Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THAT'S WHY WE'RE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!!

Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:45 pm

Not gloating lads but was that a Neil Warnock inspired performance or what?

10 men after 42 mins & we battled battled battled until we got that goal. I said to a pal we could play till next Friday & not score tonight but that's what we're all about this year we never give up.

Taarabt having another away game off day but we showed we're not a 1 man team.

Anyway another game gone towards our target. Genuinely hope you beat the pikeys on Sunday as they need stopping at the moment.

My nails are in bits... :lol:

Re: THAT'S WHY WE'RE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!!

Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:46 pm

C-MOB wrote:Not gloating lads but was that a Neil Warnock inspired performance or what?

10 men after 42 mins & we battled battled battled until we got that goal. I said to a pal we could play till next Friday & not score tonight but that's what we're all about this year we never give up.

Anyway another game gone towards our target. Genuinely hope you beat the pikeys on Sunday as they need stopping at the moment.

fair play you played well. Warnock's fighting spirit was first class. He didnt give up at all. Even when you scored he was still screaming at his players. Top class manager. :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:50 pm

well done fella thats whats needed to get you up, you got to dig deep and grind out a result :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:51 pm

Fair play lads for your comments.

That f*cking wanker Matt Mills needs chinning.. Glad it was him who couldn't stop Routledge.

That was a proper battle tonight. :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:52 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=35672 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:53 pm

god, you got home quick,

Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:53 pm

C-MOB wrote:Not gloating lads but was that a Neil Warnock inspired performance or what?

Away from home at a form team, down to 10 men for half the game, and still get the result. The confidence and belief must come from somewhere?

Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:56 pm

ninianblue wrote:god, you got home quick,

Feet up Nin, little fellas birthday today. :ayatollah:

Skywalker-Lord Warnock. Best manager we've had in 20 years.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:58 pm

" EVERYONE SAID QPR WOULD FADE "
by Forever Blue » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:42 pm

I never believed that once and said it when they went through a bad patch. Warnock hate or like him TOP MANAGER WITH FIRE/PASSION and A PLAN B .

10 men QPR Won at Reading Fair play.
They actually done us a favour beating Reading as it keeps us stronger in the play offs

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:00 pm

enjoy while it lasts we are going back up if we beat swansea sunday :ayatollah:
Fair play to you but reading looked like they were playing with 10 men f*cking shit.
TNeams pick theirselves up against us!!!! :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:00 pm

C-MOB wrote:

ok, let you off for that one, :occasion4: :occasion6: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:01 pm

Everyone's getting a bit carried away here.Reading are hardly the best side in the league,playoff hopefulls at best.QPR haven't hit a bad spell yet,but they will and then give the likes of Swansea and Forest the opportunity to reel them in.Early days yet.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:03 pm

blackswan wrote:Everyone's getting a bit carried away here.Reading are hardly the best side in the league,playoff hopefulls at best.QPR haven't hit a bad spell yet,but they will and then give the likes of Swansea and Forest the opportunity to reel them in.Early days yet.

I've booked marked this.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:06 pm

ninianblue wrote:
C-MOB wrote:

ok, let you off for that one, :occasion4: :occasion6: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Top man thanks pal :ayatollah:

Little man is delighted I bought him an Alan Tate voodoo doll with pins and thought of you :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:07 pm

Top man thanks pal :ayatollah:

Little man is delighted I bought him an Alan Tate voodoo doll with pins and thought of you :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:[/quote]
:lol: :lol:

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:19 pm

C-MOB,you've said it in a nutshell why you're top of the league,you battle and battle,that's something that we can't do and it stems from having a passionate manager!

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:22 pm

Blue Steel wrote:C-MOB,you've said it in a nutshell why you're top of the league,you battle and battle,that's something that we can't do and it stems from having a passionate manager!

Blue one of your lads said in another thread even after we scored he was tearing into the players & ref still bawling, I really think that adds 20-25% to a players game.

I never see DJ get animated, not being funny but does he? Not being cheeky as I don't know & wouldn't know but he seems very blase any time I've seen him on the box. The players need a rocket sometimes eh.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:27 pm

C-MOB,Dave Jones never gets animated and it shows with crap performances.Swansea will be up for it big time on sunday but according to Jones it's just another game,says it all.This season is his last throw of the dice.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:30 pm

Blue Steel wrote:C-MOB,Dave Jones never gets animated and it shows with crap performances.Swansea will be up for it big time on sunday but according to Jones it's just another game,says it all.This season is his last throw of the dice.

Please don't tell me DJ said 'It's just another game'????? :oops:

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:35 pm

Yes he did,local derbies mean nothing to him but means everything to us fans getting one over the jacks.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:41 pm

C-MOB wrote:
Blue Steel wrote:C-MOB,you've said it in a nutshell why you're top of the league,you battle and battle,that's something that we can't do and it stems from having a passionate manager!

