Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The club NOT spending money upfront on Routledge............

Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:46 pm

Looks very costly.

he is playing well and scoring WINNING goals.

because of our dodgy past no one trusts us.

QPR get him on loan from right under our noses AGAIN

Re: The club NOT spending money upfront on Routledge............

Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:50 pm

to be honest routledge would have been a great signing but our problem is leaking goals we need to score 3 to win at the minute a left back was our priority

Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:57 pm

the blue path wrote:to be honest routledge would have been a great signing but our problem is leaking goals we need to score 3 to win at the minute a left back was our priority

agree our defense needs sorting.

but to go up we should have invested in the good players. Not only to play well for US but to stop playing for our RIVALS.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:01 am

so you mean the chris burke song is a load of rubbish then ?

Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:08 am

I prefer burkie when hes on top form tbh. Tracks back, unlike routledge and HES NOT A GREEDY B*****D !!

....that boy chris burke
makes routledge look SHITE!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:11 am

NLCCFC wrote:I prefer burkie when hes on top form tbh. Tracks back, unlike routledge and HES NOT A GREEDY B*****D !!

....that boy chris burke

Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:15 am

NLCCFC wrote:I prefer burkie when hes on top form tbh. Tracks back, unlike routledge and HES NOT A GREEDY B*****D !!

....that boy chris burke

Routledge on a different level to burkie imo

Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:20 am

C-MOB wrote:

....that boy chris burke

:lol: :lol: good one, i would of liked him here so we could have him and burkie on the wings. Did you go to the game yday mate? :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:24 am

haha I was only playing pal.

No didn't go, it was my son's 4th Birthday so would of been a bit of a liberty to shoot off as he wanted me to play with all his new toys with him so watched on the box.

I agree what you say though Burke & Routs would be devastating on the wings. As many have said before though & as an outsider your defence is your Achilles heel. Can't get my head round why you didn't bring in an experienced campaigner to shore up your back line. If you did that you would be flying. It was strange really that DJ neglected that position.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:30 am

C-MOB wrote:haha I was only playing pal.

No didn't go, it was my son's 4th Birthday so would of been a bit of a liberty to shoot off as he wanted me to play with all his new toys with him so watched on the box.

I agree what you say though Burke & Routs would be devastating on the wings. As many have said before though & as an outsider your defence is your Achilles heel. Can't get my head round why you didn't bring in an experienced campaigner to shore up your back line. If you did that you would be flying. It was strange really that DJ neglected that position.

Ah nice one, hope he had a good day!
I was hoping last day of the window he was gonna bring a left back in. We just dont seem to have options there, only mcnaughton and hudson have played well and quinn has done ok since coming back.

Tbh id take clint hill over lee naylor any day of the week for his defensive qualities
:ayatollah:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:42 am

NLCCFC wrote:
C-MOB wrote:haha I was only playing pal.

Ah nice one, hope he had a good day!
I was hoping last day of the window he was gonna bring a left back in. We just dont seem to have options there, only mcnaughton and hudson have played well and quinn has done ok since coming back.

Tbh id take clint hill over lee naylor any day of the week for his defensive qualities
:ayatollah:

NLCCFC...He had a great day, thanks pal.

When I heard Warnock was signing Clint Hill & Derry I thought it was some kind of joke, many of us did but hey what do we know eh! Going forward you have goals all over the place your front line is a Premiership one so I cannot understand why he brought in a Blackpool reserve player, that is not the answer to your problems obviously.

With regards to Naylor I honestly think DJ rates him highly so felt no need to look elsewhere, what other explanation is there? At QPR we were clearly trying to exploit your LB position which I imagine most teams do.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:55 am

Ahh great to hear!

I thought that aswell tbh. Having worked with both at palace he must of knew they could do ajob. Which he is correct.
My concern with our frontline is if we lose jay, that will split up chopra and bothroyd who play well with each other and who are arguably the best front two in the division.

Yea although i dont rate him highly i find him more of an attacking full back and is just too clumsy wen it comes to defending. With our squad we should be giving u a tough time up the top. Failing promotion dave jones has to go! And i can see our best players leaving :(