Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " WHERE DID WE GO WRONG ? " Sent from A British Pension

Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:25 pm

I'm sorry, but you CANNOT put refugees and illegal immigrants into the same category.

I agree that there is a problem with British people not getting some jobs, but that is more down to British people being LAZY and not wanting to do the hard low paid jobs, that the poles and others are more than happy to do.

Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:32 pm

WelshBluebird wrote:I'm sorry, but you CANNOT put refugees and illegal immigrants into the same category.

I agree that there is a problem with British people not getting some jobs, but that is more down to British people being LAZY and not wanting to do the hard low paid jobs, that the poles and others are more than happy to do.

Funny you should say that, my company employs a lot of Poles, one of my warehouse managers told me that he hadn't met a British worker yet who would graft the way these guys do. They come over, work their asses off, first in, last to leave, first to volunteer for overtime, earn their money in order to go back to Poland and buy a house with the cash they'd earned.

Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:00 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:Where are these figures from?

I'm not saying they're wrong for a second, but there's a lot of variables in there that haven't been addressed at all.

Some of "our own" - who are they by the way? - don't deserve help, we've got some real scum crawling our streets.

Sweeping generalisations will do nobody any good. :?

and what of the many millions that like my old man who paid national insurance all his working life,except when we went to south africa for 2 years,is what he gets a fair return,it seems that there is no difference to what contribution a person makes,

Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:13 pm

Most people on this forum seem to be angry at the government for their mediocre payments to pensioners, Its all good blaming government for pension payments , but the bigger picture tells me that 150pounds a week 2 yrs ago would have covered bills and still had change left to go out on weekend :P Imo its corporation greed that put these pensioners into the poorest brackets of society today... gas.electricity.food,insurance, how have bill prices extortionately risen from back then ? inflation doesn"t suggest this should have happened, smaller companies didnt put up wholesale costs to corps ??

dam greedy corps make the mess, then government takes the flack from the ever rising anger from the people of the UK , we vote the government out then then the corps elect/sponsor there next minister in :) cynical I know but very true imo

IF the government had a spine or grew some balls and told corps too start behaving properly and stop over pricing goods , and informed corps of heavy fines or big tax duty for overcharge and made them listen, then there wouldnt be such an issue from pensioners about this topic - but we all know that corps put politicians into there cosy potitions of power to protect only their interests and nothing will change :(

Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:21 pm

This newspaper report has the figures - £35 a week (recently reduced). The report is 2 years old now, but can't imagine it's changed much since. I agree, this post should be taken down.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 64684.html

Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:24 pm

I will agree that there are too many free loaders in this country but they are mostly british.

We are a lazy bunch and there are far too many people who think they are better off on the dole than working when it is not the case. Foreigners come over and do the jobs that our lazy shysters cant be bothered to do or think that that job is beneath them.

If I upset anyone with these comments, I really dont care. Its the truth.

Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:47 pm

To all posters who have posted on this subject, can I just say I respect your opinions but we'll have to agree to disagree on some of the following Issues. :ayatollah:

Some think this thread has BNP Connotations - oh come on, sweeping generalisations spring to mind.

Some think the British are Lazy - Some are, we have some right lazy people here and I for one think anyone claiming dole money and who are active (and lets be honest, a lot of people take the piss and simply don't wan't to work through sheer bone Idleness) should be made to do some sort of community work to earn the benefits. But on the other toss of the coin why are we as British Taxpayers subsidising Immigrants who claim political asylum to have multi million pound homes, benefits, cars and NEVER paid a penny into the pot, whilst our War heroes get virtually nothing in Comparison :twisted:

Some think the Polish are better workers than us - Absolute complete bollocks...I've first hand experience of managing a group of Polish men and they were very friendly and worked hard to begin with, but they only work here to gain the money to send back home (don't have a problem with that), the taxes they do pay are more or less given back to them as they can claim benefits for family who live back in Poland (yeah, that's right, taxpaying money is being sent to families of various European Countries for people who have never set a foot on UK soil).
The reason Employers employ the Polish isn't because they are better workers than the British, It's because they are cheaper.

I enjoy a good debate. :D :ayatollah: