Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" EVERYONE SAID QPR WOULD FADE "

Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:42 pm

I never believed that once and said it when they went through a bad patch. Warnock hate or like him TOP MANAGER WITH FIRE/PASSION and A PLAN B .

10 men QPR Won at Reading Fair play.
They actually done us a favour beating Reading as it keeps us stronger in the play offs :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " EVERYONE SAID QPR WOULD FADE "

Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:They actually done us a favour beating Reading as it keeps us stronger in the play offs :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Good point there annis.

Big game tomorrow in my opinion is Watford vs Notts Forrest.

would you like a draw?
i fancy a watford win personally. try and knock forest back abit, and wipe that smile of davies' mouth :ayatollah:

but on the other hand, watford would come back into the race then
Last edited by glammy74 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:46 pm

It's sad to think that we're looking at the play offs. With our squad I honestly feel we should be well clear at the top.Shows the difference a good manager can make :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:54 pm

glammy74 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:They actually done us a favour beating Reading as it keeps us stronger in the play offs :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Good point there annis.

Big game tomorrow in my opinion is Watford vs Notts Forrest.

would you like a draw?
i fancy a watford win personally. try and knock forest back abit, and wipe that smile of davies' mouth :ayatollah:

but on the other hand, watford would come back into the race then

We need to keep teams well out of the play offs, especially Watford, I would hate to play them in the play offs.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:55 pm

Been hearing that since September Annis & we keep plugging away. I'm really starting to believe now as its clear we will not be out battled by anyone in this division. If we f*cked it up now we never deserve to grace the top flight, but I think we have all the ingredients this year.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:55 pm

scots bluebird wrote:It's sad to think that we're looking at the play offs. With our squad I honestly feel we should be well clear at the top.Shows the difference a good manager can make :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yes I agree, WERE WELL UNDER ACHIEVING.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Yes I agree, WERE WELL UNDER ACHIEVING.

We have a nice run of games in march :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

on paper anyway :lol:

Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:58 pm

they will, play-offs

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:01 pm

i must admit i thought they would fade , i thought they would they would struggle to score especially with mackie injured but they can keep clean sheets so they will always have a chance and getting routledge back there was a major coup, plus they have a great manager

Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:11 pm

We are starting to fade, though you guys would have noticed.......................................

We are starting to fade into the horizon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:13 pm

DWQPR wrote:We are starting to fade, though you guys would have noticed.......................................

:lol: :lol:

Your Position Does Not Lie, YOUR THERE ON MERIT :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:35 pm

Must admit, I am looking forward to you guys joining us in the Prem, and still think that you will do it despite Jones. Cannot stand Norwich, they broke my heart as a 10 year old when they beat us 3-2 at Carrow Road, effectively ending our only ever chance of being English champions, in the era of Bowles, Francis, Givens etc, Swansea have got a good manager but after going there last season, that extra journey from Cardiff to Swansea, when the max speed limit is 50 is bloody awful. Leeds, what more can I say, bunch of moronic, "we're the best team in the world 'cos we get the best gates in the championship"' wankers! Forest, we have never win there, nice ground, easy to get to, but that f**king garden gnome they have as a manager, Christ every time I see the bloke on the box I want to smash the screen, so that leaves Watford! Bunch of happy clappy clueless twats who initially put football in this country back half a century with the advocation of the long ball tactics thanks to Graham 'turnip' Taylor. And their supporters at the time thought that the football was sublime, and then to rub salt not the wounds even more, they then introduce Ady Boothroyd to management and inflict his hideous style of football on us.

So that leaves you guys, Hobson's Choice maybe, but I often spend time on this board and it strikes me that you are quite a fairly educated bunch, football wise, willing to praise when praise is there to be given and willing to debate. So hopefully on my 45th birthday, St George's Day, we can all have a decent knee-up, celebrating s as champions and you securing second place. Can't say fairer than that?

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I never believed that once and said it when they went through a bad patch. Warnock hate or like him TOP MANAGER WITH FIRE/PASSION and A PLAN B .

They actually done us a favour beating Reading as it keeps us stronger in the play offs :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I thought after losing Mackie they may struggle but after watching them against Coventry & Reading it's not going to happen.

They may not be a team full of goals but they are a team full of character and last night was a good example of that as it seems to me they have the will to win in every position on and off the field. On top of that they have quality all over the pitch and lets face it you couldn't tell they were one man down last night, very very impressive.

No one else in this division has the blend of quality, experience and determination to match these guys, can they be beaten yes but not often enough for the rest of us to have hope of winning the League. The League is theirs to lose the rest of us are much of a muchness so I jusy hope QPR do as much damage to teams in and around us as they can, like last night :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:50 pm

castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I never believed that once and said it when they went through a bad patch. Warnock hate or like him TOP MANAGER WITH FIRE/PASSION and A PLAN B .

I thought after losing Mackie they may struggle but after watching them against Coventry & Reading it's not going to happen.

They may not be a team full of goals but they are a team full of character and last night was a good example of that as it seems to me they have the will to win in every position on and off the field. On top of that they have quality all over the pitch and lets face it you couldn't tell they were one man down last night, very very impressive.

No one else in this division has the blend of quality, experience and determination to match these guys, can they be beaten yes but not often enough for the rest of us to have hope of winning the League. The League is theirs to lose the rest of us are much of a muchness so I jusy hope QPR do as much damage to teams in and around us as they can, like last night :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

And they Have the Icing on the Cake SUPERB MANAGEMENT .

Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:52 pm

DWQPR wrote:Must admit, I am looking forward to you guys joining us in the Prem, and still think that you will do it despite Jones. Cannot stand Norwich, they broke my heart as a 10 year old when they beat us 3-2 at Carrow Road, effectively ending our only ever chance of being English champions, in the era of Bowles, Francis, Givens etc, Swansea have got a good manager but after going there last season, that extra journey from Cardiff to Swansea, when the max speed limit is 50 is bloody awful. Leeds, what more can I say, bunch of moronic, "we're the best team in the world 'cos we get the best gates in the championship"' wankers! Forest, we have never win there, nice ground, easy to get to, but that f**king garden gnome they have as a manager, Christ every time I see the bloke on the box I want to smash the screen, so that leaves Watford! Bunch of happy clappy clueless twats who initially put football in this country back half a century with the advocation of the long ball tactics thanks to Graham 'turnip' Taylor. And their supporters at the time thought that the football was sublime, and then to rub salt not the wounds even more, they then introduce Ady Boothroyd to management and inflict his hideous style of football on us.

So that leaves you guys, Hobson's Choice maybe, but I often spend time on this board and it strikes me that you are quite a fairly educated bunch, football wise, willing to praise when praise is there to be given and willing to debate. So hopefully on my 45th birthday, St George's Day, we can all have a decent knee-up, celebrating s as champions and you securing second place. Can't say fairer than that?

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Some Good stuff, I will take 2nd place right now and that to me will a Dream Come True :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:54 pm

glammy74 wrote:We have a nice run of games in march

Oh no :o

Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:05 pm

we shouldnt be looking at ''staying strong in the playoffs'' though annis :?

Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:08 pm

milly44 wrote:

I Totally Agree Milly, WE ARE WELL UNDER ACHIEVING, WE HAVE THE SQUAD, BUT SOMETHING IS WRONG SOME WHERE .

Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
milly44 wrote:

I Totally Agree Milly, WE ARE WELL UNDER ACHIEVING, WE HAVE THE SQUAD, BUT SOMETHING IS WRONG SOME WHERE .

Building a good football team is like building a house, you need solid foundations before you start to attach the luxuries, you don't start putting in the jacuzzi and 60" screen on the fourth floor if the three floors below are made of straw, and that sadly is the problem with Cardiff. You have the best forwards in the league, Taraabt is a midfielder, and you all know your weakness is in defence, yet during the transfer window , five players are signed with only one being a defender, and a pretty much untried one, in this league, at that. Jones blew the transfer window and has probably blown the maximum of loans allowed. Just a thought though, imagine combining your forwards, we would take Bothroyd, Chopra and Bellamy and combine them with our defence and midfield, I would suspect that this team would already be champions!

Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:17 pm

DWQPR wrote:We are starting to fade, though you guys would have noticed.......................................

I'll give you that one! Swine!
I was one who said they would fade. Last night made me change my mind.
QPR & Forest will take some stopping. :oops:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:17 pm

Stick with it everyone!!......and enjoy the rollercoaster ride to the Premiership starting tomorrow!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:42 pm

I thought they would fade to be honest, but they will def be going up, that leaves us one place left for automatic promotion, c,mon City we can do it, starting with a win down the wild west tomorrow. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
castleblue wrote:

And they Have the Icing on the Cake SUPERB MANAGEMENT .

Well you know my view on that and like you it has never changed :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:05 pm

blue nile wrote:I thought they would fade to be honest, but they will def be going up, that leaves us one place left for automatic promotion, c,mon City we can do it, starting with a win down the wild west tomorrow. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I have written tomorrow off already and that feeling is down to the manager as his approach to these games is as usual completely wrong.

For me our only hope is to score first but thats the same in every game isn't it. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:47 pm

I still think they will. A few times I think they've been fortunate to snatch wins without playing any better than we are. Sometimes it's the sign of a good team that grinds out wins, sometimes it's over riding your luck and I think it's the latter for the R's just now.

They've been fortunate, like we have, that everyone else has been shit too.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:54 pm

PtB wrote:I still think they will. A few times I think they've been fortunate to snatch wins without playing any better than we are. Sometimes it's the sign of a good team that grinds out wins, sometimes it's over riding your luck and I think it's the latter for the R's just now.

They've been fortunate, like we have, that everyone else has been shit too.

Paul, They are 11pts Clear of US and if they and us have been fortunate, God help the rest of our season.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:24 pm

I thought they would fade, they had there dodgy patch but no one around them kept winning to put the pressure on and it seems they have now come out of that rut and going strong