Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ALI YASSINE

Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:06 pm

Had this paper through my door called 'Yes For Wales' and it had a piece about our comical, legendary stadium announcer. Fair play to him it says he graduated from University of Glamorgan, learned to speak Welsh as an adult (despite being of Egyptian/Somali origin) and he used to direct Eastenders :shock:

:ayatollah: Do the Ayatollah Ali :ayatollah:

Re: ALI YASSINE

Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:17 pm

Was nice to hear a stadium announcer yesterday without the yaki da rubbish which is given preference in our stadium for the 3 welsh speakers who attend, it's another instance of the majority of fans being treated like shit in preference of the taffia.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:36 pm

BlueInHeath wrote:Was nice to hear a stadium announcer yesterday without the yaki da rubbish which is given preference in our stadium for the 3 welsh speakers who attend, it's another instance of the majority of fans being treated like shit in preference of the taffia.

Mae mwy na tri siaradwyr Cymraeg yn yr stadiwm
Last edited by ashccfc on Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:36 pm

BlueInHeath wrote:Was nice to hear a stadium announcer yesterday without the yaki da rubbish which is given preference in our stadium for the 3 welsh speakers who attend, it's another instance of the majority of fans being treated like shit in preference of the taffia.

Whether you like it or not Wales has its own language that more than three people in attendance speak. In what way do our fans get treated like shit in preference of the taffia then?

Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:51 pm

Agree with the part I highlighted. We had a discusion yesterday on the forum bus about the Welsh language. I can't speak it and have never had to either. It doesn't bother me one bit that I can't.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:58 pm

chris_ccfc wrote:

Whether you like it or not Wales has its own language that more than three people in attendance speak. In what way do our fans get treated like shit in preference of the taffia then?

well out of a 21 k crowd, why do the vast majority of fans have to put up with the yaki da rubbish in preference to the queens English?, the club couldn't exist without its English speaking supporters too many of our taffia speaking welsh supporters are too busy cracking one off to man yoo and Chelsea on the internet, why should we (English speakers)not be the preferential language?

Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:59 pm

What do you mean the 3 Welsh speakers? Just because you don't speak Welsh doesn't mean no one else does. For a start are you saying that out of all the Welsh schools both in and around Cardiff, none of them whatsoever support Cardiff? Nor all the people who went to those schools?

Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:05 pm

Because the club has different markets that it caters for, Welsh speakers being one of them.

Do you happen to go on holiday to Benidorm and eat and drink in the English and Irish pubs only because they don't speak that Spanish rubbish there?

Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:15 pm

Assume your going top support your English only country in the up coming international game!

Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:22 pm

How stupid. You do realise you're talking about your native language? Welsh is given 50/50 treatment at the stadium so don't understand why you're saying Welsh is given preferential treatment when it clearly isn't.

Whether you speak Welsh or not, you should be proud to hear it being spoken. And for someone who claims to support Wales as much as Cardiff Thomas, I'm surprised at you.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:27 pm

I'm not even Welsh and it appeals to me that they cater for both. Keep it up I say.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:38 pm

rhonddablue wrote:Assume your going top support your English only country in the up coming international game!

I'm sure the Welsh FA would be happy with that and the resulting crowd of 3 men n their dogs :D

The majority of our players are English
The Manager is English
The majority of our supporters are English speaking only
The club operates in a predominantly English league
this message board is conducted in English

and yet Welsh is given the preferential treatment at the stadium, why?

Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:45 pm

BlueInHeath wrote:
rhonddablue wrote:Assume your going top support your English only country in the up coming international game!

I'm sure the Welsh FA would be happy with that and the resulting crowd of 3 men n their dogs :D

The Manager is English

Because the club is based in Wales?

Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:49 pm

You are one ignorant f**k. Now f**k off and crawl back underneath ur stone. tw*t.

And I'm a non Welsh speaker before u ask.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:49 pm

chris_ccfc wrote:
BlueInHeath wrote:

The Manager is English

Because the club is based in Wales?

Then I'm sure you will be happy when we are playing tns, airbus & Prestatyn Town?

Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:51 pm

Ruislip Blue wrote:

You are one ignorant f**k. Now f**k off and crawl back underneath ur stone. tw*t.

And I'm a non Welsh speaker before u ask.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

go and f**k yourself

Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:52 pm

BlueInHeath wrote:

The Manager is English

I'm lost for words :shock: :shock:............ :cry: :cry:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:54 pm

Because we are welsh!!! Not f*cking English!
Wether you speak it or not our language is probably the main thing that makes us different! If you prefer to be same old English up to you but dad in my eyes

Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:59 pm

SAD not dad, predictive text lol

Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:03 pm

BlueInHeath wrote:Then I'm sure you will be happy when we are playing tns, airbus & Prestatyn Town?

Really, how long have we been playing in the English football league for? The fact that we are a Welsh club hasn't stopped us has it?

Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:05 pm

BlueInHeath wrote:and yet Welsh is given the preferential treatment at the stadium, why?

It isn't.
It is given equal treatment.
Because we are a welsh club based in wales.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:15 pm

chris_ccfc wrote:
BlueInHeath wrote:Then I'm sure you will be happy when we are playing tns, airbus & Prestatyn Town?

Really, how long have we been playing in the English football league for? The fact that we are a Welsh club hasn't stopped us has it?

So why in the past couple of months has the club via ali deemed it appropriate for the introduction of welsh into the announcements, would the club like to be cast into the welsh premier league?, I wonder how many members this forum would have if in welsh onlyor how many books Annis would have sold if written in Welsh only?.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:17 pm

Are you Welsh?? just wondering.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:23 pm

Marc wrote:Are you Welsh?? just wondering.

Made in Wales. lived in Wales for 50 years been a ccfc fan for 42 years, born and lived in engerland for 6 weeks.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:32 pm

BlueInHeath wrote:

Made in Wales. lived in Wales for 50 years been a ccfc fan for 42 years, born and lived in engerland for 6 weeks.

Chris, Try and see your post from our point of view, I don't wan't to get into a argument but surely if you went to a game in France and the commentary was in French, would you have such an issue. Come on, we are Welsh and I for one am Very proud of that. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:36 pm

BlueInHeath wrote:
chris_ccfc wrote:

So why in the past couple of months has the club via ali deemed it appropriate for the introduction of welsh into the announcements, would the club like to be cast into the welsh premier league?, I wonder how many members this forum would have if in welsh onlyor how many books Annis would have sold if written in Welsh only?.

Sorry you are right, what on earth was I thinking before about it being alright for announcement being made in Welsh as well as English at our games.

While we are on the subject of different languages don’t you find it really irritating when you are flying on board a foreign airline and they have the cheek to make announcements and the safety demo in their respective language, surely they should have realised by now that everything should be spoken in English and the time they would have saved.

Disrespectful feckers ey!!!

Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:40 pm

KEEP WALES, WELSH :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:42 pm

BlueInHeath wrote:

Hearing Welsh being spoken in Wales? Whatever will they think of next? Now if we could get France to only speak english then you'd be a happy boy.

Seriously though, if you don't like hearing Welsh being spoken in Wales then I suggest you f**k off back to england.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:45 pm

I'm 30 my Nan is 92 and speaks to me in welsh........is it weird that i can understand? tho i always answer in saesneg? what a weird world we live in hey? :roll:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:47 pm

BTW The queens english is actually german! f*cking biggest parasites in society.