Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ALI YASSINE

Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:05 pm

im just glad ,your not head of the welsh department, if it was down to you, we would be known as little england,

Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:09 pm

BlueInHeath wrote:
Marc wrote:Sorry, I thought this was a serious debate, but with the "You started it" response.. I realise It's a wind up. Have a nice day.

I was having a nice day, you twigged it too soon!!!

It takes a good man to admit when they are wrong, and I salute you for that. :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:12 pm

ninianblue wrote:im just glad ,your not head of the welsh department, if it was down to you, we would be known as little england,

and I'm glad you're not head of the WAG, IT WOULD HAVE IT'S OWN BRANCH OF THE kkk. although to be fair we have had the bit where homes owned by the old enemy have had their houses burnt to the ground.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:16 pm

Ok Blueinheath, my daughter has a friend from a welsh only speaking household and her father knows I speak welsh as a second language. When he talks to me he speaks to me in Welsh, and when he does I don't slap him in the face and tell him he's insulting me even though english is my first language. I reply in Welsh. Because I can

Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:24 pm

ashccfc wrote:Ok Blueinheath, my daughter has a friend from a welsh only speaking household and her father knows I speak welsh as a second language. When he talks to me he speaks to me in Welsh, and when he does I don't slap him in the face and tell him he's insulting me even though english is my first language. I reply in Welsh. Because I can

I often go to the 3 arches with a friend of mine who is a fluent welsh speaker, if any of his butties speak to him in welsh whilst I'm with him he refuses to acknowledge their presence as he feels it's rude and tells them to speak English, we can all allude to obscure examples, there is nothing wrong with welsh as a 2nd language but imo it should lso be the 2nd language at the ccs because it is the 2nd language, that is an undeniable fact, how many chants do we have in welsh?.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:31 pm

BlueInHeath wrote:
ashccfc wrote:Ok Blueinheath, my daughter has a friend from a welsh only speaking household and her father knows I speak welsh as a second language. When he talks to me he speaks to me in Welsh, and when he does I don't slap him in the face and tell him he's insulting me even though english is my first language. I reply in Welsh. Because I can

I often go to the 3 arches with a friend of mine who is a fluent welsh speaker, if any of his butties speak to him in welsh whilst I'm with him he refuses to acknowledge their presence as he feels it's rude and tells them to speak English, we can all allude to obscure examples, there is nothing wrong with welsh as a 2nd language but imo it should lso be the 2nd language at the ccs because it is the 2nd language, that is an undeniable fact, how many chants do we have in welsh?.

So im right in saying you refuse to sing your countrys national anthem?

Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:43 pm

ashccfc wrote:
BlueInHeath wrote:

So im right in saying you refuse to sing your countrys national anthem?

like the majority looking at the big screens when it is being sung, i don't know the words after the part where it goes' my hen had an haddock he had it for tea

Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:50 pm

Marc wrote:
BlueInHeath wrote:
Marc wrote:Sorry, I thought this was a serious debate, but with the "You started it" response.. I realise It's a wind up. Have a nice day.

I was having a nice day, you twigged it too soon!!!

It takes a good man to admit when they are wrong, and I salute you for that. :ayatollah:

err? I've admitted nothing just a wind-up on a miserable Sunday afternoon although I'm serious about the fact that a minority language is given preference at the predominantly English speaking ccfc. which imo on this all opinions message board is taking the piss.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:57 pm

I don't object to bi-lingual announcements.

Mind you, I've never overheard a conversation in Welsh at any Bluebirds game.

Also, why do the kids who attend our local Welsh Language secondary school talk to each other in English when they are on their way to and from school?

did you say you have moved to engerland, been there for 6 weeks? then please, dont come back over the border to WALES

:roll: So because you are unable to speak it no one should speak it. If you were next to me and my four brothers and we were speaking Welsh i'd love to see you tell us to stop it as we are insulting you :lol:

And yes we do speak Welsh at times, my oldest brother is a bricklayer and im a carpenter and when we work on the same site we speak welsh all day sometimes just because we can.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:00 pm

bluebird58 wrote:I don't object to bi-lingual announcements.

Mind you, I've never overheard a conversation in Welsh at any Bluebirds game.

Also, why do the kids who attend our local Welsh Language secondary school talk to each other in English when they are on their way to and from school?

i don't object either, just the welsh bit 1st imo it makes our club look as if it has a chip on both shoulders.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:01 pm

Blueinheath (Chris).....Have you any Idea about our Identity or what as a Country we have been through??? If you do, then I find this post rather Ignorant. There's a great cliche that I could attach to this thread, but It would seem you already know that, so I won't bother., This is my last post on this particular thread, so I bid you Nos Da..

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:14 pm

Marc wrote:Blueinheath (Chris).....Have you any Idea about our Identity or what as a Country we have been through??? If you do, then I find this post rather Ignorant. There's a great cliche that I could attach to this thread, but It would seem you already know that, so I won't bother., This is my last post on this particular thread, so I bid you Nos Da..

