Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" MONDAYS ' CARDIFF CITY YOUNG GUNS FUND ' MEETING "

Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:41 pm

" CARDIFF CITY YOUNG GUNS FUND "

Monday's Meeting

Clive (Ridofrid) and my good self attended a meeting as representatives of this forum and the Scott’s Young Guns scheme.
The meeting was held at the stadium on Valentine’s day, other romantic minded members of our little group chose to play the doting husband (me I just took my wife to the meeting and bought her a MacDonald’s) lol. But we fully understand and Carl and Annis needed some brownie points after the amount of time they have put into things.

Scott Young was there along with two of his coaches and Phill Alleragay who deals with charity events such as bucket collection held at the ground.

We finalised some details and set others in progress and I will try and list from memory the points covered.
Firstly we have planned a bucket collection at the ground on the 23rd of April which is the " QPR Home Game ". The buckets will be manned by 30 young volunteers from the grass roots youth set up that Scott looks after.
We plan to have the youngsters working in groups of 4 with at least two adults over seeing each group. These will be placed inside the stadium behind the turnstiles at each entrance.

We are planning to get the kids supplied and wearing white shirts with the Scott’s Young Gun logo on the front and high vis. We are also looking to have two of each group holding placards again for high vis.Ideas so far is on one saying give a quid help a kid and help me be the next Aaron Ramsey and the other with the Scott’s Young Guns, ”Shooting for the TOP”, but we are open to suggestions.
We have also set up to purchase a 1,000 of the rubber friendship bands in blue, with CCFC and the Scott’s Young Guns logo. These will be sold alongside the bucket collections.

We are also on the lookout for some sponsorship to supply the buckets and also the tee shirts for the kids on the day.
Also on another positive Half Time Wayne is coming on board to help us raise funding, and he is in the process of setting up a replica interview background like they use when interviewing Dave Jones and the like. Now the plan is people can have their photograph taken with this background whilst holding the FA cup exact replica which the club now as. These photos can be printed on the spot and purchased with our without a frame and all profits going to the funding of this scheme.
We are going to approach the club and ask them to e mail everyone on the data base and send them the flyer we have produced asking for donations thru a standing order format with all the details of the account we are using. The club kindly gave the scheme an advert in the Reading Programme and hopefully we can get one in again at a later date.
The regular bucket collections that take place in the Ninian pub before every home game will continue for the foreseeable future and to date they have been very successful and raised several hundred pounds, big thanks to all involved.
Also the forum away coach which is now two coaches most games also does a fund raising raffle and this is also binging in much needed funds for this cause. Again a big up for all involved.

A lot of you have now set up standing orders and others have given donations and I would like to thank you all for your support and generosity to this good cause, but we still need more to do the same and keep this appeal rolling. If we all just gave £1 a month that would make a hell of a difference and keep the appeal rolling.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sort Code:- 09-01-27
Account No. 85932151

Come on boys we can make a difference to young kids lives.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

And finally another thing we have looked at is the Scott’s Young Guns road show. We plan to visit several locations in the catchment area and have a social get together. Scott will bring a few ex players to each event and people like Jason Perry, Gilo, Nathan Blake, Roger Gibbins, Cohen Griffiths, Phill Dwyer to name but a few are to be invited.
The club are putting a DVD together showing highlights with clips involving some of the players and that fluke of a goal Scott bundled in against Leeds (yes you beauty) this will last for 40 minutes or so and then we’ll have a small presentation explaining the aims and targets the scheme as set. And to finish we will have a question and answer session with the players who are there that night.

The first night we plan to run this road show is the 22nd, this is the Friday before the QPR game, so hopefully we can start the build up early for this game and get well into the mood.
I would like to finish by saying everyone involved as been fully supportive of our aims, Scott and his young team are so pleased to see some recognition for what they do and support such as this from the fans means the world to them.
We can all help in our own little way to find the next Aaron Ramsey, this scheme will take on kids from 5 years old upwards and those with potential to rise to the top will be in the right hands to encourage and develop to their full potential. Those that aren’t likely to make it to the very top can still stay under the umbrella at the suitable level and improve to a better level over a period of time.

There are so many benefits to this scheme, the club and our Academy will benefit from having the pick of more and better prepared kids in the area. The kids themselves should hopefully develop into more rounded kids rather than x box vegetables or street corner hoodie types, we all know as adults how important a part sport can play in helping kids keep out of trouble and we should encourage them to take part as much as we can.
Well from small acorns grow a lot of big oak trees and all of us involved are helping to plant a few acorns, thanks for your continued support.

The future is bright and it’s blue and white.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " MONDAYS YOUNG GUNS MEETING "

Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:45 pm

Good stuff mate, it really is a worthwhile initiative and everyone should try to support it if they can.

Re: " MONDAYS YOUNG GUNS MEETING "

Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:46 pm

Thankyou Gwyn and Clive :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

With the Help of many of This Forums Members We can Help Our Future Cardiff City Kids :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

" THEY ARE CARDIFF CITY'S FUTURE " :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " MONDAYS ' YOUNG GUNS ' MEETING "

Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:54 pm

Excellent :ayatollah: :ayatollah: ...Cheers Gwyn. Amazing effort by everyone Involved. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:54 pm

Thanks for the update :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:12 pm

BigGwynram wrote:A lot of you have now set up standing orders and others have given donations and I would like to thank you all for your support and generosity to this good cause, but we still need more to do the same and keep this appeal rolling. If we all just gave £1 a month that would make a hell of a difference and keep the appeal rolling.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sort Code:- 09-01-27
Account No. 85932151

Come on boys we can make a difference to young kids lives.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Gwyn,

How many members and how much has been raised so far?

Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:25 am

Ridofrid will be the one to answer that one,saying that I don't know if it's a membership thing, if so being the chairamn, I'd better hurry up and join. :lol:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:42 am

well done to all involved and for the time you are all giving up for this :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:46 am

Great news! Keep up the good work lads :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:36 am

Well done to everyone. I'm thinking of Emailing David Cameron and asking him to come and visit you lads as a brilliant example of his 'Big Society' idea.

IMO Gwyn, Clive, Annis & the rest have a better understanding how the Big Society works than even he does :lol:

Re: " MONDAYS ' CARDIFF CITY YOUNG GUNS FUND ' MEETING "

Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:01 pm

CHEERS Gwyn :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:18 pm

Gwyn with regards to the Roadshow if you want to bring it to Aberdare let me know and i will arrange to host it at our Club FOC and will helplyou to publicise the event i think if Scot Young came with a few old players i think we could get a good crowd there and raise a decent amount for the 'Young Guns' :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Regards Jeff

Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:28 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=38153 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: