Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sentences after Chelsea etc appeals?

Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:11 pm

Seeing as these are so severe is there no way to appeal these on mass, ie to European Court of Human rights? Others as we know seem to be able to do it!
apologies if it sounds daft and I am not taking the piss - but there is no way any law agency / justice system can set up a one off set of rules for this incient? Surely they have to look at other previous such cases etc and fit to suit!?

Yes if guilty have a punishment but one that fits, not suits as these seem to be. Is there anyone who could offer advice etc on this?

I would like to send my best wishes to the lads and all their families, keep chins up and where possible stick together!

Re: Sentences after Chelsea etc appeals?

Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:13 pm

The problem is it takes so long to Appeal.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:19 pm

They really have wrapped this up Annis - but will it set a precident! Will any social disorder follow this route? me thinks not!
People should look at Civil suits against the MET for the way they policed that day.
Feel for all involved - keep the fait lads, hopefully tomorrow can give youa lift

Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:00 am

I was speaking to one of the boys mothers yesterday and she told me that his barrister told her that he won't be able to appeal not sure why?

Spoke to my barrister Friday and he wasn't shocked by the length of the sentences. To be fair the one lad I know was told he could get 18 months and he ended up with 12. Don't think I am agreeing with the length of the sentences here cos I am not especially when you compare them to other crimes. But it was what we were told at start of the case. That's why not guilty all the way! Why walk into a prison cell?

Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:30 pm

Splottoman wrote:I was speaking to one of the boys mothers yesterday and she told me that his barrister told her that he won't be able to appeal not sure why?

Spoke to my barrister Friday and he wasn't shocked by the length of the sentences. To be fair the one lad I know was told he could get 18 months and he ended up with 12. Don't think I am agreeing with the length of the sentences here cos I am not especially when you compare them to other crimes. But it was what we were told at start of the case. That's why not guilty all the way! Why walk into a prison cell?

If you plead guilty, then whats to appeal?? You've admitted you did it!!

The judge cannot invent a sentence. He works to the guidelines available.
In these cases you can be sure he was given the nudge from up on high to
hit our lads hard.

f*cking wankers!!