Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

No one's mentioned Whittingham so i will

Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:57 pm

Terrible game. off the pace and looked like he couldn't be arsed.

Oh and has he ever HEADED the ball. always ducks or pulls out.

Frustratingly though i can accept a point

Re: No one's mentioned Whittingham so i will

Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:15 pm

gagsy_mc wrote:Terrible game. off the pace and looked like he couldn't be arsed.

Has he ever tackled anyone?

Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:15 pm

hes simply not good enough..

Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:19 pm

i think he's good enough and his ability can't be questioned but it just seems sometimes he doesn't want it enough and he could definitely work a lot harder during games rather than letting everything happen around him rather than him going and making it happen :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:21 pm

hes to slow

Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:22 pm

he has very slow but he's the sort of player you need on the pitch as he can change games and he's very good normally at set pieces.

Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:47 pm

jaybothroyd wrote:he has very slow but he's the sort of player you need on the pitch as he can change games and he's very good normally at set pieces.

when we are getting over run down our left hes not worth keeping on for just for set pieces.

Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:51 pm

gagsy_mc wrote:Terrible game. off the pace and looked like he couldn't be arsed.

why is there such a lack of motivation in our side.
probably all think ''ahhh well it doesn't matter if we get promoted the club will be in turmoil either way within a few years''

Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:56 pm

I normally support him but he was poor tonight but he was not the only one tonight

Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:57 pm

jinks/cwm wrote:hes simply not good enough..

He's easily good enough, when he's on form he's probably too good for this division like a lot of our players.

Unfortunately, these same players all play in this division for one reason. Consistency. Most of our best players are very inconsistent, when they all have an off day at the same time then we get bad performances like tonight. Despite this, we still had the chances to win that game. We could have been out of sight by half time.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:02 am

I think the trouble is he was up against pace tonight, which he has none. We would have been better playing bellers and burke out wide.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:05 am

I like whitts but he has not been performing well at all this season ,and tonight was even worse.
He was on the wing right ? and every time he got the ball not once did he try to run at them ,all he did was pass long balls from where he recived the ball.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:08 am

Whitts can be so frustrating he can produce that bit of magic that can win games. But today he was to lightweight, and he wasn't slow he was static. In a tight game like that it was crying out for JET who would of bullied there players.
Saturday the Subs was spot on today they were shit awful. Was Quinn injured if so i retract what i am about to say. Quinn was doing ok but Jones made a like for like substitution and i thought Darcey was awful when he came on. Burke for Koumas :o WTF put the static Whittingham out wide left but he was never there. Koumas was ineffective and Bellamy was bullied out of it. Whilst Jay has returned to his Bamby on ice best :shock:. Olly was not great and Heatons kicking is poor at the very best.
Mark Hudson this guy has really turned out to be a colossus he was awsome again tonight :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:12 am

i will say what i have always said about whitts...

no bottle in the middle, and not enough pace to beat a man out wide :cry: