The Cosway Stadium

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: The Cosway Stadium

Postby Gavinatthegarage » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:19 pm

nerd wrote:Not found much about ecosway, did find this;.

http://www.infobarrel.com/Is_Cosway_or_eCosway_a_scam

Don't like the sound of that .
Gavinatthegarage

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Berwyn » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:06 pm

One thing is for certain on this. It doesn't matter how many adverts they have around the ground, it's the name of the stadium which would be the one to give Cosway the backing the Malaysian's deserve.

In fact I'd go as far to say people may well question the Cosway brand whilst they only have ad boards without the stadium name. From the outside it could well give the impression that they lack commitment to the Cosway brand in this country because they only do advert boards whilst the relatively easy task of naming the stadium lays to waste. It is their club after all, so why not sort out the naming as well?
http://www.kira23.co.uk Photography by Berwyn Jay
Berwyn

Postby Gavinatthegarage » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:45 pm

Midfield general wrote:Soirry but didn't Daya warn us about this possibility nearly 18 months ago..?

True he did.
Gavinatthegarage

Postby eddiep » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:39 am

Can football withstand this financial juggernaut its entered into.

Middle East, Far East, USA all massive interest in our top two divisions and they are not at all there as fans and benefactors. Naming rights, franchises - Cosways is just a part of it. - a route to market.

Football was your local team - forever - win or lose, the premier league could be potentially dangerous as it is the rich league (at the moment) and a way for investers to make money and hide debt.
Now there are fans of probably all championship clubs demanding to be there and pissed off if their not. This is affecting home atmospheres for most champ clubs and making things sterile.
There is like an auto-negativity for fans who wont wait for anything other than premiership, such is the current power with TV rights etc. We want money, big names and success. This is not CCFC alone but I have friends who are forest and wham who say then same - they must win.

I look across the atlantic, the state of their economy and the way NFL teams can move from city to city and worry. 1 league, split geographically with less than 50 teams for a country with over 280 million people (havent checked on No of teams or population!).

Is it inevitable that our 92 clubs will be cut?
you reap what you sow
eddiep

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:13 pm

Just wondering but could the forensic accounting being carried out by VT and the naming rights be linked in any way? After all the £9m the naming rights are worth is Sam Hammam’s only tangible asset in CCFC as the rest of the debt is unsecured.

If so it would seem pretty low of the Malaysians and it would be much better and honourable to sit down and negotiate a settlement which included buying up the stadium naming rights.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby JW_Bluebird96 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:19 pm

i dont see why we call it Ninian Park in memory of the old ground any1 agree?
JW_Bluebird96

Postby 2blue2handle » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:20 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Just wondering but could the forensic accounting being carried out by VT and the naming rights be linked in any way? After all the £9m the naming rights are worth is Sam Hammam’s only tangible asset in CCFC as the rest of the debt is unsecured.

If so it would seem pretty low of the Malaysians and it would be much better and honourable to sit down and negotiate a settlement which included buying up the stadium naming rights.

I dont see them naming the stadium until they get rid of Sams debt however they do it.
Honourable? f**k that, do whats best for the club I say.
2blue2handle

Postby Bluebird_in_Barry » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:32 pm

Don't see any benefit to the club in it being named the cosway stadium. It would make more sense sell the naming rights to a third party to generate additional funds. I would like a Welsh brand name, maybe the Admiral Arena?
Football: Cardiff City
Rugby: Llanelli Scarlets
Bluebird_in_Barry

Postby Mastermind » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:40 pm

nerd wrote:
Mastermind wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:Whats even more concerning is, is it free marketing. Like you say it seems to be creeping all around the stadium on prime advertising spots...........

TBH Richard, they are probably paying for it. Gethin, TG & VT are proper businesmen and the latter two, especially, would not miss a trick to get more finance into the CCS

So basically, you're saying TG&VT, as proper businessmen, would willingly pay money from one of their larger business interests into a much smaller one?

Seriously?

Well Nerd, every business has a budget. The budget is based on that business' ability to produce revenue streams and the advertising boards/placements around the stadium would be integral to that budget. There is no way that Gethin Jenkins and the board would allow these revenue generators to be utilised without a return. So, if the club is being run properly, then seriously YES.
Mastermind

Postby RichardBluebird » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:12 pm

Mastermind wrote:
nerd wrote:
Mastermind wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:Whats even more concerning is, is it free marketing. Like you say it seems to be creeping all around the stadium on prime advertising spots...........

