Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" AARON RAMSEY LAST HOME GAME "

Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:23 pm

Aaron Ramsey will face a fitness test this afternoon to assess whether he can play tonight. Also despite what you may have read elsewhere I understand that Aaron will be recalled by Arsenal as soon as his loan deal expires. There will be no extension to this agreement.

I am told also that Michael Chopra is very likely to start tonight.

Re: AARON RAMSEY LAST HOME GAME ?

Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:25 pm

Chopra has been training Carl so has every chance of playing tonight, if not then should be ok for Saturday!

Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:27 pm

Ramsey will leave a huge gap, he just oozes class

Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:27 pm

With Arsenals mounting games it does seem obvious that a Ramsey recall is definite, however I still think he may stay a bit longer on a return at any moment sort of deal with the Arse...if not maybe Jones can get another midfielder to replace him on loan until the end of the season.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:28 pm

gutted about Ramsey.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:37 pm

Perfect chance to get Michael Brown in on loan from Pompey, they're desperate to get rid and he is what were crying out for

Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:39 pm

I'm anxious about Chopra playing. Will he be 100%??? I hope so but cautious about it. This is a must win game though. But aren't they all now?! :p

Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:42 pm

carlccfc wrote:Aaron Ramsey will face a fitness test this afternoon to assess whether he can play tonight. Also despite what you may have read elsewhere I understand that Aaron will be recalled by Arsenal as soon as his loan deal expires. There will be no extension to this agreement.

Dave Jones said in his Pre-Leicester interview yesterday, that he intended speaking to Wenger in the next couple of days!

Do you know if DJ has spoken to Wenger yet Carl?

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:47 pm

Michael Brown is the answer we need someone nasty that can play, Oli is like Bambi on acid!

Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:56 pm

So its time for Koumas to step up to the plate when Ramsey is gone then

Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:21 pm

Koumas? Forget it, he's not what we need in central midfield.

Its all due to Jones' pathetic efforts to get in a decent midfield general pre season. Drinkwater - untried at this level. You need an experienced man there - Jones had Ince at Wolves. He needed to get in a highly experienced player to run the midfield.

As much as I detest him, Derry has been exactly that sort of person for QPR.

Re: " AARON RAMSEY LAST HOME GAME ? "

Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:42 pm

Right, I'm confused about something and I hope someone can clear this up. Vince Grella has played for his club, Leeds, and a loan club (Carlisle I think). His loan move to Motherwell (or some other Scottish team) was cancelled because he could not turn out for more than 2 clubs in a season.

Sane happened with Vaughan. He played for Toffees and Palace, so that's why his loan move to Celtic broke down.

So how can Ramsey be recalled and play for Arsenal? I can understand they can recall him.....but how can he play for them when he's played for us AND Forest?

Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:44 pm

PhatFrog wrote:Right, I'm confused about something and I hope someone can clear this up. Vince Grella has played for his club, Leeds, and a loan club (Carlisle I think). His loan move to Motherwell (or some other Scottish team) was cancelled because he could not turn out for more than 2 clubs in a season.

Sane happened with Vaughan. He played for Toffees and Palace, so that's why his loan move to Celtic broke down.

So how can Ramsey be recalled and play for Arsenal? I can understand they can recall him.....but how can he play for them when he's played for us AND Forest?

because arsenal is his club. You can go out on loan to two teams, and still play for your team.

he will be allowed to play for arsenal when he goes back

Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:57 pm

Wave goodbye to Rambo and kiss goodbye to promotion..... :(

Our already lightweight midfield will be overun as usual. Gutted

Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:05 pm

great call about michael brown, he's exactly what we need !

Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:07 pm

Be sad to see him go - he's the type of player we have needed all season and a strong defender.
I did think Oli and Drimwater might ahve been them.
We have the best Strikeforce in the league, a sound midfield and at times ok back four.
Tonight we need 100% from the fans

Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:33 pm

carlccfc wrote:Aaron Ramsey will face a fitness test this afternoon to assess whether he can play tonight. Also despite what you may have read elsewhere I understand that Aaron will be recalled by Arsenal as soon as his loan deal expires. There will be no extension to this agreement.

Carl, Chops own words just now in Albany Road.

" I AM AVAILABLE FOR SELECTION and READY TO START "
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote: Carl, Chops own words just now in Albany Road.

very good news :D
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:43 pm

PhatFrog wrote:Right, I'm confused about something and I hope someone can clear this up. Vince Grella has played for his club, Leeds, and a loan club (Carlisle I think). His loan move to Motherwell (or some other Scottish team) was cancelled because he could not turn out for more than 2 clubs in a season.

its cos its international transfer , ramsey can still play for arsenal this season

Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:20 pm

Don't know what all the fuss is about.

Remember boys, we got Stephen Mcfailure and Gavin "the enforcer" Rae to deputise.

Hope that put ur mind at ease.

I guess play offs here we come if we are lucky

Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:22 pm

Oh, and Whitts. Forgot about him. But then again, very forgettable

Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Carl, Chops own words just now in Albany Road.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -28210075/
:ayatollah:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:30 pm

goats wrote:Wave goodbye to Rambo and kiss goodbye to promotion..... :(

Our already lightweight midfield will be overun as usual. Gutted

We knew we only had him for a month, thats what i can't understand.
Earlier post different thread here:

I think we will, but hanging on to Rambo is not the answer, i thought it a huge mistake to bring him here for a month.
Class that he is, he was always going to leave a huge hole to fill when he departs, as well has other players nose's being put out, and then come back in and try to live up to Rambos standards??

At least we knew we got bellers for the season, but for me, rambos short stay here has caused to much expectation and distruption... already the cries are: if rambo leaves we got no chance???ffs

F--k with the C--k you got, not with one you would like.....

Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:38 pm

Why don't they rexall lansbury from norwich :old:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:08 pm

The problem with Pompey's Brown is I suspect he's on high wages and they might well want a loan fee ;)

Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:18 pm

darran1927 wrote:

its cos its international transfer , ramsey can still play for arsenal this season

Pretty sure his loan move to Nottingham Forest was classed as an emergency loan enabling him to play for us and Arsenal in the same season :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:30 pm

stickywicket wrote:Why don't they rexall lansbury from norwich :old:

This^^^^^^.

Also thought I read on here he was going to be here for the season even though it was only announced as a deal until the end of Feb. What changed?

Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:48 pm

Wuz ramsey ever going to play against forrest, Doh
reacon he cost us there, with players not having match time.
Kumas needs a start, match fitness and terrace support. :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:49 pm

Aaron as we speak is 100% going to be called back by Arsenal ,after the Hull game.
Hull if i remeber was the game when Rambo made his 1st full debut for us.

What happens in the next few days will be down to DJ & AW to sort things out,but Arsenal have a load of games and need as many players to chose from.

I personally know that Aaron would love Cardiff in the Premier League,but Aaron is an Arsenal player and they make the decisions on where he plays next.

At least this weeks update from Carl will tell us more :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:51 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:

Aaron as we speak is 100% going to be called back by Arsenal ,after the Hull game.
Hull if i remeber was the game when Rambo made his 1st full debut for us.

What happens in the next few days will be down to DJ & AW to sort things out,but Arsenal have a load of games and need as many players to chose from.

I personally know that Aaron would love Cardiff in the Premier League,but Aaron is an Arsenal player and they make the decisions on where he plays next.

At least this weeks update from Carl will tell us more :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cheers Tony :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: