Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Our relationship with the players "

Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:37 pm

I cant ever remember it being so bad imo.

When players go off they hardly ever clap us to show their appreciation (I check most games - only Bellers clapped yesterday, Chops and JET didn't).

Theres rarely a show of appreciation after the game - even last week when we beat the Jacks I cant remember them coming over to us after the game, neither did any of the players celebrate with/in front of us when we scored.

There are certain elements of Ninian park that made our club such a great club to play for and support that we simply haven't taken to CCS. The interaction isnt there anymore, we hardly ever have them doing the ayatollah during games anymore plus when the subs warm up we always had them doing the ayatollah of chant their names at Ninian - i've only seen us do that a couple of times this season for Koumas, Burkey and Parkin.

I genuinely believe there are alot of our players who hold little to no affection for us. The reason for this is debatable - is it due to some of the senseless booing we hear on occasions? Is it the stadiums blatant reaction to a bad pass or a player out of form e.g. Naylor; Hudson previously? Is it the poor example in this respect set by our manager?

There have been only a few (if any teams) that have managed to escape this difficult league and earn promotion where the relationship between the club/ management/ players and the fans has been this poor imo...to stand a chance of going up we go up as one.

We seem to be hitting harmony with the club over the standing debates etc as the club have drawn a line in the sand and are providing opportunity for us to generate a proper atmosphere in an area of our home.

In order to address the other points I've made, imo we've got to meet the players in the middle - we should be displaying or voicing nothing but positivety on matchday and in effect put a verbal arm around each one of the players in adversity or bad form, and in return the players should definitely show their appreciation to us after and during the games when we score etc.

We are a family and we got to start looking out for each other. The teams we play and the fans they bring will obviously try almost every trick in the book to obstruct us from achieiving what we all want - best way to counter that is having a machine and an offence that is thousands strong and tight - not fragmented into sub divisions or stands, fans, players, management, club etc etc.

Like I said...if we've got any chance of going up, we go up as one :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Our relationship with the players

Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:41 pm

JonScam wrote:I cant ever remember it being so bad imo.

When players go off they hardly ever clap us to show their appreciation (I check most games - only Bellers clapped yesterday, Chops and JET didn't).

Theres rarely a show of appreciation after the game - even last week when we beat the Jacks I cant remember them coming over to us after the game, neither did any of the players celebrate with/in front of us when we scored.

There are certain elements of Ninian park that made our club such a great club to play for and support that we simply haven't taken to CCS. The interaction isnt there anymore, we hardly ever have them doing the ayatollah during games anymore plus when the subs warm up we always had them doing the ayatollah of chant their names at Ninian - i've only seen us do that a couple of times this season for Koumas, Burkey and Parkin.

I genuinely believe there are alot of our players who hold little to no affection for us. The reason for this is debatable - is it due to some of the senseless booing we hear on occasions? Is it the stadiums blatant reaction to a bad pass or a player out of form e.g. Naylor; Hudson previously? Is it the poor example in this respect set by our manager?

There have been only a few (if any teams) that have managed to escape this difficult league and earn promotion where the relationship between the club/ management/ players and the fans has been this poor imo...to stand a chance of going up we go up as one.

We seem to be hitting harmony with the club over the standing debates etc as the club have drawn a line in the sand and are providing opportunity for us to generate a proper atmosphere in an area of our home.

In order to address the other points I've made, imo we've got to meet the players in the middle - we should be displaying or voicing nothing but positivety on matchday and in effect put a verbal arm around each one of the players in adversity or bad form, and in return the players should definitely show their appreciation to us after and during the games when we score etc.

We are a family and we got to start looking out for each other. The teams we play and the fans they bring will obviously try almost every trick in the book to obstruct us from achieiving what we all want - best way to counter that is having a machine and an offence that is thousands strong and tight - not fragmented into sub divisions or stands, fans, players, management, club etc etc.

Like I said...if we've got any chance of going up, we go up as one :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

yea i see where you coming from

Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:45 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:

It pissed me off yesterday with JET not clapping us - not only odes it show arrogance, but it also shows imo that he couldn't give a f**k about us or in the extremely maybe where the club wants to go? Gets to me

Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:45 pm

Why should they clap us? They are paid to win football matches! If you work in tesco stacking shelves you wouldnt expect customers to stand there and applaud you :?

Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:53 pm

JonScam wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote:

It pissed me off yesterday with JET not clapping us - not only odes it show arrogance, but it also shows imo that he couldn't give a f**k about us or in the extremely maybe where the club wants to go? Gets to me

well you could say that about few of the players not just jet lol all the scunny team went to there fans which i thought was good respect but maybe we got alot of arrogant players in are team but yes i thought we did well to not get on there backs and kept encouraging them. but to be fair not all players don't clap us heaton does hudson mphail bellamy.

I saw Chops clap and acknowledge. the crowd :?

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:Why should they clap us? They are paid to win football matches! If you work in tesco stacking shelves you wouldnt expect customers to stand there and applaud you :?

lol

Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:00 pm

The best appriciation they can show me is by putting in the effort on the pitch and or getting 3pts :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:04 pm

mr'mogreenz wrote:The best appriciation they can show me is by putting in the effort on the pitch and or getting 3pts :ayatollah:

Spot on!! :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:18 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:Why should they clap us? They are paid to win football matches! If you work in tesco stacking shelves you wouldnt expect customers to stand there and applaud you :?

I didn't know it costs best part of 400 a season to attend Tesco, never mind the 50 for each away match.

Forest and QPR both do it, no matter the result. It doesn't hurt. Could actually benefit them

Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:34 pm

Well said

Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:38 pm

It works both ways though, maybe they dont like the fact fans are straight on there backs as soon as not everything is going our way. IMO our home fans are poor

Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:54 pm

its not just our club, players are above us, so they think, hard to find a loyal player these days,,,,, its all down to the money, players kiss the badge of there team, then offered a new contract elsewhere and there gone, :roll:

Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:55 pm

did you stay until the end because i saw heaton, oli, hudson, rambo to name a few all clap the crowd.
What your saying is go up as one. Well isn't this post a negative one.

Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:51 pm

I'm amazed the amount of shit our players take from their own fans.

Dont get me wrong a player blatantly not trying is one thing but the abuse FROM CARDIFF FANS to Hudson early season, Naylor and now JET is quite cruel. Granted they have made mistakes and errors but to crucify them like we do is counter productive.

JET makes a mistake and the crowd start singing for Burke? Tell me that doesnt affect a player??

I lost it with a guy in my block 112 Ninian, who was giving Ramsey shit believe it or not!!

If i was our players i'd be a bit pissed at the crowd and doubt id be applauding!

Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:55 pm

Welshpaul wrote:I'm amazed the amount of shit our players take from their own fans.

Dont get me wrong a player blatantly not trying is one thing but the abuse FROM CARDIFF FANS to Hudson early season, Naylor and now JET is quite cruel. Granted they have made mistakes and errors but to crucify them like we do is counter productive.

JET makes a mistake and the crowd start singing for Burke? Tell me that doesnt affect a player??

I lost it with a guy in my block 112 Ninian, who was giving Ramsey shit believe it or not!!

If i was our players i'd be a bit pissed at the crowd and doubt id be applauding!

Paul,

Jon in my Opinion has got it virtually Spot on, most of the players dont give a f**k about the Fans and it shows.
But on the other hand we have a lot of fans who give them stick for NO REASON IN MY OPINION.
Perhaps if the players had a better Rapport with the Fans it would help both ways :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=36631 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " Our relationship with the players "

Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:11 pm

I seen the majority of the team clap us yesterday

Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:23 pm

Before the game during the warm up i saw JET throwing some of his training gear into the crowd and that same section was slaughtering him during the game.

There is a real uneasy feeling between the fans and the players and i don't know how it'll be resolved. Think we need to really get behind them especially when a player has a sticky patch to really get behind him. Last season Arsenal fans booed their own player and rightfully got frowns for it - we are at the moment are no better.

Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:34 pm

Fair play - one of your worst posts!

Jeeeeees..... :|

Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:42 pm

Merlin wrote:

What a bloody stupid thing to say!! :roll: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:43 pm

Merlin wrote:

Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:52 pm

I think you are spot on mate. I was having this exact conversation with my mate yesterday! I think it's a 2 way problem. Some of the players don't seem to care about the fans(maybe a problem with so many loanees??) and I think a fair percentage of the fans a ridiculously fickle(e.g. the IDIOT heckling Bellamy yesterday!)

I think a lot of the time at the CCS particularly(not so bad away) the players seem p!ssed off with us, the fans and-I could get slated for this- sometimes I don't blame them. We are second in the league yet the amount of moaning in the ground on match days is embarrassing!

Sometimes I think "Our support is f@cking shit!! Our support is f@cking shit!!"

Sorry, rant over! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:54 pm

BIGBLOO VANE wrote:
Merlin wrote:

Agreed! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Welshpaul wrote:I'm amazed the amount of shit our players take from their own fans.

Paul,

Jon in my Opinion has got it virtually Spot on, most of the players dont give a f**k about the Fans and it shows.
But on the other hand we have a lot of fans who give them stick for NO REASON IN MY OPINION.
Perhaps if the players had a better Rapport with the Fans it would help both ways :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=36631 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Phew......I won't get slammed too much for my rant, just noticed Annis has said a similar sort of thing! :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:10 pm

Merlin wrote:

Fair play - one of your worst posts!

Jeeeeees..... :|

My point is the players dont owe us anything, i pay my £400 a year to watch football, not get clapped at.....just like the players probably think "i just come here to play football and not get abused by random people!"

Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:25 pm

I agree I f*cking hate it and really gets to me.

Some of the mongs at our club have ruined players careers. Tony Capaldi, Purse, Tony Warner to name just a few.

But then it can work both ways the players have to give and take

Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:27 pm

cs_original wrote:

I agree I f*cking hate it and really gets to me.

Some of the mongs at our club have ruined players careers. Tony Capaldi, Purse, Tony Warner to name just a few.

But then it can work both ways the players have to give and take

Think Rhys Weston is still in rehab!

Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:39 pm

Jon you are right here.

I think partly if not mostly to blame are the johnny come lately home supporters who are hoping to watch our team play at Chelsea Liverpool or man uniteds level every match. (since one of the three was their first club until Cardiff started doing well)

You won't see any of the tossers away. In that sense I think the fans at home need to improve before expecting the players to applaud us.
On the other hand or away support is second to none and the players hav alot to answer for, it's f*cking shockin at times for the amount of time and money our working class supporters spend following city away.the lack of appreciation for our noise and sheer numbers should be addressed- but my opinion is that should start with dave jones ,I know he's not an emotive character but he should show us more respect and slate any of the premadonna twats of players that walk straight down the tunnel like they did at boro earlier this season.

Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:54 pm

lugg89 wrote:Jon you are right here.

I think partly if not mostly to blame are the johnny come lately home supporters who are hoping to watch our team play at Chelsea Liverpool or man uniteds level every match. (since one of the three was their first club until Cardiff started doing well)

You won't see any of the tossers away. In that sense I think the fans at home need to improve before expecting the players to applaud us.
On the other hand or away support is second to none and the players hav alot to answer for, it's f*cking shockin at times for the amount of time and money our working class supporters spend following city away.the lack of appreciation for our noise and sheer numbers should be addressed- but my opinion is that should start with dave jones ,I know he's not an emotive character but he should show us more respect and slate any of the premadonna twats of players that walk straight down the tunnel like they did at boro earlier this season.

your not the only away cardiff supporter to say that to be fair, you make good points fair play

Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:03 pm

It does not surprise me one bit that there is a bit of friction or bad feeling between the players and fans, espicially when u get some fans shouting obscenities at our own players after 5 minutes of the kick off. Just because it was Scunthorpe I think some people feel that the teams only have to come out of the tunnel, then Scunthorpe will lye down and roll over for Cardiff to do what they like -------- a forgone conclusion then if you like!

Well these supporters need to wake up and realise that no fuckers gonna give anything away and nothing is for certain in football, Scunthorpe came to spoil us and did it well!!!

However frustrating it is to watch it doesn`t help when own supporters are calling players like Boothroyd a lazy c**t!!! Then wanting him to clap us after the game!! Would you clap someone if u was in work and one of your own called u that???

This City team is full of quality and currently 2nd in the league not 2nd bottom and won`t be far off top at the end of the season. Jay Boothroyd is without doubt the best striker in the league by far, evertyhing should be done by both fans and Directors to keep him happy and wanting to stay for the next 5 years or so!! I don`t think by calling him a lazy c**t helps mind

Although not always perfect THESE ARE GOOD TIMES FOR CARDIFF CITY