Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Chelsea v Cardiff 2010 will be known as.......

Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:53 am

The game which ended football hooliganism in Britain.

After reading Corkys earlier post, saying a total of 300 yrs could be handed out, It seems to be this has been a set up since the draw was made. No segregation, nobody kept in after game, large numbers from both sides allowed to gather, is exactly what they wanted and this game was targeted as being the one to deter other club's fans from future F.V.

In the last cpl seasons F.V. has been on the increase and unfortunately they targeted this game to show the rest of the U.K. it wont be tolerated, and go back to the old days. Anyone of the majority of us could have been pulled along with the lads who were, because some of the charges they faced were simply ludicrous. :cry: :cry:

Its been a real eye opener for me, and I'm sure others, the determination of the Met to nail both sets of fans. We need to be very careful out there in future if the likes of gesturing are deemed to be criminal offences.

Feel for the lads who are victims of this set-up..............Keep the faith all

Re: Chelsea v Cardiff 2010 will be known as.......

Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:56 am

BEEP AHM wrote:The game which ended football hooliganism in Britain.

After reading Corkys earlier post, saying a total of 300 yrs could be handed out, It seems to be this has been a set up since the draw was made. No segregation, nobody kept in after game, large numbers from both sides allowed to gather, is exactly what they wanted and this game was targeted as being the one to deter other club's fans from future F.V.

In the last cpl seasons F.V. has been on the increase and unfortunately they targeted this game to show the rest of the U.K. it wont be tolerated, and go back to the old days. Anyone of the majority of us could have been pulled along with the lads who were, because some of the charges they faced were simply ludicrous. :cry: :cry:

Its been a real eye opener for me, and I'm sure others, the determination of the Met to nail both sets of fans. We need to be very careful out there in future if the likes of gesturing are deemed to be criminal offences.

Feel for the lads who are victims of this set-up..............Keep the faith all

I think you Might be right, I always thought STOKE 2000 Was, But I was wrong.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:07 pm

This may sadly be true but what they don't seem to understand that it never went away. It has always been there especially in the lower divisions. Some of the worst violence is in the lower leagues might not be large scale but you'll see more toe to toe action cos it just gets swept under the carpet as long as it doesn't affect the premier league! That's why Stoke wasn't the big one cos it was teams from the lower leagues.

Having said that it's surprising how much goes on in the PL and you just don't hear about it. I remember hearing about Chelsea getting attacked by a load of yids with bats etc. That never made the news.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:23 pm

I think the sentences dished out justify the time and expense spent by the MET in investigating it rather than the level of crime committed. If they only put as much effort into preventing it as investigating the aftermath, it would be a completely different story.

Because of some high profile Chelsea names involved, the spot light was always going to be focussed on the case. The conviction of anyone involved is considered a big result for the MET no matter how petty the actual crime, all are tarred with the same brush. Seeing some of the young first time offenders sent down this week has made me feel physically sick. No totally blameless, but not bad people, just bad luck, wrong place, wrong time.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:33 pm

I think the sentences dished out justify the time and expense spent by the MET in investigating it rather than the level of crime committed. If they only put as much effort into preventing it as investigating the aftermath, it would be a completely different story.

Because of some high profile Chelsea names involved, the spot light was always going to be focussed on the case. The conviction of anyone involved is considered a big result for the MET no matter how petty the actual crime, all are tarred with the same brush. Seeing some of the young first time offenders sent down this week has made me feel physically sick. No totally blameless, but not bad people, just bad luck, wrong place, wrong time.

I dont think it should have anything to do with it how long they spend on the case investigating it. That to me is totally irrelevant. If you look at it from the point of view of a murder case, some bloke kills his kids wife and parents stone cold guilty hardly no time spent on investigation does that mean that he should have a lesser sentence than someone who took 3 years to find guilty?

Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:40 pm

It will be interesting to see what sentences those involved in the recent student riots will get. That was a real premediated riot with violence against plod and extensive damage to property as opposed to the handbags that went on at Chelsea.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:45 pm

Splottoman wrote:

I dont think it should have anything to do with it how long they spend on the case investigating it. That to me is totally irrelevant. If you look at it from the point of view of a murder case, some bloke kills his kids wife and parents stone cold guilty hardly no time spent on investigation does that mean that he should have a lesser sentence than someone who took 3 years to find guilty?

Totally agree with you, very unfair and not justified. But that's how they try to justify spending a countless amount of hours and money trying to convict someone for throwing a traffic cone.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:49 pm

BEEP AHM wrote:The game which ended football hooliganism in Britain.

They may have more than football in mind, Student protests, G20 summit etc?

As the economic cuts begin to bite it might also be a warning to anyone thinking of a protest.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:00 pm

Totally agree with you, very unfair and not justified. But that's how they try to justify spending a countless amount of hours and money trying to convict someone for throwing a traffic cone.

It is very sad! The one incident that really gets me is that student throwing the fire extinguisher from what looked like a 6 story building and he gets 18 months. What commitments did he have? Kids I doubt it, mortgage still at home with mamma or in digs paying f**k all! That had the likelyhood of killing someone I don't know how many people could throw a traffic cone hard enough to kill someone. I honesltly hate the way this country is going!