On the basis i have lived in Wales for 50 years obviousley the answer is no :D but I agree please dont bother with your great cliche gutten tag.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:16 pm

ashccfc wrote::roll: So because you are unable to speak it no one should speak it. If you were next to me and my four brothers and we were speaking Welsh i'd love to see you tell us to stop it as we are insulting you :lol:

And yes we do speak Welsh at times, my oldest brother is a bricklayer and im a carpenter and when we work on the same site we speak welsh all day sometimes just because we can.

well done :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
http://www.show.me.uk/dbimages/chunked_ ... 189_lg.JPG

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:21 pm

BlueInHeath wrote:
ashccfc wrote::roll: So because you are unable to speak it no one should speak it. If you were next to me and my four brothers and we were speaking Welsh i'd love to see you tell us to stop it as we are insulting you :lol:

That would have been funny if you knew how to post a picture

What's next from you? Women and children shouldn't be allowed in the stadium?

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:31 pm

ashccfc wrote:
BlueInHeath wrote:

[color=#FF4000]That would have been funny if you knew how to post a picture[/color]

What's next from you? Women and children shouldn't be allowed in the stadium?

Well my son is a season ticket holder and my wife regularly attends ccs and away games sorry to disappoint you

ark at her

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:45 pm

Am I right you were born on the wrong side of the bridge but lived in Wales for over 50 years?

If so this country has no doubt been good to you, right? Otherwise why would you still be here?

So why dont you have a bit of respect and pride in your adopted country?

My family holiday in the Netherlands quite often and English is a majority spoken language in the cities there as it's universal. But if 1 nederlander talks to another they speak dutch, i wouldn'yt take offence to this as i'm IN THEIR COUNTRY. I still can't see your point

Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:03 pm

ashccfc wrote:Am I right you were born on the wrong side of the bridge but lived in Wales for over 50 years?

If so this country has no doubt been good to you, right? Otherwise why would you still be here?

So why dont you have a bit of respect and pride in your adopted country?

My family holiday in the Netherlands quite often and English is a majority spoken language in the cities there as it's universal. But if 1 nederlander talks to another they speak dutch, i wouldn'yt take offence to this as i'm IN THEIR COUNTRY. I still can't see your point

erm because i'm welsh albeit the inferior non welsh speaking type.
My Home, wife, children and grandchildren all live here all inferior types though.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:51 am

Just got in to read this lively debate on the use of Welsh at the stadium and, despite the time, felt it was worthy of a contribution.

By the way, this is just my personal opinion and not an official statement from the club.

Firstly, thanks ashccfc and everyone else for your kind words of support.

Just to clarify, due to our bilingual policy, both English and Welsh are given equal status in the stadium and this is reflected not just on the tannoy for both City and Blues games but throughout the stadium with the bilingual signs and the employment of a number of bilingual staff. Indeed, the club has also put on Welsh lessons for adults and has promoted bilingual Adult Literacy events as part of its committment to the bilingual policy. There is also an intention to develop more Welsh language initiatives if and when possible.

However, the bilingual policy is not intended to isolate or marginalise any of the fans. It is also not a pandering to the 'taffia' (whoever they are) as some would like to have it but a simple pride in the club's Welsh identity and heritage, an identity we are often reminded of whenever sizeable numbers of away fans visit or when the club plays away games.

With regard to the use of Welsh on the tannoy on match days, the fact of the matter is that, apart from a hello and welcome, the odd use of 'ladies and gentleman' and the announcement of added time in Welsh, very little of the language is spoken on the tannoy. The vast majority of the announcements are in English and will continue to be.

The Welsh language is Europe's oldest living language and, thanks in part to initiatives such as our bilingual policy, is enjoying a ressurgence in the capital. As the last line of the anthem states: O bydded i'r hen iaith parhau - long may the old language continue.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:51 am

ali wrote:Just got in to read this lively debate on the use of Welsh at the stadium and, despite the time, felt it was worthy of a contribution.

By the way, this is just my personal opinion and not an official statement from the club.

Just to clarify, due to our bilingual policy, both English and Welsh are given equal status in the stadium and this is reflected not just on the tannoy for both City and Blues games but throughout the stadium with the bilingual signs and the employment of a number of bilingual staff. Indeed, the club has also put on Welsh lessons for adults and has promoted bilingual Adult Literacy events as part of its committment to the bilingual policy. There is also an intention to develop more Welsh language initiatives if and when possible.

However, the bilingual policy is not intended to isolate or marginalise any of the fans. It is also not a pandering to the 'taffia' (whoever they are) as some would like to have it but a simple pride in the club's Welsh identity and heritage, an identity we are often reminded of whenever sizeable numbers of away fans visit or when the club plays away games.

With regard to the use of Welsh on the tannoy on match days, the fact of the matter is that, apart from a hello and welcome, the odd use of 'ladies and gentleman' and the announcement of added time in Welsh, very little of the language is spoken on the tannoy. The vast majority of the announcements are in English and will continue to be.

The Welsh language is Europe's oldest living language and, thanks in part to initiatives such as our bilingual policy, is enjoying a ressurgence in the capital. As the last line of the anthem states: O bydded i'r hen iaith parhau - long may the old language continue.

Ali

Excellent conclusion to a lively!!! debate. It would appear that you have the the full support of all fans at CCFC apart from one racist. Keep up the good work. Look forward to hearing your bilingual announcements tomorrow evening.

After all, this is the land of our fathers.

I am all for healthy debate but ignorance, bigotry and extreme rudeness are unnacceptable.

Regards

Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:51 am

ali wrote:Just got in to read this lively debate on the use of Welsh at the stadium and, despite the time, felt it was worthy of a contribution.

A well thought out reply Ali. Personally, I can't believe we're even having this debate. People actually complaining about the use of the Welsh language in a Welsh stadium, in a Welsh city, in a Welsh country???

Honestly, if this is causing you in irritation then your life seriously needs a review. Even though my Welsh is limited I am proud that the Welsh language is still in existence and I would love to learn Welsh but due to my slow ability to pick it up I find it hard to commit to it now.

Why the animosity against Welsh being used in the stadium? This mood about it being used before English as well? I'm sorry, are we still in high school? Did he start it first sir???

I'm actually disappointed that fellow Welsh people on here have such distain for the Welsh language. If you don't speak it or have no intention of speaking it then fair enough, that's your opinion and that's great. However, the attitude of some on here is as if they'd love to see the Welsh language die which as a Welsh person is really hard for me to see my fellow Welsh civilians say.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:07 am

Loving this thread. :D

Grew up with Chris (BlueInHeath) in the same street and have top admit, he knows how to keep a thread going. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:15 am

Hi Ali, (SBF1 here mate) good reply.

It's good to see some differing opinions and having Welsh announcements at the stadium but they don't bother me at all. Truth be known, I wish I could speak Welsh. But I don't.

If you ever got into another clubs ground (English club that is) and hijacked the tannoy system and did some announcing in Welsh, I suspect attitudes would change eh? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Keep up the good work mate. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Last edited by SBF1 on Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:16 am

Uncle Fester wrote:Loving this thread. :D

Grew up with Chris (BlueInHeath) in the same street and have to admit, he knows how to keep a thread going. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:19 pm

Well said, Ali.

I believe welsh should be taught at a higher standard in schools. The teaching of welsh in my school growing up was very poor.

I wish I could speak it and we should all be proud of our heritage.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:41 pm

BlueInHeath wrote:

seiously Go and leak a few more emails

Bit of a cheap shot that, and to be fair if you are going to hide behind your keyboard and dish out cheap shots you could at least get your facts right.

I was never accused of leaking emails, I was accused of hacking Ridsdales emails, the leaking of which was down to someone else apparently, or so I was told.

Fact is if you ask around you would know that those emails circulated several people for a few weeks before the newspapers got hold of them. One person in particular wrote an article on his website, at least two weeks before anyone that I know had seen them, that contained information that could only have come from those emails. Yes I was quite high on the food chain but I was no where near the top, that's a fact.

The ironic part here is I once protected the information at the club. They got rid of me, the leaks spun out of control, and then had the cheek to look in my direction. Again with an ironic view, Ridsdale getting rid of me probably led to his downfall in that he effectively removed the protection the information was getting from me.

Trust me, over the years if I was minded to leak information then you would have known about it. While I was at the club there was only the odd leak here and there, which were very few and far between, but none of the tasty stuff ever got out, that's a fact. Since I left a river has been flowing, we even get weekly updates ffs. There is definitely still someone at the club passing out stuff, of that I have no doubt. That's all I know is it's got nothing to do with me and that person will be outed sooner or later and of that I have no doubt.

Rest assured though that should any further information find my inbox I will deal with it in the correct manner by forwarding it the Malaysian's, it's their club, their problem, let them deal with it without involving me or anyone else who can be seen as an easy target.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:12 pm

Thanks for the contribution Ali. All I was trying to do was point out that you have lead a great life and it turned into a language civil war.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cadwch lan y gwaith da fy ffrind

Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:39 pm

BlueInHeath wrote:
rhonddablue wrote:Assume your going top support your English only country in the up coming international game!

I'm sure the Welsh FA would be happy with that and the resulting crowd of 3 men n their dogs :D

The majority of our players are English
The Manager is English
The majority of our supporters are English speaking only
The club operates in a predominantly English league
this message board is conducted in English

and yet Welsh is given the preferential treatment at the stadium, why?

hopefully i wont have to que by the turnstiles or bar on tuesday then if welsh speakers get preferential treatment, what a stupid thing to say, maybe you should pop along to your union flying flag waving friends up the m4.

Re: ALI YASSINE - welsh chant

Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:19 pm

we haven't got any welshchants? maybe we should then - one of our loan player's first language is welsh.

maybe if we give him a blast of "un aaron ramsey, oes dim ond un aaron ramsay" tomorrow night he might want to stay longer?

how cool wld it be to have a welsh chant? i dont speak much of it - like my trslnation probbly proves - ha ha ha - but i got nothin against it.

an if it makes one of our players feel better - we shld do it.

altogether nowe

"UN AARON RAMSEY, OES DIM OND UN AARON RAMSEY!"

if somone can do a better trnslation plese do it!