Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

In all fairness

Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:09 pm

Although we won and i had a decent bet on us as i really fancied us to win.We left it late to score and in fairness to swansea they do make it difficult for sides to score agains them

Re: In all fairness

Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:17 pm

john52 wrote:Although we won and i had a decent bet on us as i really fancied us to win.We left it late to score and in fairness to swansea they do make it difficult for sides to score agains them

We had quite a few chances today. We should have taken the lead after 90 seconds. The first half we dominated with good passing football, Oli was immense, and we forced an excellent save from De Vries. Everyone at the ground today felt we should have been at least one up at half time specially as we restricted them to hardly any chances to score.

In the second half it was very much the same and it was only our finishing that let us down until Bellamy did something about that. Their substitutes seemed to make a change as they started to look a bit more dangerous but their best chances came from breakaways specially that Sinclair. Even so we managed to restrict them to long shots that never troubled Heaton.

I would say any honest Jack will say that we have been the best team to play against them at the Liberty. We created more chances than any other team and should have scored more. The only negative today is that our finishing let us down.

Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:24 pm

Yes what u said is very true and before the game i kept saying that we have to beat sides like Swansea ifg we are real contenders Before the game i was convinced we would win as i realy believe we are a much better sideHowever we are supposed to be one of the better sides in this division and our strike force are again supposed to be one of the best .Therefore you can see that other sides going ther might well struggle to score as i do not think they would create chances like we did or play like we did

Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:37 pm

Did Heaton make a single save? I can't remember one and that speaks volumes for me!

WE JUST BEAT THE jacks, WE JUST BEAT THE jacks, WE JUST BEAT THE, WE JUST BEAT THE, WE JUST BEAT THE jacks!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:41 pm

Heaton did not have to make one single save but he did have to come off his line to smouther the ball once or twice. He had a very good game considering he made no save if you know what I mean.