TBH Richard, they are probably paying for it. Gethin, TG & VT are proper businesmen and the latter two, especially, would not miss a trick to get more finance into the CCS

So basically, you're saying TG&VT, as proper businessmen, would willingly pay money from one of their larger business interests into a much smaller one?

Seriously?

Well Nerd, every business has a budget. The budget is based on that business' ability to produce revenue streams and the advertising boards/placements around the stadium would be integral to that budget. There is no way that Gethin Jenkins and the board would allow these revenue generators to be utilised without a return. So, if the club is being run properly, then seriously YES.

:o
RichardBluebird

Postby nerd » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:22 pm

Mastermind wrote:
nerd wrote:
Mastermind wrote:

Seriously?

The board is stocked with Malaysian directors, all of whom are tightly integrated with Berjaya. Given the massive emphasis on promoting Cosway / eCosway - check out any pre/post match interviews on TV, the board behind is quite illuminating - and given the fact revenues to Berjaya could far outweigh those of CCFC, it's quite interesting you believe that to TG & VT, CCFC interests outweigh Berjaya's on this particular issue.

I'd frankly be amazed if market rate was being applied to Berjaya. Not that any business would cross-pollinate with others within the same chain, ever, tbh...
nerd

Postby Nottage Blue » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:22 pm

bluecityblue wrote:They can call it what they like, its now known as and we'll still call it cardiff city stadium.

Do you call it the Cardiff City Stadium? Personally I don't, too much of a mouthful
Nottage Blue

Postby Bridgend_bluebird » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:23 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:
bluecityblue wrote:They can call it what they like, its now known as and we'll still call it cardiff city stadium.

Do you call it the Cardiff City Stadium? Personally I don't, too much of a mouthful

I just say "our stadium" :?
Win or lose I'll Be there with my ticket and a pint!
Bridgend_bluebird

Postby Lamboy88 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:54 pm

JW_Bluebird96 wrote:i dont see why we call it Ninian Park in memory of the old ground any1 agree?

Anyone think that Capital Park would've been a good name. Has a lovely ring to it, and would really wind up the jacks :lol: :ayatollah:
Lamboy88

Postby Mastermind » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:47 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Just wondering if anyone would have any objections to this? COSWAY is considered in some circles as to be a bit of a scam because it utilises MLM (multi-level marketing) or network marketing schemes.

I’m not 100% sure what the deal is but it seems to revolve around COSWAY providing a ‘free’ shop in exchange for a deposit and sales targets where the 'business operator' provides the labour free and takes a commission instead.

Tony, basically it's called a franchise. The only difference is that in a traditional franchise you are only able to expand by buying additional franchise outlets. In MLM you expand by franchising out yourself.
In the US (and with Remax and others in the UK) the Real Estate industry works by the broker training others to become brokers. They then retain a commission on their 'trainees' income. In MLM it is pretty much the same but the trainer retains a 'bonus'/commission on their trainees income and they also trains their trainee to do the same as they are. These MLM companies do not have the traditional method of distribution (manufacturer -> company -> sales person -> logistics -> retailer with staff wages -> advertising -> customer). They simply have the manufacturer -> company -> distributor -> customer method with a lot of middle men cut out. More profit for the company & more profit for the distributor.
MLM is a well reknowned method of marketing goods with many multi-billion $/£ companies worldwide. In fact, as an industry, it is bigger than the music industry.

So why does it have this reputation of being a scam? Well some ill advised people have seen MLM as a way of making a quick buck. They have not looked at it with proper due diligience and understood the amount of work necessary to make a business run successfully. In other words, they took some prat's word for it (someone who had not made any money in an MLM business) that they could get wealthy very quickly. This is not the case. However if they worked the business consistently for 3-5 years then the chances are that they would become relatively wealthy/well-off. However, it must be worked seriously for a period of time - just like any other business. Otherwise it/you will lose money. It's worth looking in to properly to try and understand how it works. That way you will be able to make your own judgement on it so that rash remarks aren't made without justification.

Simples! :ayatollah:

I have no problems with the Cosway Stadium. They've invested enough into 'the city' as a business and deserve to get something out of it for themselves. good luck to them with the club and the launch of eCosway in the UK. (I'm not involved with eCosway BTW)
Mastermind

Previous

Return to General Chat