Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WhY QPR WILL BE PROMOTED AND NOT CITY

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:00 pm

Because they have lots of passion and character in their team,after all,they can and do win games when they've scored just one goal something that we are incapable of doing.It's sad going to the Liberty on sunday knowing that the only way we can win is if we score first,that says it all about the "type"of player we sign.We think that we are better than we really are,it just goes to show that team spirit is always better than a team of individuals!

Re: WhY QPR WILL BE PROMOTED AND NOT CITY

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:06 pm

at the rate were going we wont make the play offs not blaming just our defence we dont defend as ateam

Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:05 pm

QPR sign Routledge he has earned them 6pts already = QPR Go up
City do not sign Routledge or a LB or a defensive midfielder = City miss out yet again I fear :cry: :cry:
:ayatollah: :cry: :cry:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:55 am

Two main reasons-

1.They have a defence
2.They have a quality manager

Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:59 am

They also have the ability to win 1-0 regulaly even if they haven't played that well. We can dominate teams - Preston in partuclar and scrape a 1-1 in the last minute and they can get one chance and finish it. That means two things - our defence concedes too many goals, yes we all know that, but also that our strikers are not clinical enough when the chances do come.

At the start of the season, we were needing mostly two goals to win, but in the last two games we have had to score at least two per game to get anything from them - thats putting us under so much self inflicted pressure that we make mistakes.

Last night, even with ten men, QPR never looked like conceding in the second half and the main reason was because they cut off the supply to Kebe which was something we failed totally to do three days before and shored up the midfield to keep possession. They had one chance and they took it - three points and Prem here we come. Its happened time and again for them this season. I thought previously that they were just lucky, but the truth is that they are a well organized, difficult to beat side that work hard for each other and don't make schoolboy errors when under pressure. Thats another difference between us - when the pressure is on us, we tend to cave in and something always gives.

Its increasing likely that we are now playing for one auto spot and I'm not sure we have the mindset to achieve it. I seriously hope I'm wrong and that we go on and show everyone in the league that we do have the mental toughness to get there.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:46 am

Two main reasons-

1.They have a defence
2.They have a quality manager

Exactly another clean sheet for QPR

Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:22 am

They also managed to beat Reading away from home with 10 men. We struggled to draw with Reading at home with a fully fit rested squad and thats why they are top and will now walk this league.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:24 am

Blue Steel wrote:Because they have lots of passion and character in their team,after all,they can and do win games when they've scored just one goal something that we are incapable of doing.It's sad going to the Liberty on sunday knowing that the only way we can win is if we score first,that says it all about the "type"of player we sign.We think that we are better than we really are,it just goes to show that team spirit is always better than a team of individuals!

Well Said!! I agree on that post :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:49 pm

They've got Paddy Kenny and we've got Marshall & Heaton, enough said !

Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:56 pm

QPR, goals conceded away from home 8 in 15 games!