Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Rugby rip off?

Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:22 pm

I notice in the Mill Stad yesterday the WRU had a horn player knocking out the odd tune. Good on them for trying to lift the atmosphere but every now and then he'd blow that little Olé tune that they do in the Nou Camp. Not that the Welsh rugby fans knew what it was mind (they don't do the Olé thing at Old Traffod).

Now like I said well done for making an effort on atmosphere building but do they have to rip off Barcelona? Lets face it, they are not football, they are not Barcelona, they are not even Spanish. Now I can understand the rugby looking wistfully towards proper sports but come on WRU, get your own little ditties to blow and leave the football alone.

Re: Rugby rip off?

Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:25 pm

It's pathetic how this is even an issue.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:27 pm

How is it a rip off?

Its a fan in the stadium playing a trumpet.

It hasn't caught on much over here but has been big in the french rugby games for years.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:33 pm

adr wrote:How is it a rip off?

It hasn't caught on much over here but has been big in the french rugby games for years.

I've been told he's put there by the WRU rather than being just a random fan. So yes it would be a f**king rip off. What the f**k has Olé got to to with Welsh rugby if it's not a rip off? The French play their tunes but at least they play their own not other peoples.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:35 pm

MyNameIsAled wrote:It's pathetic how this is even an issue.

So have you got anything to add to the thread or do you just want to snipe?

Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:35 pm

Berwyn wrote:

I've been told he's put there by the WRU rather than being just a random fan. So yes it would be a f**king rip off. What the f**k has Olé got to to with Welsh rugby if it's not a rip off? The French play their tunes but at least they play their own not other peoples.

Im sure there's songs we sing or the announcer plays at our games that were heard somewhere else first. Does that mean we a ripping off others? whats the problem.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:38 pm

adr wrote:
Berwyn wrote:

Im sure there's songs we sing or the announcer plays at our games that were heard somewhere else first. Does that mean we a ripping off others? whats the problem.

I get it, you are bored and just looking for an argument. Bye for now.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:49 pm

Out of interest who exactly told you he is to do with the WRU?

Also I dont think you should be getting on a moral high horse and someone for having a pop when you had the childish man utd comment in the opening message.

In short

Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:56 pm

Im not lookling for an argument. I just don't understand what point you are trying to make with this topic. They were also singing Delilah at the stadium yesterday. Does Tom know they are ripping him off?

Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:57 pm

Mike_Blue wrote:Out of interest who exactly told you he is to do with the WRU?

Also I dont think you should be getting on a moral high horse and someone for having a pop when you had the childish man utd comment in the opening message.

In short

I know lots of people at the WRU.
I'm not on any moral high ground.
The Man U comment was "humour" although if the cap fits. Most Welsh rugby that I know are actualy Man U fans.
I have no idea what that thing at the bottom of your post is all about.

Strange that! Adr logs off and then someone else logs on who's looking for an argument.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:59 pm

Im not the same person if that is what you are trying to put together there.

I just dont see what you are trying to get at here? It just seems a very poor clinging on to anything attempt to slate rugby, we say the Jacks are obsessed with us as we are a big brother. You start to wonder why city fans are so bitter about Rugby then though....

Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:00 pm

Berwyn wrote:
Mike_Blue wrote:Out of interest who exactly told you he is to do with the WRU?

In short

I know lots of people at the WRU.
I'm not on any moral high ground.
The Man U comment was "humour" although if the cap fits. Most Welsh rugby that I know are actualy Man U fans.
I have no idea what that thing at the bottom of your post is all about.

Strange that! Adr logs off and then someone else logs on who's looking for an argument.

I havent logged off at all. Isn't it possible for 2 people to dissagree with your comments?

Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:02 pm

Mike_Blue wrote:Im not the same person if that is what you are trying to put together there.

I just dont see what you are trying to get at here? It just seems a very poor clinging on to anything attempt to slate rugby, we say the Jacks are obsessed with us as we are a big brother. You start to wonder why city fans are so bitter about Rugby then though....

Okay, whatever. Before I post anything will it be okay if I run it past you first? I'm not in the mood for petty arguments today.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:12 pm

Jump on that high horse and trot off then.

Really have no idea what this thread was about :lol:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:24 pm

Mike_Blue wrote:Jump on that high horse and trot off then.

Really have no idea what this thread was about :lol:

Why post in it then? Judging by your posts here you've not added anything other than to snipe at my posts. Nothing constructive, just snipping from you.