Blue one of your lads said in another thread even after we scored he was tearing into the players & ref still bawling, I really think that adds 20-25% to a players game.

I never see DJ get animated, not being funny but does he? Not being cheeky as I don't know & wouldn't know but he seems very blase any time I've seen him on the box. The players need a rocket sometimes eh.

That comes from Your Manager, Neil Warnock/Passion/Fire.

Blue Steel wrote:Yes he did,local derbies mean nothing to him but means everything to us fans getting one over the jacks.

Wow that is actually unbelievable.

The man played football for 25 years does he not know what derby games mean? Hang on... a SOUTH WALES derby!!

Reading this board I would say its 65 / 35 support against DJ but with comments like that he does himself no favours at all.

What a total load of bollux.
Do you really think a Manager jumping up and down on the touchline makes any difference to the players?
The reason QPR are top is they have got more money than anyone else FACT
If Warnock does not get promotion, he gets the sack. Hence the jumping up and down. FACT
Dave Jones prepares the players during the week ( 95% of the Job)
Because he doesn't jump up and down during a game and scream at the players, who gives a f**k
These things should be done on the training pitch or dressing room after games.
Plan B ( What the f**k is plan B?) You go with what you have got. If you think you have players on the bench to change a game under the circumstances you have got , you do it. If you don't you stick with what you have got.
At the end of the day, a manager stands or falls in the decisions he makes not what the fans think.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:42 pm

spike ferndale wrote:What a total load of bollux.
Do you really think a Manager jumping up and down on the touchline makes any difference to the players?
If Warnock does not get promotion, he gets the sack. Hence the jumping up and down. FACT
Because he doesn't jump up and down during a game and scream at the players, who gives a f**k
Plan B ( What the f**k is plan B?) You go with what you have got. If you think you have players on the bench to change a game under the circumstances you have got , you do it. If you don't you stick with what you have got.
At the end of the day, a manager stands or falls in the decisions he makes not what the fans think.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Embarrassing.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:43 pm

spike ferndale wrote:What a total load of bollux.

Spike, We agree on most things, But I am a big fan of Warnocks and have been for 10 years, Knowing you like I do, you LOVE PASSION/GUTS/NEVER SAY DIE ATTITUDE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:46 pm

Spike course showing passion and barking out orders and tearing into the ref helps. What do you want your manager to do sit them down for a quiet chit chat & a slice of jaffa at half time? He oozes WIN WIN WIN. And look at the results of that.

Oh also get your facts right geezer about spending as I could bet my bottom dollar your wage bill is near on double ours. FACT

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:49 pm

Yeah, I respect your opinion Annis but I think Jones is a very clever manager on what he has had to go with in the last couple of years. I also agree with you that if promotion is not forthcoming this season, it will be time for him to move on.
Keep the faith

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:55 pm

C-mob
Managers screaming and shouting at referees and players is a no no. Think about it. The players a scared to make a mistake and referees I would imagine take a dislike to the manager and club.
We are just paying wages for most of our players, you own most of yours. i don't think it's any secret how much money is behind your club compared with ours.
I would welcome your comments on these matters C-mob

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:55 pm

C-MOB wrote:
Blue Steel wrote:Yes he did,local derbies mean nothing to him but means everything to us fans getting one over the jacks.

Wow that is actually unbelievable.

The man played football for 25 years does he not know what derby games mean? Hang on... a SOUTH WALES derby!!

Reading this board I would say its 65 / 35 support against DJ but with comments like that he does himself no favours at all.

i honestly think, that dj thinks there is only one derby game, lfc v efc, all the other games are just points

Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:05 pm

spike ferndale wrote:C-mob
Managers screaming and shouting at referees and players is a no no. Think about it. The players a scared to make a mistake and referees I would imagine take a dislike to the manager and club.
We are just paying wages for most of our players, you own most of yours. i don't think it's any secret how much money is behind your club compared with ours.
I would welcome your comments on these matters C-mob

Spike with regards to money spent;

Paddy Kenny-£850k
Shaun Derry-Free
Clint Hill-Free
Adel Taarabt-£600k (rising IF we reach PL)
Bradley Orr-£450k
Pascal Chimbonda-Free
Danny Shittu-Free
Petter Vagen Moen-£400k
Wayne Routledge-Loan
Ishmael Miller-Loan

So for a team who has been at the top of the table all season we have spent approx £2.3 M would you say that was a lot when Chopra alone is worth £3-4M?

Shouting at the players doesn't mean he is caning them he is simply keeping them tuned in, and the league table will tell you it is working. It never did Sir Alex any harm eh ;) Warnock never slags our players ever, always defends them & the players only talk good of him & you know its genuine.