Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

LEE EVANS AT GLEE CLUB TONIGHT

Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:40 am

Great show, he is in the middle of writing and putting one of his massive tours together and used the Glee club to test out his new material.
Well the whole thing was better than a full blown well put together show, it was really intimate and you felt like a genuine part of the whole exercise.

Something he told us tonight was that of all the tours he's ever done they have all been put together and tried out at the Cardiff Glee club first, he reckons the Welsh audience tell him truthfully how it is and he can gauge the reactions to see what will be successful.

What a night, roll on John Bishop at the C.I.A. next Wednesday.

Re: LEE EVANS AT GLEE CLUB TONIGHT

Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:42 am

lee evans is brillaint, saw him live in cardiff last year.

saw jimmy carr a few weeks back, he was even better. (aslong as hes your type of humour) :lol:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:45 am

I've seen Lee Evans live on tour, but this was so different, can't put it into words, felt a part of it. 8-)

Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:54 am

I saw him live a few year ago.

I didnt really enjoy it.

Ricky Gervais is the best I've seen.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:08 am

milly44 wrote:saw jimmy carr a few weeks back, he was even better. (aslong as hes your type of humour) :lol:

Tried to get tickets for his show in April, they've sold out already :cry: Would've been the best birthday present!

Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:14 am

Dammit! I really wanted to go to one of his tester gigs at Glee Club. Maybe I'll catch him next time. Love comedy but prefer it when they have a warm up act or two. My girlfriend and I went to see Russell Howard the other week but because it was just him for 2 hours I got a bit bored of the humour. I prefer the comedy styles mixed up over a few hours which is why Glee Club is great.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:28 am

do you think we'll get him on a loan deal.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:29 am

Why would Jonesy sign him? He's never been off on the sick for an extended period of time! :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:54 am

Well he produces a lot more sweat tha Bothroyd. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:09 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Great show, he is in the middle of writing and putting one of his massive tours together and used the Glee club to test out his new material.
Well the whole thing was better than a full blown well put together show, it was really intimate and you felt like a genuine part of the whole exercise.

Something he told us tonight was that of all the tours he's ever done they have all been put together and tried out at the Cardiff Glee club first, he reckons the Welsh audience tell him truthfully how it is and he can gauge the reactions to see what will be successful.

What a night, roll on John Bishop at the C.I.A. next Wednesday.

Going tonight Gwyn cant wait :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:00 pm

i got my tickets for november cant wait :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:15 pm

Karl wrote:I saw him live a few year ago.

I didnt really enjoy it.

Totaly Agree, Seen Lee Evans a few times, he's pretty good but I think he's had his best and his style is not that funny any more. Now, Ricky Gervais, The funniest man alive, Genius.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:29 pm

im going 2nite :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:37 pm

Kanester wrote:
Karl wrote:I saw him live a few year ago.

I didnt really enjoy it.

Totaly Agree, Seen Lee Evans a few times, he's pretty good but I think he's had his best and his style is not that funny any more. Now, Ricky Gervais, The funniest man alive, Genius.

Yeah. I used to crack up watching Lee's old DVD's. Not so much at his newer stuff.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:11 pm

Lee Evans is the most over rated comic ever.
His comedy is desperate. He just says things in an animated way and people laugh out of pity. If you actually listen to what he says it`s absolute tripe.
Gervais is quality.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:57 pm

BigGwynram wrote:I've seen Lee Evans live on tour, but this was so different, can't put it into words, felt a part of it. 8-)

My sister went to see him at the Glee club before his XL tour and said he was amazing so we all went to the CIA to see it, I thought it was average but ive never been his biggest fan but my sister was very dissapointed she said it was so much better in the glee club, like you said Gwyn she said it was more personal.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:26 pm

I have tix to go and see him on the 19th March. I can't wait!

How long does he do on these warm up tours? He has 3 support according to glee website so I can't see him doing very long himself. Hope he does though. Saw him on his last tour in CIA and he was on for AGES...which I loved.

Anyone know how long his sets last on a warm up tour?

Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:20 pm

dwaynej84 wrote:I have tix to go and see him on the 19th March. I can't wait!

How long does he do on these warm up tours? He has 3 support according to glee website so I can't see him doing very long himself. Hope he does though. Saw him on his last tour in CIA and he was on for AGES...which I loved.

Anyone know how long his sets last on a warm up tour?

When i saw him a couple of weeks ago he was on about an hour in total, Very funny night you also have a compere who tells jokes as well as introducing the acts he was Andy Robinson a brummie who was good, First on was Jared Christmas then Lee Evans then Mick Ferry top of the bill.

Doors open 7.15pm left there about 12.15am, Bar stays open til at least 1am with music.
All in all i would recommend the Glee club to anyone it was a great night. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Have a good night, 4 pint jugs sang miguel £14 :D

Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:38 pm

Yeah Bowmonster, can't praise the Glee Club enough. I don't really have any mates who enjoy it and my girlfriend is partial to it but only once in a while. I'd go every week if I could afford it though. Nothing better than a comedian who has you almost wetting yourself with laughter. I remember one time I actually had to leave because I was in pain and thought I was going to piss my pants. I think that was for Terry Alderton. I don't even usually find him funny but that night he completely winged it with random abuse at the front row and it was hilarious.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:51 pm

Zabier wrote:Yeah Bowmonster, can't praise the Glee Club enough. I don't really have any mates who enjoy it and my girlfriend is partial to it but only once in a while. I'd go every week if I could afford it though. Nothing better than a comedian who has you almost wetting yourself with laughter. I remember one time I actually had to leave because I was in pain and thought I was going to piss my pants. I think that was for Terry Alderton. I don't even usually find him funny but that night he completely winged it with random abuse at the front row and it was hilarious.

Zabier, Terry Alderton is there soon on his own, I have seen him on live at the apollo and he seems funny.I sat 3 rows from the front for the Lee Evans gig and it is so intimate and the atmosphere is superb there. I would go every week as well i think it is that good a night out.
Perhaps we should have a forum night out down there sometime soon. :D :ayatollah:
Lee

Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:06 pm

Bowmonster wrote:
Zabier wrote:Yeah Bowmonster, can't praise the Glee Club enough. I don't really have any mates who enjoy it and my girlfriend is partial to it but only once in a while. I'd go every week if I could afford it though. Nothing better than a comedian who has you almost wetting yourself with laughter. I remember one time I actually had to leave because I was in pain and thought I was going to piss my pants. I think that was for Terry Alderton. I don't even usually find him funny but that night he completely winged it with random abuse at the front row and it was hilarious.

Zabier, Terry Alderton is there soon on his own, I have seen him on live at the apollo and he seems funny.I sat 3 rows from the front for the Lee Evans gig and it is so intimate and the atmosphere is superb there. I would go every week as well i think it is that good a night out.
Perhaps we should have a forum night out down there sometime soon. :D :ayatollah:
Lee

That's a great idea. I'll have to check out Terry Alderton again. He's kind of like a mental and more flexible Al Murray I guess! Cheers for the heads up mate. :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:28 pm

Thanks guys...just the info I wanted!!

Roll on the 19th :lol: