Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Our relationship with the players "

Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:14 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:
lugg89 wrote:Jon you are right here.

I think partly if not mostly to blame are the johnny come lately home supporters who are hoping to watch our team play at Chelsea Liverpool or man uniteds level every match. (since one of the three was their first club until Cardiff started doing well)

You won't see any of the tossers away. In that sense I think the fans at home need to improve before expecting the players to applaud us.
On the other hand or away support is second to none and the players hav alot to answer for, it's f*cking shockin at times for the amount of time and money our working class supporters spend following city away.the lack of appreciation for our noise and sheer numbers should be addressed- but my opinion is that should start with dave jones ,I know he's not an emotive character but he should show us more respect and slate any of the premadonna twats of players that walk straight down the tunnel like they did at boro earlier this season.

your not the only away cardiff supporter to say that to be fair, you make good points fair play

Thanks for the response. I'm a season ticket holder and I've attended about 10 games away this year purely for financial reasons otherwise I'd attend them all. But there is a definate "gulf in class" beteen our home and away support.I'm sure the fans who travel away will agree here.

Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:17 pm

I think it is wrong to say new supporters as there are many old supporters who have been going for years shout at the players for making mistakes christ remember Josh Low sections of Ninian Park turned on him terrible so this is not new and I remember the great Kav always thanked the supporters win or lose earnie and thorne and many others did but not so much now.

However I watched Billy Davies telling his players to get over to thank the supporters today and some may say players dont have to do it but does it really hurt for 2 minutes for a couple of players to thank the support certainly at away games.

Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:24 pm

It might not all be down to the players; if their manager tells them to get straight off the pitch, then they would.

Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:51 am

So fans that don't go away are Man United supporting tossers now?

Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:10 am

I think partly if not mostly to blame are the johnny come lately home supporters who are hoping to watch our team play at Chelsea Liverpool or man uniteds level every match. (since one of the three was their first club until Cardiff started doing well)

You won't see any of the tossers away. In that sense I think the fans at home need to improve before expecting the players to applaud us.
On the other hand or away support is second to none and the players hav alot to answer for, it's f*cking shockin at times for the amount of time and money our working class supporters spend following city away.the lack of appreciation for our noise and sheer numbers should be addressed- but my opinion is that should start with dave jones ,I know he's not an emotive character but he should show us more respect and slate any of the premadonna twats of players that walk straight down the tunnel like they did at boro earlier this season.

==================
Exactly mate most of them probably only want a Cheap day out down the city with ther kids to see giggs, rooney and berbatov, and their eagerness of how close we are from acchieving it is slipping through i think we created a few thousand shit glory hunting fans with the new stadium & success an attraction.
some of us have been to countless away games full support spending hundreds, thousands even, always supported our team, the players should not be disregarding the cardiff faithful , 90% of our away support are die hard and old school cardiff boys, who spent best part of ten years travelling to likes of barnet, rochdale, brighton, chesterfield, carlisle .

oh and one more thing, players do read forum's and some of the things some people have said about players.. is unbelievable, I know I personally would be absoloutely gutted if i read half of what's been said :roll:

Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:28 am

players dont care these days lets be fair you only had to watch the Qpr vs forrest yesterday to see the diffrence between are players/manager to both there teams after the final whistle it said it all ,when does dj send his players to the away end or do a warnock walk out to halfway line shake everyones hand then do a 2-3min clap for the whole ground it just dont happen :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:08 pm

A small show of appreciation wouldn't hurt, just a few claps would do.

Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:46 pm

Against reading the other week midweek game, not one player clapped, I stood watching after we equalised and every player walked off to the tunnel without acknoldging any part of the ground. Not acceptable in my view.

Re: Our relationship with the players

Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:01 pm

mr'mogreenz wrote:The best appriciation they can show me is by putting in the effort on the pitch and or getting 3pts :ayatollah:

Same here, they are not paid to support us.

Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:03 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:Why should they clap us? They are paid to win football matches! If you work in tesco stacking shelves you wouldnt expect customers to stand there and applaud you :?

I didn't know it costs best part of 400 a season to attend Tesco, never mind the 50 for each away match.

Forest and QPR both do it, no matter the result. It doesn't hurt. Could actually benefit them

So over a year you'd spend less than an average of £8 pw at Tescos ( insert other Supermarket name... )?

Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:06 pm

ccfc_cotta wrote:

==================
Exactly mate most of them probably only want a Cheap day out down the city with ther kids to see giggs, rooney and berbatov, and their eagerness of how close we are from acchieving it is slipping through i think we created a few thousand shit glory hunting fans with the new stadium & success an attraction.
some of us have been to countless away games full support spending hundreds, thousands even, always supported our team, the players should not be disregarding the cardiff faithful , 90% of our away support are die hard and old school cardiff boys, who spent best part of ten years travelling to likes of barnet, rochdale, brighton, chesterfield, carlisle .

oh and one more thing, players do read forum's and some of the things some people have said about players.. is unbelievable, I know I personally would be absoloutely gutted if i read half of what's been said :roll:

The problem with being elitist and deriding new fans is the fact that :-

1) I'm sure the Malaysians and club appreciate the additional income

and

2) The numbers claiming to have been loyal fans, there in the dark old days never ceases to amaze me. There I was thinking we had crowds of 2500 regularly, no it must have been 15000 at least...

Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:16 pm

The players still clap the fans especially at away games this is more over reaction and trying to create a fuss about nothing and saying it's because we have a load of glory hunting fans at home is pathetic I travel away but my old man doesn't because he has other things to do as I'm sure many other people do.

I go down the City to watch football and watch the team hopefully win if you are getting upset about some grown men not clapping you because you have watched them play football you must have a problem

Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:02 pm

nerd wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:Why should they clap us? They are paid to win football matches! If you work in tesco stacking shelves you wouldnt expect customers to stand there and applaud you :?

I didn't know it costs best part of 400 a season to attend Tesco, never mind the 50 for each away match.

Forest and QPR both do it, no matter the result. It doesn't hurt. Could actually benefit them

So over a year you'd spend less than an average of £8 pw at Tescos ( insert other Supermarket name... )?

I will resist the urge of having to resort to taking peoples quotes out of context. instead, I will ask you how many supermarket staff are on 2k a week, never mind 10k? Is food a necessity for living, meaning supermarkets will never lack custom? Would a football club die if nobody turned up to watch them? Have you ever traveled 5 hours each way to use the supermarket (knowing you, you'll say yes)?

Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:53 pm

1 question

Have u ever witnessed any team in any sport who have ever improved through fans booing. Cos I ain't

Therefore, don't boo, don't catcall and don't berate the players. Encouragement always, always works

We can go up this season but the players need a twelth man. Us the fans. DJ whether u like him or not is not a twelth man

As Ali says "support the boys". I would never boo. I never could. There's other ways I can show my disappreciation.

Do what I do and stop people booing and criticising. May not make me popular but who gives a f**k.

We all, as fans need to be behind our team at what is possibly the most important time in our great clubs history.

Together we can do this. Keep the faith. We are one.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:31 pm

botw2 wrote:The players still clap the fans especially at away games this is more over reaction and trying to create a fuss about nothing and saying it's because we have a load of glory hunting fans at home is pathetic I travel away but my old man doesn't because he has other things to do as I'm sure many other people do.

I go down the City to watch football and watch the team hopefully win if you are getting upset about some grown men not clapping you because you have watched them play football you must have a problem

I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH YOU on THIS botw2, I go to most away games and Our players hardly ever clap us and the 3 or 4 that can be bothered, dont even go over the half way line to Clap.

Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
botw2 wrote:The players still clap the fans especially at away games this is more over reaction and trying to create a fuss about nothing and saying it's because we have a load of glory hunting fans at home is pathetic I travel away but my old man doesn't because he has other things to do as I'm sure many other people do.

I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH YOU on THIS botw2, I go to most away games and Our players hardly ever clap us and the 3 or 4 that can be bothered, dont even go over the half way line to Clap.

While I agree it's different to how it was they do still clap as they go off but they don't come over as often as they did, as I said it doesn't bother me too much as long as they perform on the pitch, think we like something to moan about sometimes :D

Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:34 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:I will resist the urge of having to resort to taking peoples quotes out of context. instead, I will ask you how many supermarket staff are on 2k a week, never mind 10k? Is food a necessity for living, meaning supermarkets will never lack custom? Would a football club die if nobody turned up to watch them? Have you ever traveled 5 hours each way to use the supermarket (knowing you, you'll say yes)?

Answering your points - comparing footballers with supermarket staff, wage wise, is dumb. Hint; anybody can work in a supermarket, not everyone can play football. bringing the wage differential in is plain silly. Very class warriorlike, politics of envy. I assume you vote Labour?

Food is a necessity for living. Very good, well spotted. There's a plurality of choices for getting food. Not so football ( not at least for those non-plastics... )

Would a club die? I'd imagine you'd think yes, however, you'd be wrong. At the very top level, a Man Utd could survive - financially - with an empty stadium. They'd take a hit, sure, but not big enough to kill them due to the revenue streams they have available.

Have I travelled 5 hours? No. Have I had to for supermarkets or football? No. Knowing you, you'll no doubt claim that makes you a far greater fan than anyone else...

Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:23 pm

When half the crowd just abuse the players for 90 mins is it any wonder they cannot wait to get off the pitch, TBH, once the 90 mins has gone up, I disappear to under the stand to watch the remaining few mins on the screens and looking at the area so do half of the stadium

Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:52 pm

nerd wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:I will resist the urge of having to resort to taking peoples quotes out of context. instead, I will ask you how many supermarket staff are on 2k a week, never mind 10k? Is food a necessity for living, meaning supermarkets will never lack custom? Would a football club die if nobody turned up to watch them? Have you ever traveled 5 hours each way to use the supermarket (knowing you, you'll say yes)?

Answering your points - comparing footballers with supermarket staff, wage wise, is dumb. Hint; anybody can work in a supermarket, not everyone can play football. bringing the wage differential in is plain silly. Very class warriorlike, politics of envy. I assume you vote Labour?

Food is a necessity for living. Very good, well spotted. There's a plurality of choices for getting food. Not so football ( not at least for those non-plastics... )

Would a club die? I'd imagine you'd think yes, however, you'd be wrong. At the very top level, a Man Utd could survive - financially - with an empty stadium. They'd take a hit, sure, but not big enough to kill them due to the revenue streams they have available.

Have I travelled 5 hours? No. Have I had to for supermarkets or football? No. Knowing you, you'll no doubt claim that makes you a far greater fan than anyone else...

I am well and truly silenced. I cannot possibly lower myself to answer a question with such a lack of direction, maybe even intelligence.

And you brought politics into it! You've got a good idea here, respond with such rubbish in the hope that you won't get a reply.

For the record, I did NOT vote for Labour, Lib Dem or Plaid Cymru.

Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:44 pm

[quote="tylerdurdenisabluebird"
I am well and truly silenced. I cannot possibly lower myself to answer a question with such a lack of direction, maybe even intelligence. [/quote]

Interesting, since there wasn't a question in my reply :lol:

Getting back on track do you think you are owed anyhing by the players? Yes / no?

Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:01 am

Nerd, I think you'll find that 'I assume you vote Labour?' is a question in itself.

And yes, the players could at least acknowledge our presence with a little bloody clap since we spend 90 mins + screaming, shouting, making as much noise as we can in support of them, come rain, shine, sleet, snow, 5 miles or 500, we show them support, and the least they could do is acknowledge that.
Yes they're paid to play football, but I'm sure that the amount of money they're on, it wouldn't hurt them to give a little clap to the fans that put money into the club they play for, effectively giving them the opportunity to be there.
And as for 'not everyone can play football'...
Patients show appreciation for the nurses/doctors or in my particular setting midwives when theyve been cared for/supported - a little thank you is all it takes - why shouldnt our players show that kind of appreciation for us, as we support them?

Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:02 am

littlebluebird wrote:Nerd, I think you'll find that 'I assume you vote Labour?' is a question in itself.

And yes, the players could at least acknowledge our presence with a little bloody clap since we spend 90 mins + screaming, shouting, making as much noise as we can in support of them, come rain, shine, sleet, snow, 5 miles or 500, we show them support, and the least they could do is acknowledge that.
Yes they're paid to play football, but I'm sure that the amount of money they're on, it wouldn't hurt them to give a little clap to the fans that put money into the club they play for, effectively giving them the opportunity to be there.
And as for 'not everyone can play football'...
Patients show appreciation for the nurses/doctors or in my particular setting midwives when theyve been cared for/supported - a little thank you is all it takes - why shouldnt our players show that kind of appreciation for us, as we support them?

Nerd you have to agree Littlebluebird is Spot on. Except for When Our players were paid £200-£300 a week they use to Clap us come rain/wind or Sunshine and not only clap us but come right over to us. IT GOES A LONG WAY A BIT OF APPRECIATION :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:19 am

JonScam wrote:I cant ever remember it being so bad imo.

When players go off they hardly ever clap us to show their appreciation (I check most games - only Bellers clapped yesterday, Chops and JET didn't).

Theres rarely a show of appreciation after the game - even last week when we beat the Jacks I cant remember them coming over to us after the game, neither did any of the players celebrate with/in front of us when we scored.

There are certain elements of Ninian park that made our club such a great club to play for and support that we simply haven't taken to CCS. The interaction isnt there anymore, we hardly ever have them doing the ayatollah during games anymore plus when the subs warm up we always had them doing the ayatollah of chant their names at Ninian - i've only seen us do that a couple of times this season for Koumas, Burkey and Parkin.

I genuinely believe there are alot of our players who hold little to no affection for us. The reason for this is debatable - is it due to some of the senseless booing we hear on occasions? Is it the stadiums blatant reaction to a bad pass or a player out of form e.g. Naylor; Hudson previously? Is it the poor example in this respect set by our manager?

There have been only a few (if any teams) that have managed to escape this difficult league and earn promotion where the relationship between the club/ management/ players and the fans has been this poor imo...to stand a chance of going up we go up as one.

We seem to be hitting harmony with the club over the standing debates etc as the club have drawn a line in the sand and are providing opportunity for us to generate a proper atmosphere in an area of our home.

In order to address the other points I've made, imo we've got to meet the players in the middle - we should be displaying or voicing nothing but positivety on matchday and in effect put a verbal arm around each one of the players in adversity or bad form, and in return the players should definitely show their appreciation to us after and during the games when we score etc.

We are a family and we got to start looking out for each other. The teams we play and the fans they bring will obviously try almost every trick in the book to obstruct us from achieiving what we all want - best way to counter that is having a machine and an offence that is thousands strong and tight - not fragmented into sub divisions or stands, fans, players, management, club etc etc.

Like I said...if we've got any chance of going up, we go up as one :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Being serious though, the only time this season I think the fans were appreciated was the Donny game, the last few weeks, we are too easy jumping on the old band wagon and booing the team, shit, I wouldn't clap either.

Like Annis has said, lets get behind the team for the final run in, imagine a packed out stadium singing 'The Blues are going up, the blues are going up.... start tonight seriously.

Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Spot on Annis. I can remember the Middlesbrough away game when we travelled a total of 600 miles and 12 hours on the coach to see one of the worst lack lustre displays of the season. At the end of the game, no player came over to our end and the only one to clap us as they walked off was Bellamy.I think this sums up the respect the players have for the fans and its not fair because the likes of Bothroyd is always well supported and we always chant his name several times during a game even when he is not playing well. I don't see Jay however repaying the compliment at the end of an away game as he doesn't even bother to clap us when walking off most of the time. Compare this to the majority of away teams we have witnessed playing at the CCS as they always make a point of walking towards their fans and giving them a clap.I will continue to support my team as always but it sometimes feels like one way traffic which does annoy me especially when travelling (like other fans)to the ends of the country and giving them my full support.

Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:40 pm

I was speaking to fella who bumped into one of our strikers before a game. He asked him to sign his autograph for his 7 year old boy which the player did, but made no effort to speak a few words to the young un or even make eye contact.

Compare this to a couple of decades or so back when I was that age, I used to get autographs most games from the junior bluebirds end off the likes of Carl Dale, Jason Perry, Nicky Richardson etc, and they would all make the effort.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:06 am

" BURNLEY PLAYERS/MANAGEMENT LAST NIGHT "

About 250 Burnley Fans made the Trip(My Guess).

At the end Manager/Players they went over to their Fans and Thanked them(WAlked across the pitch) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Are we the Only Club who's Club does NOT THANK THEIR FANS AT AWAY GAMES ?

Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:51 pm

nobber wrote:I saw Chops clap and acknowledge. the crowd :?

So did Burke

Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:16 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=36950 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: