Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " We cannot compete with Forest "

Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:17 pm

PtB wrote:I'm sorry, but we can compete with any team in this league.

Just bearn in mind that Forest lost to Scunthorpe who we beat twice, and QPR lost to Watford who we gubbed at home.

Don't let one defeat this year cloud the judgement again, this is going to the wire but we are more than good enough to come out on top of this.

For three months we keep hearing QPR will run away with it................

If we can live with any team, why are Forest unbeaten at home and look likely to go all season unbeaten. Can we say with any confidence we will go unbeaten at home for the rest of the season .... no we cannnot. So we cant live with their record. Granted that on our day we are a match for any team in this league but unfortunately with only 15 games left we have to play catch up with teams who are playing better than us. One defeat has not clouded my judgement but our recent run certainly has. We may have to set our sights a little lower because with our current form we will be lucky to make the playoffs.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:41 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:

Just bearn in mind that Forest lost to Scunthorpe who we beat twice, and QPR lost to Watford who we gubbed at home.

Don't let one defeat this year cloud the judgement again, this is going to the wire but we are more than good enough to come out on top of this.

If we can live with any team, why are Forest unbeaten at home and look likely to go all season unbeaten. Can we say with any confidence we will go unbeaten at home for the rest of the season .... no we cannnot. So we cant live with their record. Granted that on our day we are a match for any team in this league but unfortunately with only 15 games left we have to play catch up with teams who are playing better than us. One defeat has not clouded my judgement but our recent run certainly has. We may have to set our sights a little lower because with our current form we will be lucky to make the playoffs.

JOG ON JESUS YOU'RE SENDING ME TO SLEEP!!!!

Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:20 pm

I watched the game and for the first 20 minutes I was worried, seriously worried. Cardiff created the better chances and with hindsight my confidence is boosted by Lee Camps performance and the defence in general, it might be just enough to get us into the 2 automatic spots.

This was a class game between two really good team's, and it wouldn't be an injustice if Forest and Cardiff were the top two.

Both Cardiff and Forest could survive in the Premiership with some investment.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:58 pm

ChiChi wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

JOG ON JESUS YOU'RE SENDING ME TO SLEEP!!!!

I would have more respect for you if you actually joined in the debate and contributed something rather than throw stones from the sidelines. I have given my thoughts and I am not saying that my opinion is better or more valid than anyone elses but I am not afraid to give it. I would still be interested in your thoughts on the issue despite your attempted put downs.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:39 am

Lol just ignore them mate everyone has their own opinions and thoughts but my advice to you after looking at your posts is.... Stay positive and keep the faith!! Cmon city !

Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:01 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:You can analyse all the stats till you are blue in the face, keep the faith by all means or keep everything crossed. The reality of our situation is that if you compare us to Forest then Forest will certainly remain unbeaten at home for the rest of the season (something we cannot guarantee) and they are just as likely as us to pinch a few away points. If you couple that with the fact that they already have a one point advantage plus a game in hand then it would pretty much take a miracle for us to catch them. I personally think we are more likely to catch QPR but even this is a slim chance as they have a 6 point advantage over us. I think realistically we are looking at the playoffs again unless we go on an incredible run ourselves which is appearing increasingly unlikely.I have already mentally prepared myself for the lottery of the playoffs just in case and yes my glass is half empty and getting a little bit emptier every week. :(

If you had posted a week adain you would have said that Forest would beat Scunthorpe away, but they didn't and there are plenty more games they will lose aswell....

You can say what you like we were the better team on Saturday IMO........

And we will finsish above them, but not QPR......... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:56 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:You can analyse all the stats till you are blue in the face, keep the faith by all means or keep everything crossed. The reality of our situation is that if you compare us to Forest then Forest will certainly remain unbeaten at home for the rest of the season (something we cannot guarantee) and they are just as likely as us to pinch a few away points. If you couple that with the fact that they already have a one point advantage plus a game in hand then it would pretty much take a miracle for us to catch them. I personally think we are more likely to catch QPR but even this is a slim chance as they have a 6 point advantage over us. I think realistically we are looking at the playoffs again unless we go on an incredible run ourselves which is appearing increasingly unlikely.I have already mentally prepared myself for the lottery of the playoffs just in case and yes my glass is half empty and getting a little bit emptier every week. :(

If you had posted a week adain you would have said that Forest would beat Scunthorpe away, but they didn't and there are plenty more games they will lose aswell....

You can say what you like we were the better team on Saturday IMO........

And we will finsish above them, but not QPR......... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

no doubt the league is very unpredictable, anything could happen, i think qpr will slip up a bit but it wouldnt suprise me at all if forest over took them. but at the end of the season city, forest and qpr will be around the autos no matter what but way too early to say who will make it

Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:52 pm

Oioi Bluebird 64 - Bit of tongue and cheek, and a healthy difference of opinion! Few snowballs I'd say :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Looking forward to a big one tonight!

Was going to call you a pessimist but then again you haven't said Swansea taking auto and City loosing in the playoffs to forest last game of the season at the City ground with the irony of Forest maintaining their unbeaten record. :D :D

No chance are they going to keep it! As I said many games to play we're in the mix, with the squad to push on and get autos!

GAME ON!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:19 pm

ChiChi wrote:Oioi Bluebird 64 - Bit of tongue and cheek, and a healthy difference of opinion! Few snowballs I'd say :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Looking forward to a big one tonight!

Was going to call you a pessimist but then again you haven't said Swansea taking auto and City loosing in the playoffs to forest last game of the season at the City ground with the irony of Forest maintaining their unbeaten record. :D :D

No chance are they going to keep it! As I said many games to play we're in the mix, with the squad to push on and get autos!

GAME ON!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

How about that, Forest are still unbeaten at home and you mention Swansea and they go into the automatic positions above us. Perhaps you should have called me a pessimist after all. :lol:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:38 pm

I think the table suggests we can compete with anyone in this division....including Forest.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:00 am

PtB wrote:I think the table suggests we can compete with anyone in this division....including Forest.

after tonights performace, shows we CAN beat anybody. leicester are on form, one of the strongest teams in the league due to money and we outplayed them tonight

Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:05 am

Bollox, look who we've got to play

Nine teams in the bottom half, and six of the bottom seven !!!!!

We are going up

1 QPR
8 Hull
10 Burnley
11 Millwall
13 Ipswich
14 Barnsley
15 Portsmouth
18 Doncaster
19 Derby
20 Middlesbrough
21 Crystal Palace
23 Sheff Utd
24 Preston

Look who they have got to play

Eight in the eleven teams, all with genuine playoff hopes, that is miles harder and is why they will fall away.......

QPR, Swansea and Cardiff have the best run in's........

2 Swansea
5 Norwich
6 Leeds
7 Leicester
8 Hull
9 Reading
10 Burnley
11 Millwall
17 Bristol City
18 Doncaster
20 Middlesbrough
21 Crystal Palace
22 S****horpe
23 Sheff Utd

Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:37 am

Bluebina wrote:

Bollox, look who we've got to play

Nine teams in the bottom half, and six of the bottom seven !!!!!

We are going up

1 QPR
8 Hull
10 Burnley
11 Millwall
13 Ipswich
14 Barnsley
15 Portsmouth
18 Doncaster
19 Derby
20 Middlesbrough
21 Crystal Palace
23 Sheff Utd
24 Preston

Look who they have got to play

Eight in the eleven teams, all with genuine playoff hopes, that is miles harder and is why they will fall away.......

QPR, Swansea and Cardiff have the best run in's........

2 Swansea
5 Norwich
6 Leeds
7 Leicester
8 Hull
9 Reading
10 Burnley
11 Millwall
17 Bristol City
18 Doncaster
20 Middlesbrough
21 Crystal Palace
22 S****horpe
23 Sheff Utd

It does not matter who we have left to play. Any team can beat another in this league.But if we can get a decent run together and the teams around us falter then you never know.The odds are slightly against us gaining an automatic spot at present but there is always the possibility that things may look different in a months time.Nothing would please me more than you being proved right.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:16 pm

Great work on the fixtures: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Worringly so Swans fixtures look easier than most.

I say easy you have the bottom teams battling for survival the top teams to make the cut for playoffs, and the middle ones with nothing to play for completely pressure free. Its a complete lottery as to which ones could be easier than the next.

Swansea v Leeds, 12:45
Scunthorpe v Swansea, 15:00
Swansea v Watford, 19:45
Derby v Swansea, 15:00
Swansea v Nott'm Forest, 15:00
Preston v Swansea, 15:00
Swansea v Norwich, 17:20
Swansea v Hull, 19:45
Burnley v Swansea, 15:00
Portsmouth v Swansea, 15:00
Swansea v Ipswich, 15:00
Millwall v Swansea, 15:00