Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" MY STATISTICS AND OPINION UPDATE "

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:09 pm

This is the group of fixtures of Forrest, Cardiff, Norwich and Leicester which i think can define our season if you look closey.

FORESTS NICE LITTLE RUN OF GAMES :lol:

Saturday, 19 March 2011
Swansea v Nott'm Forest, 15:00

Saturday, 2 April 2011
Leeds v Nott'm Forest, 12:45

Saturday, 9 April 2011
Nott'm Forest v Reading, 15:00

Tuesday, 12 April 2011
Nott'm Forest v Burnley, 19:45

Friday, 15 April 2011
Norwich v Nott'm Forest, 19:45

Friday, 22 April 2011
Nott'm Forest v Leicester, 17:15

Looking at that, they have a group of massive fixtures which i think with there small squad, being at the latter stage of the season, will struggle and fail to make a major impact in every game

COMPARED TO CITY'S NICE LITTLE RUN OF GAMES ;)

Tuesday, 8 March 2011
Crystal Palace v Cardiff, 20:00

Sunday, 13 March 2011
Cardiff v Barnsley, 15:00

Saturday, 19 March 2011
Millwall v Cardiff, 15:00

Saturday, 2 April 2011
Cardiff v Derby, 15:00

Saturday, 9 April 2011
Doncaster v Cardiff, 15:00

Tuesday, 12 April 2011
Sheff Utd v Cardiff, 19:45

Saturday, 16 April 2011
Cardiff v Portsmouth, 15:00

On paper, this is a fantastic group of fixtures for us, exept for milwall, none of the teams are competing for top 6 if not top 10. This is when i feel we can shine and show our potentional and boast our big squad. :P :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

TAKE A LOOK AT NORWICH'S RUN OF GAMES ASWELL

Tuesday, 8 March 2011
Leicester v Norwich, 19:45

Monday, 14 March 2011
Norwich v Bristol City, 19:45

Saturday, 19 March 2011
Hull v Norwich, 15:00

Saturday, 2 April 2011
Norwich v Scunthorpe, 15:00 :roll:

Saturday, 9 April 2011
Swansea v Norwich, 17:20

Tuesday, 12 April 2011
Watford v Norwich, 19:45

Friday, 15 April 2011

Looking at these fixtures, Norwich have some tough games in this block such as Leicester, Hull, Swansea, Watford and Forrest.

A big dark horse though, that we need to watch out for is Leicester City these have come a long way under sven and have improved remarkably. With players like Ricardo, King, Yakubu, Vassell etc, they have no excuse not to get into the play off's.

They havnt got a big run of big club games but they have got big games coming up before the end of the season which i will show

Tuesday, 22 February 2011
Cardiff v Leicester, 19:45

Saturday, 5 March 2011
QPR v Leicester, 15:00

Tuesday, 8 March 2011

Saturday, 9 April 2011
Leicester v Burnley, 15:00

Saturday, 16 April 2011
Reading v Leicester, 15:00

Friday, 22 April 2011

Monday, 25 April 2011
Leicester v Watford, 15:00

They still have some massive fixtures left, so lets let them enjoy there little run and let them suffer latter in the season :ayatollah:

Just a brief note on QPR. They also dont have a block of big fixtures but they do have to play Leicester and Milwall before having a very tough finish whilst there last 4 games are against :-

Cardiff
Hull
Watford
Leeds

butt .. would they have achieved promotion by then??

We have the best fixtures in march and april, and we will shine then i guarentee it. :ayatollah: The teams around us are playing eachother whilst were playing many lower table teams. :ayatollah:

Noww.. onto form :lol:. Over the last 6 games, we are 5th on the form table.....P6, W3, D3, L0

On the form table :-
Leicester are 1st
Forrest 2nd
Ipswich 3rd
Hull 4th
Cardiff 5th----These 6 were Norwich, Watford, Reading, Swans, Scunthorpe and Burnley. And we took 12 points out of 18 ;)
QPR 6th
Leeds 7th
Burnley 8th
Norwich 9th
Swansea 10th

As you've noticed, Leicester are top of the form table by only dropping 2 points out of a possible 18.
Butt .. 5 teams that they have played out of them 6 is teams that we have to play in our little run of good 'on paper' results

Also ... this time last year overall in the table we were 6 points worse off than what we are this year, and last year we had the Newcastles and West broms which isnt here this season. This season is still wide open. :ayatollah:

LOOK CLOSELY FELLOW BLUEBIRDS. I HAVE SAID IT FOR A WHILE. IF WE CAN GET POINTS OUT OF FOREST AND LEICESTER. LOOK AT OUR RUN OF GAMES ON PAPER COMPARED TO FOREST, NORWICH AND ALSO LEICESTER . ITS VERY INTERESTING AND MOTIVATING FOR US :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

THIS IS WHEN WE CAN PEAK AND SHOW OUR POTENTIONAL :ayatollah:

ALL THE OTHER TOP 6/8 TEAMS, HAVE MANY GAMES TO PLAY EACHOTHER WHILST OURS ARE AGAINST BOTTOM TABLE CLUBS :ayatollah:

TEAMS WILL START TO FADE COME THE END OF THE SEASON DUE TO SMALL SQUADS. IE FOREST AND NORWICH ;)

but we have a massive squad which got the legs to remain the whole season :D

your probally a bit bored now but im trying to keep up the optimism up so

CMONN BLUEBIRDS
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: MY STATISTICS AND OPINION UPDATE

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:19 pm

Thanks mate some interestin stuff there even though you cant pick and choose easy games we definitly have a more favourable run in than the teams around us, we can hope :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:42 pm

fairplay that was interesting mate :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:45 pm

put me at ease a little bit :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
great post fella

Re: " MY STATISTICS AND OPINION UPDATE "

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:50 pm

fair play that interesting when you break it down like that :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:00 pm

glammy74 wrote:This is the group of fixtures of Forrest, Cardiff, Norwich and Leicester which i think can define our season if you look closey.

Saturday, 19 March 2011

Saturday, 2 April 2011

Saturday, 9 April 2011

Tuesday, 12 April 2011

Friday, 15 April 2011

Friday, 22 April 2011

Looking at that, they have a group of massive fixtures which i think with there small squad, being at the latter stage of the season, will struggle and fail to make a major impact in every game

Tuesday, 8 March 2011

Sunday, 13 March 2011

Saturday, 19 March 2011

Saturday, 2 April 2011

Saturday, 9 April 2011

Tuesday, 12 April 2011

Saturday, 16 April 2011

On paper, this is a fantastic group of fixtures for us, exept for milwall, none of the teams are competing for top 6 if not top 10. This is when i feel we can shine and show our potentional and boast our big squad. :P :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tuesday, 8 March 2011

Monday, 14 March 2011

Saturday, 19 March 2011

Saturday, 2 April 2011

Saturday, 9 April 2011

Tuesday, 12 April 2011

Friday, 15 April 2011

Looking at these fixtures, Norwich have some tough games in this block such as Leicester, Hull, Swansea, Watford and Forrest.

A big dark horse though, that we need to watch out for is Leicester City these have come a long way under sven and have improved remarkably. With players like Ricardo, King, Yakubu, Vassell etc, they have no excuse not to get into the play off's.

They havnt got a big run of big club games but they have got big games coming up before the end of the season which i will show

Saturday, 5 March 2011

Tuesday, 8 March 2011

Saturday, 9 April 2011

Saturday, 16 April 2011

Friday, 22 April 2011

Monday, 25 April 2011

They still have some massive fixtures left, so lets let them enjoy there little run and let them suffer latter in the season :ayatollah:

Just a brief note on QPR. They also dont have a block of big fixtures but they do have to play Leicester and Milwall before having a very tough finish whilst there last 4 games are against :-

Cardiff
Hull
Watford
Leeds

We have the best fixtures in march and april, and we will shine then i guarentee it. :ayatollah: The teams around us are playing eachother whilst were playing many lower table teams. :ayatollah:

Noww.. onto form :lol:. Over the last 6 games, we are 5th on the form table.....P6, W3, D3, L0

Leicester are 1st
Forrest 2nd
Ipswich 3rd
Hull 4th
Cardiff 5th----These 6 were Norwich, Watford, Reading, Swans, Scunthorpe and Burnley. And we took 12 points out of 18 ;)
QPR 6th
Leeds 7th
Burnley 8th
Norwich 9th
Swansea 10th

As you've noticed, Leicester are top of the form table by only dropping 2 points out of a possible 18.
Butt .. 5 teams that they have played out of them 6 is teams that we have to play in our little run of good 'on paper' results

Also ... this time last year overall in the table we were 6 points worse off than what we are this year, and last year we had the Newcastles and West broms which isnt here this season. This season is still wide open. :ayatollah:

LOOK CLOSELY FELLOW BLUEBIRDS. I HAVE SAID IT FOR A WHILE. IF WE CAN GET POINTS OUT OF FOREST AND LEICESTER. LOOK AT OUR RUN OF GAMES ON PAPER COMPARED TO FOREST, NORWICH AND ALSO LEICESTER . ITS VERY INTERESTING AND MOTIVATING FOR US :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

ALL THE OTHER TOP 6/8 TEAMS, HAVE MANY GAMES TO PLAY EACHOTHER WHILST OURS ARE AGAINST BOTTOM TABLE CLUBS :ayatollah:

TEAMS WILL START TO FADE COME THE END OF THE SEASON DUE TO SMALL SQUADS. IE FOREST AND NORWICH ;)

CMONN BLUEBIRDS

Glammy great write up and I totally agree with you, I have written something in the Echo that may be of interest to you :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:08 pm

Thanks for that update glammy :ayatollah: Forest have some real tough games towards the end of the season.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:11 pm

Glammy, I feel so much better now. We will go up!!!

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:13 pm

Cheers Glammy :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:14 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Thanks for that update glammy :ayatollah: Forest have some real tough games towards the end of the season.

They wont have the legs also, you've heard billy davies playing down the top 2, saying he will be happy with the playoffs.

my opinion is they will fall short of the top 2 because of tired legs and a small squad
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:52 pm

glammy74 wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:Thanks for that update glammy :ayatollah: Forest have some real tough games towards the end of the season.

They wont have the legs also, you've heard billy davies playing down the top 2, saying he will be happy with the playoffs.

my opinion is they will fall short of the top 2 because of tired legs and a small squad
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Looks like their legs are starting to go already glammy ;)

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:54 pm

good positive write up :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:06 pm

carlccfc wrote:
glammy74 wrote:This is the group of fixtures of Forrest, Cardiff, Norwich and Leicester which i think can define our season if you look closey.

Saturday, 19 March 2011

Saturday, 2 April 2011

Saturday, 9 April 2011

Tuesday, 12 April 2011

Friday, 15 April 2011

Friday, 22 April 2011

Tuesday, 8 March 2011

Sunday, 13 March 2011

Saturday, 19 March 2011

Saturday, 2 April 2011

Saturday, 9 April 2011

Tuesday, 12 April 2011

Saturday, 16 April 2011

Tuesday, 8 March 2011

Monday, 14 March 2011

Saturday, 19 March 2011

Saturday, 2 April 2011

Saturday, 9 April 2011

Tuesday, 12 April 2011

Friday, 15 April 2011

Saturday, 5 March 2011

Tuesday, 8 March 2011

Saturday, 9 April 2011

Saturday, 16 April 2011

Friday, 22 April 2011

Monday, 25 April 2011

Cardiff
Hull
Watford
Leeds

Leicester are 1st
Forrest 2nd
Ipswich 3rd
Hull 4th
QPR 6th
Leeds 7th
Burnley 8th
Norwich 9th
Swansea 10th

CMONN BLUEBIRDS

Glammy great write up and I totally agree with you, I have written something in the Echo that may be of interest to you :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yeah, cheers carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:15 pm

Very interesting. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:14 pm

Great result for us tonight :ayatollah:

Nice positive post too 8-)

Bring on Forest Glammy :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:14 pm

Nice little post there glammy

Come on cityyy :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:24 am

Great post :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:23 am

Excellent read - lets support the boys and get behind the squad - this is our season :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:08 am

Our fate is very much in our own hands, we could still win it

Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:14 pm

Great analysis mate

I don't want to put a dampener on the feeling of optimism that you've given to us all,but just look at Scunny's result last night.
Anybody can beat anybody in this league.
We've got 15 cup finals to go.Let's keep our nerve,treat everyone with respect and take it one game at a time.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:57 pm

good post mate makes interesting read shows we have excellent chance for top 2 finnish :old:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:13 pm

Yes, it looks good on paper, but, the points still needs to be won .SCUNTHORPE bottom 1 Forrest 0 so lets not get complacent, remember Barnsley last season!!!, I am not being negative but realistic , Millwall would love to beat us.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:17 pm

DannyBluebird wrote:Great result for us tonight :ayatollah:

Nice positive post too 8-)

Bring on Forest Glammy :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Indeed :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:19 pm

jammsy 1927 wrote:Yes, it looks good on paper, but, the points still needs to be won .SCUNTHORPE bottom 1 Forrest 0 so lets not get complacent, remember Barnsley last season!!!, I am not being negative but realistic , Millwall would love to beat us.

Everyone knows how open this league is, but on paper we have a favourtable run in.

i think id rather have our fixtures than forest's anyway :lol:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:40 am

glammy74 wrote:
jammsy 1927 wrote:Yes, it looks good on paper, but, the points still needs to be won .SCUNTHORPE bottom 1 Forrest 0 so lets not get complacent, remember Barnsley last season!!!, I am not being negative but realistic , Millwall would love to beat us.

Everyone knows how open this league is, but on paper we have a favourtable run in.

i think id rather have our fixtures than forest's anyway :lol:

Nice post mate, I have been trying to make the same point for weeks, everyone looks at the last two weeks results rather than looking at the bigger picture.

If we win two in a row we are going to piss the League and it's how many tickets can we can get for Man U, if we lose two in a row DJ's a c%&% and why don't we get Houghton or Allardyce in !!!

I am positive we will finish top two, but there will be some bad results during the run in.

No game is easy from now on, Scunny and Preston and teams at the bottom will get freak results as they fight for their lives, we just have to get behind them and help them through the last stretch.........

We will do this
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:03 am

With the squad we have, if and its a BIG IF. the players, management and also us the fans give everything between now and the end of the season we will be promoted.

If not who knows what will happen next year???

Personally, as long as everyone stays calm, and to use that well known saying we take one game at a time and definately not panick when we get a bad result I think this will be our year.

Its going to be a rollercoaster ride for the next 3 months. Enjoy :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:10 pm

That is inspiring statistics, considering what we have a head in the next 3 months ;)

CMON BLUEBIRDS!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:09 pm

lestas looks a tough one :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:52 pm

Cheers for the replies

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:00 am

Thanks Glammy, was on a downer after forest game, but I wish all the players and fans could read your post and now get behind the team, we can do it with our classy squad. Bluuue birrrrrds. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: