Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Player Ratings

Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:24 pm

Heaton 7. Had little to do but handling was good
Quinn 6. Should have scored twice, took Sinclair out but distribution was suspect
Naughts 7. Shame he went off. Quality player.
Hudson 9. Immense. My only criticism is that he sometimes backs off when players run at him.
Keinan 7. Good solid debut.
Oli 8. Immense-won lots in midfield.
Whitts 6. Average.
Ramsey 8. Hope he stays the season.
Bellers 8. Great goal and non stop running.
Chops 7. Got in JBs faces.
Bothroyd 7. Good touches. Should have scored.

Subs
Blake 8. Did really well and had he scored......
JET 7. Did well. Pass set up goal.
Burke 7. Good running.

Re: Player Ratings

Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:27 pm

i'd agree with that gareth, if we could work as hard as that every game we would piss promotion i thought every city player was superb today lets keep it going lads :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:52 pm

Harsh on Quinn. Kept their most dangerous player quiet for pretty much the whole game. He's a defender first and foremost, and he did it well today.

Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:52 pm

Buzzing Chief agreed :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:59 pm

SteW wrote:Harsh on Quinn. Kept their most dangerous player quiet for pretty much the whole game. He's a defender first and foremost, and he did it well today.

f**k it. They all deserve a 10..... :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:00 pm

Yeah, I'd agree with those except give Quinn a 7 instead of a 6.

Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:12 pm

Gareth, I personally feel you a little harsh on Quinn

When you rate Quinn I think you need to take into account he was in direct opposition to by far swansea's best player - Sinclair, who also has lot of pace on his side.

I thought he did a great job in his primary role of keeping him quiet for the majority of the day, and was even prepared to fall on his own sword as such and commit a professional foul and take a booking for the team..

In my mind we could have done with a lot more of this throughout the season...

Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:19 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Heaton 7. Had little to do but handling was good
Quinn 6. Should have scored twice, took Sinclair out but distribution was suspect
Naughts 7. Shame he went off. Quality player.
Hudson 9. Immense. My only criticism is that he sometimes backs off when players run at him.
Keinan 7. Good solid debut.
Oli 8. Immense-won lots in midfield.
Whitts 6. Average.
Ramsey 8. Hope he stays the season.
Bellers 8. Great goal and non stop running.
Chops 7. Got in JBs faces.
Bothroyd 7. Good touches. Should have scored.

Subs
Blake 8. Did really well and had he scored......
JET 7. Did well. Pass set up goal.
Burke 7. Good running.

Pretty much agree, but would give Bellamy a 7. Great goal, but by far one of his least effective games. He'l rip Scunny apart on weekend though i'd imagine :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:19 pm

birdy wrote:Gareth, I personally feel you a little harsh on Quinn

When you rate Quinn I think you need to take into account he was in direct opposition to by far swansea's best player - Sinclair, who also has lot of pace on his side.

I thought he did a great job in his primary role of keeping him quiet for the majority of the day, and was even prepared to fall on his own sword as such and commit a professional foul and take a booking for the team..

In my mind we could have done with a lot more of this throughout the season...

Maybe i am-in 1st half Sinclair didnt get a touch which is down to Quinny. 2nd half Sinclair got away 2 or 3 times.

Who cares though the result was great.

Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:23 pm

Gareth, your absolutely right.

You are never going to keep a player as good as Sinclair (especially as he has real pace) out of the game completely...but Quinn did fantastically well

and your right at the end of the day - who cares

all that matters / and will be remembered is Bellamy's wonder goal and the result..

let's hope we can put Scunthorpe and Burnley to the sword in the next 10 days - to make this result really count in the long run

Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:48 pm

fully agree with them ratings there mate, spot on :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:10 pm

Agree with 99% of the above, but i think chops and jay did a stunning job on tate, williams ect, in thier face pushing to the limit, i thought tate second half was playing a very cautious game, Britton was no where.. job done well done :ayatollah: :ayatollah: