Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Carl keeps Saying We will be OK, BECAUSE WE HAVE AN EASY RUN

Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:38 pm

Carl keeps Saying We will be OK, BECAUSE WE HAVE AN EASY RUN IN.

I Disagree, First because We struggle to Finish of teams, 2nd we make hard work of every game, we dont flourish a nd jell as a team and because these games coming up are hard games in my opinion.

Cardiff games

I believe Leicester/QPR home are Difficult

Hull/Sheff Ut/Preston/Millwall and Burnley Away ALL VERY DIFFICULT GAMES

Re: Carl keeps Saying We will be OK, BECAUSE WE HAVE AN EASY RUN

Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Carl keeps Saying We will be OK, BECAUSE WE HAVE AN EASY RUN IN.

I Disagree, First because We struggle to Finish of teams, 2nd we make hard work of every game, we dont flourish a nd jell as a team and because these games coming up are hard games in my opinion.

Cardiff games

i have to agree with you annis not as easy as it looks.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:44 pm

WE MAKE EVERY GAME HARD WITH FEW EXCEPTIONS. THATS THE PROBLEM , HARD TO PREDICT. ITS GONNA BE INTERESTING. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:48 pm

Even playing like we did earlier in the season, I'd be worried about the remaining fixtures.

Its an even bigger worry now, especially if Ramsey doesn't stay. Certain things are lacking big time, too many players playing within themselves. I cannot think of a guarenteed 3 points now.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:50 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Even playing like we did earlier in the season, I'd be worried about the remaining fixtures.

Its an even bigger worry now, especially if Ramsey doesn't stay. Certain things are lacking big time, too many players playing within themselves. I cannot think of a guarenteed 3 points now.

gonna be a long 3 months :cry:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:56 pm

No game is easy in this division. End of. Every team is on a level playing field for their run ins, no matter who the opposition is. If we believe this run in is easy we've surrendered promotion already because if you take a team for granted they will punish you.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:04 pm

Zabier wrote:No game is easy in this division. End of. Every team is on a level playing field for their run ins, no matter who the opposition is. If we believe this run in is easy we've surrendered promotion already because if you take a team for granted they will punish you.

I agree with what your saying, BUT what I will say is that Dave Jones got given the players he wanted in order to alleviate the WHOLE issue of there being 'no easy games'. Were stuck in a kind of lottery now, when in reality we should have been able to force the issure more.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Carl keeps Saying We will be OK, BECAUSE WE HAVE AN EASY RUN IN.

Cardiff games

It makes no diffrence who we play dj has his SQUAD he WANTED and we should be well away from others at the top on paper.I also believe dave jones is not up to it as are manager anymore its there for all to see,ive been saying this for a long time i knew yesterday going 1-0 down we would lose i mean come on we have won 9 games after going 1-0 down in 5fucking years does this not tell anyone anything FACTS dont lie,he took burke off the only man to run at anyone some of the things he does is shocking :?

Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:13 pm

Cardiff games

We make things hard for ourselves Annis because of the way we play or rather because of the way our players are told to play. If we had the ability to close games out we could and should have had 4 more drawn games away from home and we should have beaten Burnley at home.

I watched Celtic v Rangers today and after a hour Lennon made the decision to take what they had and he put 2 players (Ledley and Ki Sueng Yueng) sat in front of their back 4 and they hardly went over the halfway line. Yesterday even after we got the game back to 1-1 we had Forest breaking on us at onetime 3 against one, it's pathetic and I blame the man responsible for organising the team. A point yesterday would have been a good result and we had it for the taking, it could of been better but losing was the last thing we needed.

Afterwards when asked if he thought we could have been more disciplined in our defending DJ said discilpline had nothing to do with it. Well let me tell you QPR are disciplined and each and everyone of their players knows, understands and believes in their system of play.

Thats the difference between the teams, Warnock and DJ, so when Carl says we have an easier run in than others IMO it would be even easier if we had the Warnock menatality organising the team.

We don't and there in lies the biggest concern of all. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:30 pm

If we couldn't beat Preston, Palace and Sheffield Utd at home, we aren't guaranteed to beat them away. No easy games but I would rather be playing these teams than the top ones. Believe Palace haven't conceded at Selhurst Pk for an age.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:34 pm

castleblue wrote:

Cardiff games

We make things hard for ourselves Annis because of the way we play or rather because of the way our players are told to play. If we had the ability to close games out we could and should have had 4 more drawn games away from home and we should have beaten Burnley at home.

I watched Celtic v Rangers today and after a hour Lennon made the decision to take what they had and he put 2 players (Ledley and Ki Sueng Yueng) sat in front of their back 4 and they hardly went over the halfway line. Yesterday even after we got the game back to 1-1 we had Forest breaking on us at onetime 3 against one, it's pathetic and I blame the man responsible for organising the team. A point yesterday would have been a good result and we had it for the taking, it could of been better but losing was the last thing we needed.

Afterwards when asked if he thought we could have been more disciplined in our defending DJ said discilpline had nothing to do with it. Well let me tell you QPR are disciplined and each and everyone of their players knows, understands and believes in their system of play.

Thats the difference between the teams, Warnock and DJ, so when Carl says we have an easier run in than others IMO it would be even easier if we had the Warnock menatality organising the team.

We don't and there in lies the biggest concern of all. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Spot on :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:38 pm

I don't think any game can be taken for granted in this league, because on their day most teams can beat anyone, especially when teams are weakened by suspensions and injuries.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:55 pm

Cardiff games

All winnable especially Preston and Sheff U away this year..........

Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:05 pm

I have to be honest , every game I have seen or read about over here is difficult in this division for some teams and unfortunately that includes the City ............ so to look at run-ins and fixtures hmmmmm, every f***ing game is a "cup final" from today until May !!!!

Enjoy the ride if your heart will take it :)

:old:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:30 pm

So would you really rather we play Leeds, Reading, Norwich, Jacks, Forest, Leicester. Hull like we have in Jan/Feb :roll:

Carl is spot on, on the face of it once Hull is out of the way the run in is easier. whether that turns out to be the case is another matter :roll:

One thing is for sure; we have to stop this knee jerk blood letting every time we don't get a result that we wanted. Time to stick together and stay with this squad and manager because they're all we've got now :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I think it will be us and Forest top 2, QPR are due a dip whereas we could easily have won yesterday if Camp hadn't been there :roll: :lol:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:02 pm

What does it mean that we will be ok. Is that ok for the playoffs or ok for automatic promotion? The playoffs yes but automatic no.
It does not matter how easy we perceive our run in. Scunthorpe have already proven that anyone can beat anyone.If I were a Forest fan I would be saying the same,unbeaten at home and unlikely to lose for the rest of the season and 1 point clear of us with a game in hand.Or QPR being 6 points clear of us and a far superior goal diff.Do you think we will win more home games than Forest? I would not bet on it.The reality is that we can only hope now as most of it is out of our hands and we have to wait for the misfortune to strike other clubs. Carl may or may not be correct but given our current form (and we have no excuses as we have had more or less a full strength squad) it is doubtfull that we can even guarantee the playoffs.There are no guarantees at this moment but things will be clearer in about a months time.I can guarantee one thing and that is if we continue our current form then we can Kiss goodbye to automatic promotion and as for an easy run in ...well, there is no such thing.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:13 am

No easy games in this league. Carl you are begining to panic because you have backed Jones all the way :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:51 am

THere is NO easy run in! maybe it would be the case if we see off the bottom clubs but we cant even at home.
The bottom clubs will be fighting for there lives and the mid table teams will all be fighting to get into the play offs.
Sorry Carl dont agreee.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:30 pm

Cardiff games

totaly agree mate but we always make it hard for ourslves

Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:44 am

Carl Speak up :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: