Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" THE ADDITION OF CRAIG BELLAMY "

Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:51 pm

To our team, has it improved or hindered us and have you been happy with his performances for us.

He is in my eyes the best player in this league, but at times he tries to hard to do too much instead of playing his natural game, also many times mediocre defenders have marked him out of the game which i will admit suprised me.

But overall so far for his experience, committment and passion i feel he has been a huge plus to our squad this season. :ayatollah:

Re: THE ADDITION OF CRAIG BELAMY

Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:54 pm

to be honest I think everyone was expecting bellers to walk into this division and dominate by scoring 20 goals or so but he clearly hasn't. I think there's definitely loads more to come from him though. If he starts playing his best now in the run in then that would be ideal timing.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:00 pm

Bellamy said before the new year judge me on my form when 100% fit around febuary time. That time has now arrived, Bellers to lead us on a WINNING run starting tuesday. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:13 pm

I feel he's been really impressive and the only reason he hasn't shone more is either because teams have double marked him or we've not got the ball to him as much. He's doing well and has been a cracking addition.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:19 pm

Zabier wrote:I feel he's been really impressive and the only reason he hasn't shone more is either because teams have double marked him or we've not got the ball to him as much. He's doing well and has been a cracking addition.

And when he's double marked, that means there should be a space elsewhere on the pitch for us to capitalise. I think he has been class since January.

Re: THE ADDITION OF CRAIG BELLAMY

Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:43 am

I think he has been class.

If you watch him for 10 mins during a game you can see all his runs, his passes, his communication, the way he handles players and winds there players up.

You have seen that he has improved since Ramsey has come back, Ramsey is able to supple better balls for Craig to run on to and that has seen Bellamy improve.

Craig is key for our run in and no doubt he will take us up, and keep us in the Premiership :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:49 am

chippy909 wrote:I think he has been class.

If you watch him for 10 mins during a game you can see all his runs, his passes, his communication, the way he handles players and winds there players up.

You have seen that he has improved since Ramsey has come back, Ramsey is able to supple better balls for Craig to run on to and that has seen Bellamy improve.

Craig is 10 yards ahead of everyone else on the pitch. Ramsey is the only one with the ability to make use of that.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:42 am

To me where he plays has caused a bit of a problem. After last season and Whittingham's 25 goals you would think that the one position that didn't need changing was Left-Wing.

Yet Whitts was ousted to accomodate Bellamy and he hasn't been the same player since. I just wonder if it would have been better to have left Whittingham alone and played Bellers in his more natural right-hand side where we also had a natural deputy in Chris Burke for when Bellers needed a rest.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:44 am

Dai,

Improved us without doubt.

Brought a Leadership/passion/class/goals and Guts without Bells I think we would of been about 12th in the league.
Perhaps Bells has to much class for the rest of them.

I really dont believe DJ would of wanted him if Bells had not Requested to come here as Bells speaks out in the dressing room.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " THE ADDITION OF CRAIG BELLAMY "

Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:59 am

Bellamy is a class act brings passion and leadership which was lacking last season, frightens defences and if they double up on him it creates gaps elsewhere plus he scored the winner against the Jacks :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:00 am

Forever Blue wrote:Dai,

Improved us without doubt.

Brought a Leadership/passion/class/goals and Guts without Bells I think we would of been about 12th in the league.
Perhaps Bells has to much class for the rest of them.

I really dont believe DJ would of wanted him if Bells had not Requested to come here as Bells speaks out in the dressing room.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

This, I've hard people gunning Bellamy as they expected more, Bellamy has more passion than most so called Cardiff supporters.

Bellamy is a Bluebired. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:19 am

My honest opinion is he is to good for the players around him apart from Rambo. The amount of times he makes his runs but no one has his footballing brain to pick him out. It must be frustrating for the fella. He isn't a Championship player he is a Prem player. Could more be done on the training pitch to of helped Bellers ? Perhaps before Rambo arrived macca should of been used more ?

Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:25 am

I have been surprised how ineffectual he is in some games I thought he would stroll this league but as mentioned above mediocre defenders are coming out on top in some games. He does seem to get double marked which we should take more of an advantage of down the other side with Burke or Jet?? He is our game winner though and player other teams fear most and his work rate is second to none which is superb to see.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:41 pm

Our left midfielder last year scored 25 goals and provided numerous assists our left midfielder this year hasn't close to that. Having said that Bellers has provided a lot off the pitch I would imagine.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:52 pm

Easy one to answer this.

He has been a fantastic addition to the squad on and off the pitch.

He can get you the match winner and as previous posters have noted the rest of the team, currently, cannot keep up with him.

Don't forget his shot cleared off the line against Forest.

With Bothroyd a shadow of his former self ( I would rate him as effective as Keogh at the moment ) and Chops coming back from injury Bellers really has his work cut out.

Rambo is a great help to him and an on song McPhail would also help provide the killer ball.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:15 pm

I thinks hes been a great assest and without him I feel we would be outside the playoffs. I didnt really know what to expect but his pace is exceptional at times and when hes in full flight you can see it causing defenders problems. His work rate is tremendous and I havent seen such passion from a Cardiff player for a long time. Every time things go wrong or he doesnt get the decision you can see how annoyed he gets and keeps on battling and trying. So in my view hes been a tremendous signing :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:06 pm

hes def improved our team, i think a couple of times earlier on in the season he wasnt good, but we all know he wasnt fit, lets just hope from tomoro night he starts us on a winning run that lasts til may

does anyone think if we dont go up this season, will he stay on next season??

Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:27 pm

hes been fantastic,sunk the jacks and dominated dirty leeds home and away,and it cracks me up how rival supporters and fans are so jealous we have him :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:03 pm

englishbluebird wrote:hes been fantastic,sunk the jacks and dominated dirty leeds home and away,and it cracks me up how rival supporters and fans are so jealous we have him :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Correct Chief they were all jealous of our team!! But now we are a laughing stock as our team are being laughed at and that is how it is chief.
They are also laughing that we have the highest paid manager outside of the Prem ( well he was until Sven came along) and he doesn't have a clue how to put a decent team out with all our talent. They are all laughing at us FACT :cry:

Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:05 pm

Our problem is the manager. End of.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:43 am

Didn't impress me greatly against us if I'm honest & I thought he'd get a lot more goals this season than he has but it could be argued he is 'too good' for this division with regards to his thinking, movement etc your players might not be as blessed as him footballing brain wise.

I will say though what he brings in desire, drive, effort, leadership qualities & guile the guy is worth his weight in gold.

Also I've been impressed with his fitness this season, seems to have been managed very well in the physio department.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:10 am

Everyone expected too much from him 'cause he was so good at Man City but he was that good there 'cause he played with a much better team. But personally I've think he's been awesome for us. :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:22 am

Good debate :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:33 pm

I agree, playing in a better team makes you the better the player, there is no doubt about that. It is therefore a testament to Bellamy that even though he has taken a massive step down he has still performed well, despite having to adapt his game to play with lesser players!