Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Dave Jones

Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:50 pm

right i like dave jones but hes starting to frustrate me a little nowww.. listening to his interviews he always sais weve just switched off, we defended poorly, we shudnt have done that... well jones sort it out instead of repeating yourself week after week, i wonder what goes on in training cos he certainly dont seem to be addressing these problems.. starting to get on my nerves noww :/ :ayatollah:

Re: Dave Jones

Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:52 pm

well we did switch off, we did defend the corner poorly and it shouldnt have happened :roll:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:54 pm

Some people have been asking the same questions of DJ for the last 5 and a half years now.
What doe's that tell you?

Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:55 pm

yes but it shouldnt of happened so if practised set pieces properly it wount happen again but we always seem to switch off towards the end :/ strange

Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:57 pm

mistakes happen, our defence has been solid as of late

Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:58 pm

How do you train against switching off ?

Admitedly a lot of teams in last ten minutes concede when they are 1 up as other team bombarding them with pressure , difficult one !!

Look at Norwich , 6 teams have switched off in last 5 minutes at least this season

Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:05 pm

harty10 wrote:right i like dave jones but hes starting to frustrate me a little nowww.. listening to his interviews he always sais weve just switched off, we defended poorly, we shudnt have done that... well jones sort it out instead of repeating yourself week after week, i wonder what goes on in training cos he certainly dont seem to be addressing these problems.. starting to get on my nerves noww :/ :ayatollah:

SO SORT IT OUT Dave Jones, YOUR THE MANAGER.

fans say he got no passion but last night a mate of mine sat behind him and said he went nuts when they scored :o :o :ayatollah:

"It was a silly free kick last Saturday that resulted in us losing against ************* -we didn't defend it properly and a lapse of concerntration cost us the goal. Apart from that it was a fairly even game". Quote Dave Jones.

When did DJ say this ????? :old:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:24 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:"It was a silly free kick last Saturday that resulted in us losing against ************* -we didn't defend it properly and a lapse of concerntration cost us the goal. Apart from that it was a fairly even game". Quote Dave Jones.

When did DJ say this ????? :old:

Any takers???

Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:36 pm

Well i'm going to tell you anyway,,,,,,,, Dave Jones said this after our 0-1 away defeat to Ipswich town on the 6th August 2005, DJ's first game as City manager. The quote was printed in the programme notes the next game, [home Leeds 9/8/05].
It sounds as fresh coming from him now as it did then!

Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:41 pm

so whats your point? we've conceded a sloppy 2 goals from 2 free kicks all season...not bad record that really

Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:43 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:so whats your point? we've conceded a sloppy 2 goals from 2 free kicks all season...not bad record that really

Can't you work that one out?

Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:46 pm

the point you have made is we lost concentration on 6th august and then on 15th feb? and DJ told that to the press

Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:50 pm

how comes everything is DJ,s Fault he aint on the pitch so as soon as you get on to that pith surely the responsibility is handed over to the team

Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:51 pm

How may times has he also said the same thing in between those dates??? I don'k know, but it sounds like an old HMV gramophone record thats scratched to f***.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:07 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:so whats your point? we've conceded a sloppy 2 goals from 2 free kicks all season...not bad record that really

I will tell you a record John

in 114 games when one nil down in 6 years Weve come back to win 9 games.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

how many have we come back from being 2,3 nill down

Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

That is a very very scary statistic :o

Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:14 pm

thomas9990 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

how many have we come back from being 2,3 nill down

do me a favour......stop trawling annis' posts for stats! come up with your own arguement at least

Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:51 pm

Vince Alms Comments usually always positive

Vince Alm
Lazy bunch of twats
Following the same pattern as previous seasons I'm afraid, difference is there are more teams involved this year if we lose at forest, leicester is a massive game also hull for playoff position, both teams got good squads also burnley in the mix still. The players do not work hard enough consistently to win enough games

Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:00 pm

all i want to know is how many times we have done it this season because this is the season that really mattres with the side we got know if we are 1-0 down surely we SHOULD have the quality to turn it around obviously this is down to DJ not having a plan 'B i like DJ but it can be frustrating when we are 1-0 down and all the players havent got the fight its obviously a worrying stat and i hope we can do better
Last edited by thomas9990 on Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:00 pm

harty10 wrote:yes but it shouldnt of happened so if practised set pieces properly it wount happen again but we always seem to switch off towards the end :/ strange

we're cardiff city not barcelona!everytime something goes wrong.dave jones takes a bashing!About time players had the shit when they make a cock up :?