Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Those of you that see a ray of sunshine...

Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:00 pm

peering from the arse of a clueless scouser.

Do you think Jones taking us to the play offs and no doubt choking again will be good enough given the squad he has and the wages he is paid?

Whilst I agree he has done well at times at the club, is he just not very lucky to still have a job for last 2 years?

Some of you seem to give him as much time as Lee Naylor would an attacking one legged blind right winger

Just I honestly think anything other than top 2 is not good enough

Re: Those of you that see a ray of sunshine...

Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:22 pm

Firstly I don't think there's anyone in this division with a god given right to be in the top two.

I also think that it's a bit of a paradox regarding the squad and Dave Jones. If Dave Jones had left the club two years ago like you suggest then the squad we've got now would be vastly different because the new manager would have wanted his own players in as they always tend to do. Fact is Dave Jones has done massively well to get these players in without spending money.

No other manger would have done it and he he was replaced two years ago chances are we'd have a much weaker squad. We'd be mid table with a manager blaming the previous one and asking for more time to get his own squad etc etc.

At least with Dave Jones we do have a squad that can challenge for the top two. Unfortunately this division isn't that easy and there are other squads also capable of challenging in their own right. They are not going to lay down for us and their fans are also believing they should be top two as well.