Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

GOALS FROM CORNERS

Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:15 pm

WHENS THE LAST TIME WE SCORED FROM A CORNER ? WE HAD 10 YESTERDAY, WE NEVER LOOK LIKE SCORING FROM CORNERS, SOMETHING WE NEED TO WORK ON MAYBE. :ayatollah:

Re: GOALS FROM CORNERS

Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:33 pm

We are utter crap at corners, its something which should be worked on in training. :o :o

Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:40 pm

Might have had something to do with the 11 men the opposition had in the box.

We scored from a cleverly worked corner against Leeds at home.

Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:51 pm

FOOTSOLDIER wrote:WHENS THE LAST TIME WE SCORED FROM A CORNER ? WE HAD 10 YESTERDAY, WE NEVER LOOK LIKE SCORING FROM CORNERS, SOMETHING WE NEED TO WORK ON MAYBE. :ayatollah:

29 corners in the last 3 games and only one real chance which was Quinn against the Jacks, with our quality we should be doing better. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:02 pm

We were all talking about that yesterday aswell!

At one stage Emanuel Thomas was taking the corners, which doesn't make sense!

It looks like they have been working on some run patterns etc in training as a few of the lads were planning runs into the box.

Definitely an area that needs to be worked on, we've got a few six footers plus we should be scoring more headers.

Bothroyd
Emanuel Thomas
Parkin
Oli
Keinan
Hudson
Quinny

Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:13 pm

agree with size of are team we should do better some of the crosses where shocking tho.

Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:30 pm

I once scored goal directly from a corner,mid 90's Ynyscynon park nr Trealaw,perhaps DG should let me take a train session :lol:

Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:13 pm

Talking about this yesterday, Jez on here made the same point about not scoring from corners. Watching Motd they said Blackpool have scored 11 from corners allready this year. Maybe worth taking a few tricks from them

Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:01 pm

There's no point in having a corner, it's a waste of time.Only 1 person in the forward line will attack a corner and that's Jon Parkin, Bothroyd is big enough but would rather play his football outside the box! I suggest all corners from now should be taken short, at least we would have possession instead of giving it away. I've said all along that this team needs a certain type of character that we still lack.

Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:06 pm

FOOTSOLDIER wrote:WHENS THE LAST TIME WE SCORED FROM A CORNER ? WE HAD 10 YESTERDAY, WE NEVER LOOK LIKE SCORING FROM CORNERS, SOMETHING WE NEED TO WORK ON MAYBE. :ayatollah:

Great post, we really are shite from corners. I used to think it was because we were a small team, but now with any combo of JET, Oli, Parkin, Bothroyd, Keinan or Quinn on the pitch, that can't be an excuse!

Got to be said, I think the delivery was desperate yesterday. :(

Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:21 pm

I will get slaughted for this I know but I do not care, I believe we missed from free kicks and corners the greatness of Whitts

Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:22 pm

valleyrambill wrote:I will get slaughted for this I know but I do not care, I believe we missed from free kicks and corners the greatness of Whitts

i have to agree. you do forget how good his with free kicks and corners and his passing just wish he had more bite about him on times

Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:49 pm

THEY NEED TO START TRAINING WITH THEIR WELLIES ON SO WHEN THE PITCH BECOMES A MUD
BATH THEY WILL ALREADY HAVE THE UPPER HAND :roll: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:20 pm

valleyrambill wrote:I will get slaughted for this I know but I do not care, I believe we missed from free kicks and corners the greatness of Whitts

:D :D :D :D Did you get your valentine off to him in time!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:22 pm

Midfield general wrote:I thought Hudson would score more from set pieces than he has. He scored away at Swansea once but I cant remember anything else

He hit the bar against Reading! hes getting closer!

I've got a vision of Hudson scoring the winning and last goal of Citys season to stick them up on the automatic! Pure class and Irony in that! And my misses says I'm no romantic . . . . .!

Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:15 am

Also scored against Watford 4th from a corner.