Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Lazy, Tired or Lack of Passion??

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:30 am

Which do you think it is??

I thought we looked very lethargic last night, dont know whether it's tiredness or just sheer laziness but nobody apart from Ramsey or Hudson seemed prepared to bust a bollock, Ramsey tired as the game went on which is to be expected. I'm one of Bothroyds biggest fans but he and Chopra were poor last night(apart from the goal), it's as if some of them cant be arsed. Second half we were 1-0 up but invited Burnley to attack us and it was inevitable they were going to score sooner or later.

Going on the last few performances we will really miss Ramsey, he is a different class. His movement,vision and touch are superb.

Re: Lazy, Tired or Lack of Passion??

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:34 am

must be sapping tho playing and training on that mud patch of a pitch ............. they all looked tired last nite to me ? :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:47 am

Probably all three but there is a 4th option and that's DJ's tactics. ;)

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:55 am

I think you are being a little tough on yourselves here lads.

Burnley are a very capable team home & away. After playing them twice both 0-0 what struck me most is they're superb aerial ability at the back. Our former player Clarke Carlisle didn't give us an inch home or away this season. Although they are not world class going forward, in Eagles & Iwelumo they have the ability to hurt you.

Few have mentioned DJ's tactics / subs which I can't comment on but from an outsiders point of view I would say you are in great form, 7 unbeaten, tighter defence & picking up points.

Good point in my book.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:03 am

Stan-QPR wrote:I think you are being a little tough on yourselves here lads.

Burnley are a very capable team home & away. After playing them twice both 0-0 what struck me most is they're superb aerial ability at the back. Our former player Clarke Carlisle didn't give us an inch home or away this season. Although they are not world class going forward, in Eagles & Iwelumo they have the ability to hurt you.

Few have mentioned DJ's tactics / subs which I can't comment on but from an outsiders point of view I would say you are in great form, 7 unbeaten, tighter defence & picking up points.

Good point in my book.

agree totally stan. i think burnley will go on major run they play some good stuff. that eagles what pain the ass he was lol

Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:05 am

Stan-QPR wrote:I think you are being a little tough on yourselves here lads.

Good point in my book.

I agree to a certain extent in that they are a decent side and there is no shame in a draw. However, there is no excuse for basic closing down and tracking back. You would need to see some of our players off the ball to understand. There is no doubt ability wise we have a tremendous side capable of beating any team on our day but until we get that passion for hard work to grind results out then the ability is never going to reach its full potential.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:05 am

Lack of grass as well. How can you play football on that pitch?
The bounce is unpredictable.
An absolute disgrace

Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:14 am

FOOTBALL'S A FUNNY GAME!leeds struggled big time in both games v city as you know yet against burnley we were the better team etc you just cannot predict this league this yr!norwich next week at elland rd is a true 6 pointer for us a lot of teams about us will be watching..

Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:25 am

andy 189 wrote:FOOTBALL'S A FUNNY GAME!leeds struggled big time in both games v city as you know yet against burnley we were the better team etc you just cannot predict this league this yr!norwich next week at elland rd is a true 6 pointer for us a lot of teams about us will be watching..

christ that be a game and half norwich and leeds :ayatollah: