Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Update from the some of the lads away "

Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:24 pm

Stop reading if you are not interested this is an update from Hewell prison Worcester for people who care about the lads who are locked up and their families.

My son rung this morning, he is still sharing with Steven from Bridgend but they have been moved together to another part of the prison, they are not with the others now but think they will all be moved over to this area shortly...there are some other Welsh lads there though and its not a bad section to be in...

I also heard from Joshs dad from Treorchi who told me that Josh and Shane are in Block 8 at Hewell grange which I believe maybe a D catergory dormitory section of the jail, (open part of the prison) a place all our lads should eventually arrive at...good news for Josh, who had 6 months and another 6 months concurrent sentences for two counts of affray...he has a release date of mid March...his total 12 months was reduced to 6 because of the early guilty plea, not sure when Shane has a release date, my boy is ue out on June 5th.

This prison is a cat B,C,D...There are no sex offenders, arsonists or really serious criminals housed there the Cat B are classed as Prisoners for whom the very highest conditions of security are not necessary, but for whom escape must be made very
difficult. Whereas cat C where most of the lads are housed is classed as Prisoners who cannot be trusted in open conditions, but who do not have the resources and will to make a determined escape attempt.Like I said earlier Catergory D where the lads may all end up is classed as Prisoners who can be reasonably trusted in open conditions.

Visiting orders are proving awkward at the moment with most of the lads having admin problems getting them sorted however we get about 7 or 8 short phone calls every week

Thanks for the continued support we all appreciate it, hope nobody minds these updates, just want to keep the lads in everyones thoughts

Corky

Re: " Update from the some of the lads away "

Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:27 pm

Thanks Corky and Good to hear they are holding up well and even better that they will be out earlier than thought :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:05 pm

Good news again Cork,

Continue with the updates mate, Im sure everybody is interested in how they are doing. :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:32 pm

Good to read the boys are OK & that after the headline sentences, that now the dust is settling, earlier than thought release dates given. Keep the updates coming, its a reminder & and an education to all. Cheers :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:55 pm

Cheers corky, I'm sure all city fans (excluding some of our holier than thou GOD SQUAD) are interested in the well being of the lads, keep the updates going :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:35 pm

Hi

Its Stefs Mum, by the way he has called me a 'tit' for loggin in as that, can you believe it!!! I did try to explain that nobody would know who I was if I logged in as Taryn. I think he has forgiven me and I hope to go into early retirement to match their early release dates. I think he hopes that I do too.

Just arrived back from a visit (no visiting order though, had to beg via e-mail) so they had better get their act together up there. For god sake how difficult can it be. Stefan and Nathan have been moved to block 1, he says Corky and Steven have moved to block 3, not sure if the others are still on block 2 awaiting to move also. Stefan says he is doing okay as are all the boys and I just hope they are home asap, even earlier than the dates they have been given.

PS: What happened yesterday 2 - 1, tut tut tut.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:39 pm

Stefs Mum wrote:Hi

Its Stefs Mum, by the way he has called me a 'tit' for loggin in as that, can you believe it!!! I did try to explain that nobody would know who I was if I logged in as Taryn. I think he has forgiven me and I hope to go into early retirement to match their early release dates. I think he hopes that I do too.

Just arrived back from a visit (no visiting order though, had to beg via e-mail) so they had better get their act together up there. For god sake how difficult can it be. Stefan and Nathan have been moved to block 1, he says Corky and Steven have moved to block 3, not sure if the others are still on block 2 awaiting to move also. Stefan says he is doing okay as are all the boys and I just hope they are home asap, even earlier than the dates they have been given.

PS: What happened yesterday 2 - 1, tut tut tut.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I will be writing to Stef this week :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:29 pm

tell him we are all behind them and counting down to when they get out

Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:38 pm

does anybody know how sam johnson and paul ohara are doing ?

Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:35 pm

I dont know any of the lads personally but its glad too see there ok

hoepfully the time will pass by so they can be home with familes like they deverse it be

thanks for the update

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:19 pm

Hello
I dont know any of the boys but have heard about the whole thing, obviously only bits etc but please pass on my best wishes and hope they cope well with how they now find themselves. Soon be time for them to come home again, even though it may seem endless to the families.
love to everybody concerned.
xx

Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:32 pm

great to hear that the lads are okay keep the updates coming :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:18 pm

Appreciate the updates, even though ive not met your son and the other boys, we are all city. End of. Do the ayatollah worcester! whatever life throws at you it makes you stronger. keep your chin up lads, youve got genuine city supporters behind you.... June will be here before you know it. :ayatollah: be safe

Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:34 pm

Thanks for keeping us updated Corky

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:10 pm

thanks for the update , nice to see, how the boys are getting on, :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:24 pm

Does anyone know where Connolly from ystrad rhondda is....i would like to sent him a letter etc...much appreciated if someone has his prison no etc...cheers..!!.. :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:17 pm

Cheers corky , Shane (Shakey) release date March 21st.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:29 pm

I think most of the lads are in Hewell including the ones mentioned in this thread, I will try to find out though about everyone and try to update, or if anyone can also find out stuff perhaps they could do the same...my son did say there were about 15 City fans there with him and all were doing ok. Shane getting out in March makes sense why him and Josh are in the open part of the prison...sooner the better for all of them.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:17 am

Connelly can be contacted at the address below ..... ;)
CONNELLY A2490CA
HMP Hewell
Hewell Lane
Redditch
Worcestershire.
B97 6QS

Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:38 am

Good luck to your Son and all the other boys locked up at the moment keep the updates coming and let's hope that when your Son comes out in June that City are in the Premiership i'm sure that would be a fantastic boost for all the boys currently locked up :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:57 am

Keep the updates coming, it's good to know they are doing well and are mostly together, which always helps.
:ayatollah:

Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:26 pm

Good luck to all the lads. Dont know any of them personally but anyone with half a brain knows it's a travesty they were imprisoned :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:09 pm

Fatal Addiction wrote:Connelly can be contacted at the address below ..... ;)
CONNELLY A2490CA
HMP Hewell
Hewell Lane
Redditch
Worcestershire.
B97 6QS

Cheers for that...im going o drop him a line straight away.... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Connely is a goodun...one of the best.... :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:51 pm

Without doubt! He'll appreciate that.....He's doing fine but the boredoms a killer,visiting him Wednesday I'll let him know folk been asking ,nice one ;)

Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:42 pm

Cheers Corky,

Glad to hear that they are doing OK given the travesty of justice they have experienced. Please give them all my best and lets hope they keep their chins up.

Delighted with the update please keep us informed.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:59 pm

KEEP US ALL POSTED :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: