Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Could we actually have a back 4 now???????

Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:54 pm

Early days I know but the starting back 4 today looked very solid. Tough game for Keinan to be thrown in to but he looked good(apart from going over easily twice!). The other obvious benefit is Super Kev moving to left back! Like I said, I know it's early days but it looks a whole lot better doesn't it?

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Could we actually have a back 4 now???????

Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:11 pm

I think DJ needs to tell him to stop that now ......Jay will be jealous ! :lol: :lol:

Only joking !!

Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:14 pm

Completey agree, imagine if we had Naylor playing today.. we would've lost easily by the amount of times they went down the left! :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:17 pm

i've got my pick n shovel! wrote:Early days I know but the starting back 4 today looked very solid. Tough game for Keinan to be thrown in to but he looked good(apart from going over easily twice!). The other obvious benefit is Super Kev moving to left back! Like I said, I know it's early days but it looks a whole lot better doesn't it?

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Its looking - thats all I can say, amazing how one weak link exposes the whole back four, and when you fill that link how solid it looks. I fely calm with Keinan at the back today.

Only one game as you said but looking v good! Hope this is the back 4 that takes us to automatic playoff spot. Not bad either clean sheet for the new back 4 ! Great start!

Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:10 pm

I would say yes & only yes if DJ does not tinker with that back 4. Someone wrote on hear earlier that Naylor was suffering from a bug, personally I don't buy that I think he was just saving the lads blushes after being bombed out.

Your defence looked quality today, yes at times Sinclair could of scored but that was more through his endeavour than any defensive mistakes & of course he would trouble the best of defences. You reminded me of our defence on Friday, just really digging in as a unit & of course that was your first clean sheet of the year.

You are a big threat now to those in the mix if this defence performs as it did today. We all know what you are capable of going forward but your defence was always the way to hurt you. That could all change now.

Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:19 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:I would say yes & only yes if DJ does not tinker with that back 4. Someone wrote on hear earlier that Naylor was suffering from a bug, personally I don't buy that I think he was just saving the lads blushes after being bombed out.

Your defence looked quality today, yes at times Sinclair could of scored but that was more through his endeavour than any defensive mistakes & of course he would trouble the best of defences. You reminded me of our defence on Friday, just really digging in as a unit & of course that was your first clean sheet of the year.

You are a big threat now to those in the mix if this defence performs as it did today. We all know what you are capable of going forward but your defence was always the way to hurt you. That could all change now.

Cheers Stan, you're right, reckon DJ was sparing Naylor's blushes by saying he had a bug. Surely he wont tinker with the back 4 after this performance. I've got a real dilemma this week, do I want you boys to win or get beat next week?? :lol:

My ambitious side wants Forest to win, so it'll be a bit of a 3 horse race but I'd be lying if I said Forest losing would be a disaster! The best outcome I can think of is 0-0 and a mass 22 man brawl, resulting in you both being docked points! :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, you boys will take some catching, but it could be fun trying! ;)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:19 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:I would say yes & only yes if DJ does not tinker with that back 4. Someone wrote on hear earlier that Naylor was suffering from a bug, personally I don't buy that I think he was just saving the lads blushes after being bombed out.

Possible one of the games of the season if we played like we did today and you friday :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:21 pm

Naylor won't play again.

Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:22 pm

Damned Yank wrote:Naylor won't play again.

Hope you are right! :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:29 pm

i've got my pick n shovel! wrote:

Cheers Stan, you're right, reckon DJ was sparing Naylor's blushes by saying he had a bug. Surely he wont tinker with the back 4 after this performance. I've got a real dilemma this week, do I want you boys to win or get beat next week?? :lol:

My ambitious side wants Forest to win, so it'll be a bit of a 3 horse race but I'd be lying if I said Forest losing would be a disaster! The best outcome I can think of is 0-0 and a mass 22 man brawl, resulting in you both being docked points! :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, you boys will take some catching, but it could be fun trying! ;)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:D :D :D :D :D :D