Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WAS ANYONE ON HERE A MOD/SKINHEAD/PUNK or CASUAL IN THE 80's

Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:25 pm

WAS ANYONE ON HERE A MOD/SKINHEAD/PUNK or CASUAL in the 80's ?

Casual for me, Running the Mods in Barry Island/Porthcawl/Transport Cafe and Pontypridd :lol: :lol:

I forgot and in Hartlepool 2 hrs before City played there :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: WAS ANYONE ON HERE A MOD/SKINHEAD/PUNK or CASUAL IN THE 80's

Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:40 pm

Yes all 3 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :oops:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:40 pm

Does being a baby count as a skin head? If so, yes, yes I was! :D

Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:43 pm

2/3 didnt do the skinhead

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:06 pm

MOD and I was as fast as Carl Lewis in my bowling shoes... :lol:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:33 pm

rocker :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:35 pm

hippy lol

Casual - cardif u-5,s

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:35 pm

skinhead in the early 80s, can remember going to barry and porthcawl on bank holidays, also having fun with the park view ponty mods and taffs well mods. happy days :old:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:56 pm

Rude Boy 8-) Was big into 2 Tone SKA, they were the days top Rank :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:09 pm

yes have to admit it :lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHDBn7TL4JM

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:17 pm

I was a long hair hippie in the 60s

Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:13 pm

My dad likes to think he was a mod...
but I wasn't even conceived in the 80s, missed out big time!

Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:21 pm

Mod here and i remember us valley mods running cardiff casuals all over barry.REMEMBER THAT ANNIS :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:05 pm

i was a rocker dude a greaser harleys rule ok lol..good old days and b4 you say it yes i had long hair then but times were good back then with the mod revival our place in the summer was the knights arms poofcawl a rite heavy pub big ken owned it at the time a rite nutter lol..good post this annis..

Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:53 am

andy 189 wrote:i was a rocker dude a greaser harleys rule ok lol..good old days and b4 you say it yes i had long hair then but times were good back then with the mod revival our place in the summer was the knights arms poofcawl a rite heavy pub big ken owned it at the time a rite nutter lol..good post this annis..

Andy, I forgot to mention Rockers and there were many of them in the 80's as well. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:10 am

I look like metalist, but into punk and metal, drank in Angel taven, model inn & GWR with the Scooter/skins boys.
When clubbing to Bogiez and Square club.. Happy Daze.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:28 am

I was a Bay City Roller in the 70's ... does that count lmao :oops:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:47 am

I was a trendy/casual, bank holiday down Barry Island was awesome! Used to have quite a few scuffles locally as well as there were a few mods on my estate - they dressed in their green fishtail jackets and some even sported rats tails. :o

I also remember the long haul to Hartlepool.......did the journey in the back of a transit van. We were totally legless by the time we got up there, bought loads of booze in Asda's opposite(I think) for the journey home. :oops:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:57 am

Northern soul for me.......Wigan, Top of the world Stafford, 100 Club......and the glorious nights at the Mannor Suite Porthcawl.....the original Soul Crew. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:52 am

abbie wrote:I was a Bay City Roller in the 70's ... does that count lmao :oops:

Only if you had a wrangler jacket with tartan on the collar, and a scarf of course :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:56 am

Punk/skinhead late 70's, got caught up in trouble late 79 & after that steered clear of it!

Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:35 am

Forever Blue wrote:WAS ANYONE ON HERE A MOD/SKINHEAD/PUNK or CASUAL in the 80's ?

Casual for me, Running the Mods in Barry Island/Porthcawl/Transport Cafe and Pontypridd :lol: :lol:

I forgot and in Hartlepool 2 hrs before City played there :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Annis, I know we've had quite a bit of banter relating to Mods/ casuals (little c) :lol: But honestly I don't know where you get this running Mods from, I honestly don't. I have never known any Mod/Scooter Boy/Soul Boy get chased by a casual.
I was in the bar at Ninian Park having a pint following Jeff Richards funeral and I was talking to a very good friend of yours Annis, who was a former member of the Cougars scooter club. We were having laugh about the odd memory and some of the old faces that used to hang out in Ponty and I told him of the banter I was having with you. After looking a bit confused, his words were long the lines of "I'd like to know what drugs Annis was on, I wouldn't mind some of those myself" :lol: You know who I'm talking about, when you see him next ask him. :lol:

In fact the only memory I have of casuals was that they were quite friendly towards us. I remember going on a packed train down to Barry. At this point can I just say that I was never a member of the Cougars but I used to go to the same places because I was in another "less violent" :lol: scooter club and we were interested in the same sort of venues. The Cougars were obsessed with hunting skinheads or bone heads as they called them. I was obsessed with hunting girls, simples!

Anyway this train was half full of Scooter Boys/Soul Boys and half full of casuals. Both sets were "bone head hunting". Again without naming names, this one lad (who shares his name with a well known food warehouse on Leckwith) walks up to this casual and asked him very politely if he could borrow his baseball bat that he was holding. The Casual gave him the bat, he then walked over to the window, and as the train was leaving the platform, there were these boneheads standing on the end of the platform, he wrapped the bat around the head of one of them. He then wiped the bat and handed it nicely back to the casual followed by a "thank you very much kind sir". Everyone was just pissing themselves.

At Barry there were literally thousands of boneheads and they were just wondering around aimlessly in one mass group, with a hand full of coppers herding them. I don't know what the casuals were doing but the Cougars were picking them off. Each one was like he was collecting scalps to compare with the others after.
I just wanted to get to this particular pub where I knew a few lovely ladies would be, so I decided to go there with a mate who had only recently joined the Cougars. Up until that point he was the type of lad who you would get to do your homework for you, but over night he turned in to a nutter, just by joining. We'd be walking along talking about stuff and he'd go, hang on a minute, he'd then beat the shit out of a bone head we'd just passed, and then carry on walking and talking where we left off. I said to him, you do realise you just beat the shit out of that bone head don't you?

Like I said that's my only memory of casuals really. We used to hang out in the Ocean Club down the docks, which by the way was the only place where there was never any trouble believe it or not. They used to have some top bands playing there and a well known motorbike club used to hang out there as well. No casuals though.

We used to go to a lot of Soul Nights, where things used to kick off now and again but I don't think there were any casuals involved. Obviously Soul Nights were our favoured hang out.

Anyway Annis, back to my point, I'm with your very good friend, I'll have a tab of what you were taking, because we never run from anyone "EVER", least of all Boris bloody Becker!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:32 pm

I was into Punk music but I wasn't one of those who had a red Mohican and a safety pin through the nose.

Loved all the venues over South Wales and saw loads of bands during the late 1970’s usually trouble free although it was always different when we went over to Bristol, when all hell would break loose.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:42 pm

I had a skin head in 1969 when Slade started.
I remember going to Chelsea.It was full of skinheads .
The funny bit was they were all cueing for under 16s half price so I
joined in.
I was stood by this skinhead with a huge bent nose-ugly b*stard.
Funny thing my old man went nuts when I came home with a
skinhead haircut.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:59 pm

Berwyn wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:WAS ANYONE ON HERE A MOD/SKINHEAD/PUNK or CASUAL in the 80's ?

Annis, I know we've had quite a bit of banter relating to Mods/ casuals (little c) :lol: But honestly I don't know where you get this running Mods from, I honestly don't. I have never known any Mod/Scooter Boy/Soul Boy get chased by a casual.
I was in the bar at Ninian Park having a pint following Jeff Richards funeral and I was talking to a very good friend of yours Annis, who was a former member of the Cougars scooter club. We were having laugh about the odd memory and some of the old faces that used to hang out in Ponty and I told him of the banter I was having with you. After looking a bit confused, his words were long the lines of "I'd like to know what drugs Annis was on, I wouldn't mind some of those myself" :lol: You know who I'm talking about, when you see him next ask him. :lol:

In fact the only memory I have of casuals was that they were quite friendly towards us. I remember going on a packed train down to Barry. At this point can I just say that I was never a member of the Cougars but I used to go to the same places because I was in another "less violent" :lol: scooter club and we were interested in the same sort of venues. The Cougars were obsessed with hunting skinheads or bone heads as they called them. I was obsessed with hunting girls, simples!

Anyway this train was half full of Scooter Boys/Soul Boys and half full of casuals. Both sets were "bone head hunting". Again without naming names, this one lad (who shares his name with a well known food warehouse on Leckwith) walks up to this casual and asked him very politely if he could borrow his baseball bat that he was holding. The Casual gave him the bat, he then walked over to the window, and as the train was leaving the platform, there were these boneheads standing on the end of the platform, he wrapped the bat around the head of one of them. He then wiped the bat and handed it nicely back to the casual followed by a "thank you very much kind sir". Everyone was just pissing themselves.

At Barry there were literally thousands of boneheads and they were just wondering around aimlessly in one mass group, with a hand full of coppers herding them. I don't know what the casuals were doing but the Cougars were picking them off. Each one was like he was collecting scalps to compare with the others after.
I just wanted to get to this particular pub where I knew a few lovely ladies would be, so I decided to go there with a mate who had only recently joined the Cougars. Up until that point he was the type of lad who you would get to do your homework for you, but over night he turned in to a nutter, just by joining. We'd be walking along talking about stuff and he'd go, hang on a minute, he'd then beat the shit out of a bone head we'd just passed, and then carry on walking and talking where we left off. I said to him, you do realise you just beat the shit out of that bone head don't you?

Like I said that's my only memory of casuals really. We used to hang out in the Ocean Club down the docks, which by the way was the only place where there was never any trouble believe it or not. They used to have some top bands playing there and a well known motorbike club used to hang out there as well. No casuals though.

We used to go to a lot of Soul Nights, where things used to kick off now and again but I don't think there were any casuals involved. Obviously Soul Nights were our favoured hang out.

Anyway Annis, back to my point, I'm with your very good friend, I'll have a tab of what you were taking, because we never run from anyone "EVER", least of all Boris bloody Becker!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I LOVE IT Berwyn, I knew I would get you on here :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

There is another Mod/Scooter lad like you Richard works with Ely Trendie, He still maintains that the Mods were Never run as well.
I forgot we also use to run them through Whitchurch Village on a Thursday night :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I enjoyed reading your memories and look forward to our banter in the future, like we have done for years. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Rem I cant rem who really was a Mod as I only ever saw the backs of them :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Berwyn wrote:

I LOVE IT Berwyn, I knew I would get you on here :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

There is another Mod/Scooter lad like you Richard works with Ely Trendie, He still maintains that the Mods were Never run as well.
I forgot we also use to run them through Whitchurch Village on a Thursday night :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I enjoyed reading your memories and look forward to our banter in the future, like we have done for years. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Rem I cant rem who really was a Mod as I only ever saw the backs of them :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Hang on now Butt, that "only ever saw the backs of them" was my joke. I had you on it when you were down NP. When you turned to walk out the room I said "oh Annis I recognise you now you've turned your back" :lol:

I don't know what went on at Whitchurch Village but I will say that, like most people, if I was in Whitchurch Village and it was after dark then chances are I'd be running. :D

Also, Richard works with Ely Trendie, he can't remember it either? I'm not at all suprised since it never happened. Annis, where did you get your magic muchrooms from? Because the ones that grow up this way make you see things that are not really happenning. :lol: :lol:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:51 pm

Mod :lol: :lol: if my kids could see the clobber i wore then :o :roll:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:54 pm

i lived in ely in the early 80s was a biker with the outlaws mc good old days :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:14 pm

Skinhead then mod then casual! :ayatollah:

went to barry Island on may day

Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:14 pm

I was into punk music late 70s early 80s, can anyone remember that shop opposite caroline street, called "paradise garage"?
It was shocking pink, and sold punk gear and music... 79-80 maybe.. very close to the phillamonic?? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: