Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" FRIDAY 11th FEBRUARY 2011 UPDATE "

Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:30 pm

I am not claiming that everything I write in my updates are ' Exclusives ' and some of what you are about to read has been written elsewhere.

I can confirm that during the last transfer window City did make an approach to take Danny Gabbidon on a loan through to the end of the season. Danny wanted to return and had talks with DJ and said yes he will come but on deadline day West Ham would not allow the move and blocked it, terms had been agreed, I am told it was because West Ham did not get their transfer target that stopped the move. Dave Jones believed he was close to the signature of Danny Gabbidon and Danny Wilson and that he would get at least one of the players.

The team tomorrow is being kept back until a few players have faced late fitness tests, Aaron Ramsey is suffering from tendinitis and he will be assessed in the morning, also Peter Whittingham is doubtful because of a dead leg. Kevin McNaughton is expected to feature after suffering from a hamstring injury last week.

Because of the injury concerns a decision on Captain Craig Bellamy will be made tomorrow too, Bellamy is fit to play but DJ was hoping to rest Craig which will help with his training programme but if the injured players do not make it then Craig will play.

Tomorrow you will see the new electronic scoreboard that has been erected in the Canton Stand.

The club have appealed against the two charges brought against both the club and Craig Bellamy because of an incident following the final whistle against Reading last week. The club face a charge of failing to control it's players and Bellamy faces a charge of improper conduct.

Thomas Cook are running an advertising campaign through their partnership with the club and our players are featuring in a lot of the advertising, the main star of the adverts is Olofinjana and a question I would like to ask Oli is, out of all the places you could go with Thomas Cook why do you spend most of your time in Merthyr :D

Former Chairman, Peter Ridsdale has been relieved of his day to day duties at Plymouth and despite his recent claims will not be made Chairman of the pilgrims just yet. I am told that he has the task of bringing in investment but the everyday running of the club will be left to others. Also in another twist of fate, Ridsdale has put up for sale his 8 different private registration number plates.

I was delighted as were many City fans to see Darcy come on against Swansea and put in an excellent second half performance and even though he has played many times since going to Plymouth in various positions along the back and even in midfield, it is quite a turnaround for a kid who found himself close to being kicked out of the club because of his partying lifestyle and DJ gave him an opportunity to change by sending him out on loan. Thankfully it seems that it has paid off and credit must go to DJ for his part in straightening him out and to Darcy for getting his head down and working hard to prove he could change and he has done so.

Re: STICKY : " FRIDAY 11th FEBRUARY 2011 UPDATE "

Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:33 pm

Great update Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

What do you yourself think are the chances Ramsey will play tomorrow ?

Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:33 pm

Carl, any news on possible loan signings?

Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:34 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Great update Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

It is down to Arsenal, so it is a difficult one to answer.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:35 pm

wdb2721 wrote:Carl, any news on possible loan signings?

DJ is still trying to bring in a left sided centre half and a full back, as you can see from Gabbidon and Wilson both can play in both positions.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:37 pm

Cheers Carl, excellent update. Nothing wrong with Merthyr, a town steeped in history, great pubs there too.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:38 pm

carlccfc wrote:

DJ is still trying to bring in a left sided centre half and a full back, as you can see from Gabbidon and Wilson both can play in both positions.

Thanks Carl, lets do scunny tomorrow and not let the win against the jacks be in vain. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:38 pm

Cliff Jones wrote:Cheers Carl, excellent update. Nothing wrong with Merthyr, a town steeped in history, great pubs there too.

and some good looking women too ;)

Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:39 pm

carlccfc wrote:

So they get to make the final call whether he plays or not when he has an injury, or in this case, some tendonitis ?

Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:42 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

So they get to make the final call whether he plays or not when he has an injury, or in this case, some tendonitis ?

They do, Arsenal have someone there to watch him play and if he shines he goes straight after the month loan.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:43 pm

Cheers Carl. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: ...Riddler having to sell assets hey :lol: ...always been a great believer in Karma. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:44 pm

Cheers Carl.. Does the electronic scoreboard go into Double figures ;) Just in case DJ plays a 2-2-6 ;)

Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:46 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Cheers Carl.. Does the electronic scoreboard go into Double figures ;) Just in case DJ plays a 2-2-6 ;)

:lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:48 pm

nice one carl as always. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:49 pm

Cheers Carl brief but enough to create some pre match debating in the pub regarding team selection.....and of course the demise of a certain PR!
Bellamy for the bench IMO :ayatollah:

Hope we get Danny Wilson when the loan window reopens! :ayatollah:

DJ wanted to sell Darcy to Plymouth but couldnt because they were under a transfer embargo if i remember rightly. I love it when people give him credit for this type of thing !

Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:52 pm

davejones wrote:DJ wanted to sell Darcy to Plymouth but couldnt because they were under a transfer embargo if i remember rightly. I love it when people give him credit for this type of thing !

Well I am giving you credit Dave, I know you don't like the message boards but you did not want to sell Darcy and we both know it :D

Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:54 pm

Thanks once again Carl for a insight to what goes on in the clubs and for all the things we would never know about but for you. Dioch

Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:56 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:Thanks once again Carl for a insight to what goes on in the clubs and for all the things we would never know about but for you. Diolch

Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:03 pm

carlccfc wrote:

he wants to bring in 2 more defenders with what we got already? :lol: :lol:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:10 pm

Great update Carl, but me and you will be having words about one paragraph there :evil: :lol:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:13 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:Great update Carl, but me and you will be having words about one paragraph there :evil: :lol:

:lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:36 pm

Great again carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:34 pm

carl has the dabby wilson move gone dead?

Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:50 pm

nice one fella, good to hear pete's doing well... :lol: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:07 am

Another enlightening update for us mortals....

Cheers Carl....you de man!!!!

:ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol:
:lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:32 am

Cheers Carl for Keeping us all updated as Usual :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:17 am

Marc wrote:Cheers Carl. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: ...Riddler having to sell assets hey :lol: ...always been a great believer in Karma. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Nice one :lol: :lol:

Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:02 am

Interesting that PR has so many personalised number plates, I bet he still keeps Conman 1 though :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As someone who knows Darcy Blake it annoys me when DJ takes credit for the apparent improvement in his attitude or application. Darcy has he faults, who doesn't, but DJ has shown him little respect from a time a few years ago now when he missed a challenge whilst playing in midfield against West Brom. It is a fact that DJ hardly spoke to the lad afterwards treating him a little like Adam Matthews at the moment and Darcy was not surprised when he was offered the loan at Plymouth.

In fairness to Darcy he took the loan with open arms because the lad has only ever wanted to be a professional footballer, his absolute dream is to play for the Bluebirds, but when that looked to be over he took the move to Plymouth. DJ was looking to sell him to Plymouth and if they didn't have the transfer embargo he would have been gone make no mistake about that.

Because of the embargo Darcy returned to Cardiff and the only reason he stayed was because of our own transfer embargo and he had to wait until DJ had absolutely no one else to play before he got his chance. The result was Darcy proved to be a revelation and the partnership he formed with Anthony Gerrard went a long way to us reaching the playoffs.

Despite that neither became an automatic choice this season AG was shipped out, why?, and Darcy has become nothing but a squad player filling in a number of positions when needed. What Darcy proved again on Sunday is that he should be ahead of Lee Naylor in the squad, but for Lee suffering illness on Sunday Darcy wouldn't even have made the squad. Why? look no further than DJ, so rather than give him credit for Darcy IMO we as fans should be accusing him for not making better use of a fine young player.

Lets face it we have another fine young player in Adam Matthews who is getting the DJ treatment suffered by Darcy and again IMO that hardly covers DJ with credit, does it! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: