Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Did you know that if the 'yes' vote won on March 3rd

Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:42 pm

Another lot of wasted money then Chief that could go on the NHS :evil: :evil:

Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:44 pm

I'd rather us have the power than Westminster to be honest. Each to their own though. All I know is that we deserve much better and if voting yes allows us a chance at a better Wales then I'm willing to give it a shot. It might not work but isn't it worth giving it a try?

I have no general opinions on AMs. Some are poor but others like Jenny Randerson are actually pretty decent.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:55 pm

This is what i am concerned about : Its not about handing power to Wales it will be about handing power to the far left. I am not really into politics never been that interested i just want whoever is in power to represent the People and our interests.
If the yes get there way does that mean Plaid will have most of the power and if so i am concerned that they will turn us into a third world Nation. They are 100% in total favour of turning Wales electricity production 100% renewable. Unfortunately renew ables does not work like they claim and its con from start to finish , and as our whole way of life reverts around Electricity then we would end up in the shit. And that i am concerned about

Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:16 pm

Zabier wrote:I'd rather us have the power than Westminster to be honest. Each to their own though. All I know is that we deserve much better and if voting yes allows us a chance at a better Wales then I'm willing to give it a shot. It might not work but isn't it worth giving it a try?

I have no general opinions on AMs. Some are poor but others like Jenny Randerson are actually pretty decent.

exactly

Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:18 pm

Midfield general wrote:then another 20 AM's will be recruited!!!! :evil:

Gis a job I could do that. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:19 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:This is what i am concerned about : Its not about handing power to Wales it will be about handing power to the far left. I am not really into politics never been that interested i just want whoever is in power to represent the People and our interests.
If the yes get there way does that mean Plaid will have most of the power and if so i am concerned that they will turn us into a third world Nation. They are 100% in total favour of turning Wales electricity production 100% renewable. Unfortunately renew ables does not work like they claim and its con from start to finish , and as our whole way of life reverts around Electricity then we would end up in the shit. And that i am concerned about

On the other hand, the oil and gas will eventually (sooner than you think) run out, and what the feck will we do then?
Investing in renewables now will mean we ar a step ahead in the future, also countries that over the last decade have done this have made massive profits from selling renewable energy solutions to stupid countries like the UK, countries like Denmark and Germany among others.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:26 pm

Midfield general wrote:
Zabier wrote:I'd rather us have the power than Westminster to be honest. Each to their own though. All I know is that we deserve much better and if voting yes allows us a chance at a better Wales then I'm willing to give it a shot. It might not work but isn't it worth giving it a try?I have no general opinions on AMs. Some are poor but others like Jenny Randerson are actually pretty decent.

Think of the added expense to the taxpayer at this time of financial hardship.

Without sound selfish... actually, f**k it, sounding selfish here but I'd rather the tax money was spent on us trying for a better country than those fuckers in places where the benefit scammers and work shy losers are.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:44 pm

It doesn't matter, I met this bloke today

Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:48 pm

Scandalous

Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:49 pm

Find me an honest and well intentioned politician on either the left or the right, and I wil find you 20million pounds and the cure for baldness.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:57 pm

PtB wrote:It doesn't matter, I met this bloke today

He looks suspiciously like Gavin Henson after 5 days on the streets!

Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:57 pm

While more AM's arnt ideal, the last election proved that we are going to be left behind. Whilst I would never want us to be independent from Britain, its obvious that we do need more power. Nearly all Welsh constituencies voted labour. Didn't make a bit of difference to the final result did it? Its as if we didn't have a voice. Not to mention all these cuts will affect Wales more than it will England.

A bigger and a more powerful assembly is essential in my eyes.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:33 pm

Given the amount of public money wasted on subsidising Welsh Air and Rail links to the North (over 2 million a year) not to mention European grants on other pointless projects then I would dread to imagine what more money they would waste if the Assembly had more powers.

Whilst we have these loonies controlling the spending they will never get a ‘Yes’ vote from me. Our country is in enough sh*t as it is, giving them more power could be catastrophic.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:40 pm

chris_ccfc wrote:Given the amount of public money wasted on subsidising Welsh Air and Rail links to the North (over 2 million a year) not to mention European grants on other pointless projects then I would dread to imagine what more money they would waste if the Assembly had more powers.

Whilst we have these loonies controlling the spending they will never get a ‘Yes’ vote from me. Our country is in enough sh*t as it is, giving them more power could be catastrophic.

Lesser of two evils perhaps? Would you rather the money is spent on North to South Wales transport links or Birmingham to London transport links?

I believe the extra powers will only benefit us but for those who share a more pessimistic view I can only say that the reason we are in such a shit heap is because of Westminster.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:46 pm

Zabier wrote:
chris_ccfc wrote:Given the amount of public money wasted on subsidising Welsh Air and Rail links to the North (over 2 million a year) not to mention European grants on other pointless projects then I would dread to imagine what more money they would waste if the Assembly had more powers.

Lesser of two evils perhaps? Would you rather the money is spent on North to South Wales transport links or Birmingham to London transport links?

I believe the extra powers will only benefit us but for those who share a more pessimistic view I can only say that the reason we are in such a shit heap is because of Westminster.

Which transport links will generate the more profit and carry more passengers? I would rather see the money spent on something that can sustain itself than disappear into a black hole.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:46 pm

CF14-SE14 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:This is what i am concerned about : Its not about handing power to Wales it will be about handing power to the far left. I am not really into politics never been that interested i just want whoever is in power to represent the People and our interests.

On the other hand, the oil and gas will eventually (sooner than you think) run out, and what the feck will we do then?
Investing in renewables now will mean we ar a step ahead in the future, also countries that over the last decade have done this have made massive profits from selling renewable energy solutions to stupid countries like the UK, countries like Denmark and Germany among others.

Yes Chief Renew ables have to be looked into but as yet they are not cost productive, They do not produce the amount of Electricity that they claim. A new giant wind farm off the shores of i think Swanage that would consist of 250 turbines and hundreds of feet high will produce enough Electricity for 800.000 homes that is not enough for say the City of Cardiff and please remember that 800.000 is if the wind is blowing at the optimum amount, not to much but not to little and the chances of hitting that target even over a small period of time is small. So the 800.000 would in fact be a lot lot less. Even Labour knew at the moment Renew ables is not the answer that is why even they opted for Other forms as they are not stupid. Wind is an idea on a small scale but it isn't the answer its green pye in the Sky and all it is like global warming bullshit.
But saying that we do have to continue with research. Tidal is an option but the Canadians have warned its not what its cracked up to be. The Barrage here wont get built as again it would be new technology for this option and no one knows if it would work. But research must continue. But my view they need to crack the anti matter as it would solve all Electricity needs all over the world and is clean and an endless supply. That is the future in Electricity but that is a very long way off. Untill then you have clean coal and Nuclear. And yes i have worked at a Nuclear Plant for 25 years and i know it is safe. Would i be happy my boy working there ? Yes without a doubt

Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:48 pm

chris_ccfc wrote:
Zabier wrote:

Which transport links will generate the more profit and carry more passengers? I would rather see the money spent on something that can sustain itself than disappear into a black hole.

But how much of that money from the English transport link would we see compared to the Welsh one? I'm not trying to cut you down and to be honest I don't know the stats but I'm just putting the question and topic out there.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:56 pm

I'm basing my decision on what the Assembly has done in the areas they have already had control

- Education where we are now far and away the worst region of the UK according to the international report that came out a few weeks ago. We now rank alongside countries like Bulgaria.

- Health where we have again moved to being the worst in the UK based in terms of the main national measures of how long it takes to be seen when referred to a hospital ( and time is often critical) and ambulance respose times.

Can't think of anything that they've done that's actually made a positive impact on my life.

:old: :old: :old:

Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:58 pm

CF14-SE14 wrote:

Nukes is correct and funnily enough CF so are you. Problem was the last shower of shit "running" the country were such a clueless bunch of morons that the world leaders in sustainable or renewable energy more or less pulled out of the UK due to the incompetance of the previous government. I work for one of those companies and whilst its not my particular field of expertise I do probably know more than most "UK" experts or the "man in the street". A complex issue that really shouldn't be but as someone else has noted it does appear that most politicians are only in the game for what they can squeeze out of it, not unique to the UK, rather working in the best interests of the country. The Severn Barrage is a classic example of government incompetance, expected of a left wing government but in all fairness I don't think the present lot would have been much better as they seem to have back tracked although the funding would be a problem in the current climate.

The simple solution is the revamp of planning legislation as that is where most of the money disappears. It has been done, Boris Johnson did it when he became Mayor of London, cut Livingstones' previous policies at a stroke and probably saved half the Amazon rain forest at the same time. The so-called Welsh Assembly Government already have greater powers in this respect so could make a difference if they wanted to. Party political bullshit again I suspect..

Come to think of it isn't that odious little creep Hain telling all the labour sheep to boot out the Welsh Nationalists? Rather strange as he's been sucking up to them for years, been sucking off the Tory's for years on Clapham Common as well allegedly :o

Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:01 pm

WE really do need to take more power do things we need to do that england have failed to do.
every child in Wales gets less per head than they do in england and our kids are our future. They have already given you prescriptions for free, something the english didn't give you the more power Wales gets the more power we have to look after our self's. While the english Mp looks after there self's with there corruption of there expenses running into 1000s in lots of cases and then they think they shouldn't get put into court about it. If it was you or me we would be kissing the baby bye bye for a few years.

Its about time you woke up and seen what is going on,would you bring home your money for work and give it to the people next door and ask them to pay your bills and buy your food for the week and buy the kids there cloths ? NO ! so why the hell let england tell you what you can and cant have ? and how to run your affairs when they cant run there's.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:01 pm

That would just be the start!!!!!!

Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:04 pm

Midfield general wrote:
Zabier wrote:I'd rather us have the power than Westminster to be honest. Each to their own though. All I know is that we deserve much better and if voting yes allows us a chance at a better Wales then I'm willing to give it a shot. It might not work but isn't it worth giving it a try?I have no general opinions on AMs. Some are poor but others like Jenny Randerson are actually pretty decent.

Think of the added expense to the taxpayer at this time of financial hardship.

IT WAS THE eNGLISH GOVERMENT WHO GOT US HERE

Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:04 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-12268077

Does this mean more AMs?

No. The referendum is solely about part four of the Act, which says nothing about adding to the existing 60 AMs.

Also: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12221503

Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:07 pm

Zabier wrote:But how much of that money from the English transport link would we see compared to the Welsh one? I'm not trying to cut you down and to be honest I don't know the stats but I'm just putting the question and topic out there.

You raise a good point mate. If the funding was less then I would support it however they subsidise the North – South air link 1.2 million a year. That to me is outrageous considering the contracts for the operator being changed every year as it’s still not profitable. That money would be better spent on attracting business to create more jobs etc.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-11904955

Can’t find the exact link now but apparently 1.7 million is being spend to subsidise train links from Cardiff to Holyhead a year. To me that is just ridiculous, who is going to use these services? the demand is just not there.

If the spending was cut then I would be happy, at the moment I believe that they are just throwing money away.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:49 pm

WE really do need to take more power do things we need to do that england have failed to do.
every child in Wales gets less per head than they do in england and our kids are our future.

Excellent point. Trouble is it's down to the Welsh Assembly and our local authorities as they are allowed to retain a far higher percentage of the allocated budget than they are in England, and they do. It was explained a couple of weeks ago on Radio Wales.

:old:

Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:15 pm

THAT IS NOT TRUE...where did you get that fact from ?

Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:20 pm

Look you guys all the english MP want no more Welsh Mps in the house of commonds, if Wales get more power, Cos they cant have as much say in the running of Wales as they did have.SO they ask why should Welsh MPs have a say in running england. But it was ok for them for 100s of years to say what happens in Wales and we just had to take it. Little Welsh kids in school given the cane just cos they spoke Welsh. Did You know that in part of england that after 8pm if they seen a Welshman out they could shoot him or her ? Did you know that ? That is a Fact ! FOR CHRIST SAKE WAKE UP, STAND UP AND BE A MAN FIGHT FOR YOUR COUNTRY AND TAKE CONTROLL OF IT .

Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:25 pm

Also take a good long look at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LX6EbBiUXk

Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:09 am

I remember when they first campaigned for the Assembly. Their biggest selling point was they would be able to bring loads of jobs to Wales. Which to be fair was true, shame it was only politicians jobs they were talking about. :roll:

Never mind though, on the news earlier they talked about one organisation who are recruiting as many youngsters as they can get. Don't get too exited though, it was the Taliban they were talking about. It would be funny if it wasn't so serious and drastic.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:47 pm

Midfield general wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote:Look you guys all the english MP want no more Welsh Mps in the house of commonds, if Wales get more power, Cos they cant have as much say in the running of Wales as they did have.SO they ask why should Welsh MPs have a say in running england. But it was ok for them for 100s of years to say what happens in Wales and we just had to take it. Little Welsh kids in school given the cane just cos they spoke Welsh. Did You know that in part of england that after 8pm if they seen a Welshman out they could shoot him or her ? Did you know that ? That is a Fact ! FOR CHRIST SAKE WAKE UP, STAND UP AND BE A MAN FIGHT FOR YOUR COUNTRY AND TAKE CONTROLL OF IT .

Complete rubbish, how old are you..? That mention about a welshman after 8pm was a comedy scene back in the early 90's!!!

YOu didnt even know churchill sent in troop that kill a Welshman So dont shout your mouth off to me! And what I said about the any english man could kill a welshman out after 8pm is 100% true ! you may think its joke but its true. So learn before you shout your mouth off about thing you didnt even know about . and I will tell you how old I am , Im over 55 years of age ok ? so do that mean anything to YOU?