Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" EDDIE MAY TELLS DAVE JONES ABOUT PASSION "

Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:03 pm

" Eddie May’s warning to Dave Jones "

FORMER Cardiff City boss Eddie May has told Dave Jones not to bother trying to play down Sunday’s powderkeg derby with Swansea, insisting the Bluebirds boss should embrace it for the ferocious local dust-up it always is.

May, one of the most popular managers to ever take the City hot-seat, enjoyed a near four-year reign at the club in the early Nineties.

He lost just three out of eight clashes with the Swans in that time, while Jones has won just once in six attempts since taking over in 2005.

May (pictured) said: “Whether it was in the Welsh Cup or the league everybody was up for this derby, even the tea lady, it’s a massive game,” said May. “You have to embrace the whole thing as a manager, a player and as a club. These are very special games.

“I just cannot understand anybody who even tries to play this game down.

“This is almost a fixture for the fans, it’s a supporters’ game and managers and players should respect that.”

In 82 years of rivalry neither club has completed the double over the other, and with Swansea having beaten the Bluebirds 1-0 in their own backyard back in November, May warned Jones of the spectre of being the first boss to suffer that fate.

“You would not want that around your neck,” said May.

“You can win titles and get promoted, but all the fans talk about is the derby games and I hope Jones realises the feeling of the Cardiff supporters.

“He’ll certainly take some stick if that happens on Sunday.

“Yes you will only get three points for a win, but for 90 minutes the supporters want to send out a message that their club is the best in Wales.

“Jones must understand the emotion and passion down here for these games. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

“They say there is no such thing as a friendly and I remember during my time at Cardiff even a reserve game or a friendly against Swansea was one you hated to lose :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " EDDIE MAY TELLS DAVE JONES ABOUT PASSION "

Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:09 pm

Spot on Eddie.......listen up Davy boy! :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:11 pm

Eddie May prob my fav CCFC manager :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:24 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Eddie May prob my fav CCFC manager :ayatollah:

And one of mine :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:29 pm

I would have him back like a shot to replace our Gobbling Turkey :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:13 pm

look how much love the fans had for eddie compared to DJ and eddie appreaciated it

THE DARLING BUDS OF EDDIE MAY :D

Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:14 pm

well said eddie :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:18 pm

I love Eddie May but he's simply jumping on the bandwagon on this one.

Do we really know what DJ says in the dressroom before games ?

Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:27 pm

alfie sherwood wrote:I love Eddie May but he's simply jumping on the bandwagon on this one.

We can hazard an educated guess ;)

Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:27 pm

alfie sherwood wrote:I love Eddie May but he's simply jumping on the bandwagon on this one.

No but we know what he says to the press and interviews. And its all bullshit :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:31 pm

eddie may is spot on and we all know it, what i would give to have a manager who understands our club and it's fans now, eddie your a legend :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:08 pm

id have him back aswell, i reckon our season will be found out after this game we win and we can kick on , we lose and i fear its gong to crumble :( :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:12 pm

We love you Eddie Eddie May
We love you more than i can say
We'll love you twice as much tomorrow oh oh
We love you Eddie Eddie May

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:49 pm

eddie mays barmy army
eddie mays barmy army
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
time to listen dj show some f@#cking passion

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:54 pm

Does anyone know the name of CARDIFF'S manager ?

eddie eddie eddie may , eddie eddie eddie may

ID HAVE HIM BACK TOMORROW

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:57 pm

lips1 wrote:Does anyone know the name of CARDIFF'S manager ?

eddie eddie eddie may , eddie eddie eddie may

ID HAVE HIM BACK TOMORROW

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:27 am

only man to win us a title!

I'd much prefer Eddie mays positive buzz
than dave jones's Arrogance yet more experience with big clubs.

we would definately benifit from may

Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:36 am

The man who brought 1982 world cup star Paul Ramsey to the club! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:30 am

Do you honestly think DJ tells the players not to have any passion??

Maybe in the media he plays it down but behind closed doors??

Maybe its the PLAYERS who need to take responsibility. The home game i understand some of the players were unhappy with formation/team. Well if they sulked on the pitch it was them who let us down.

Bellers as a city boy get em going!!

Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:33 am

DJ can play it down all he likes but imagine we lose, I will cringe if Ali announces Cardiff City the Bluebirds the number 1 team in Wales as our lives are going to be hell.

Also I think it will affect the players and the season may get worse , but the reality is I would take a draw as a point away would be enough and concentrate on the season but we lose and the doom at the club would be horrible and the jacks may just get promotion the thought does my head in.

I loved Eddie May

Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:57 am

It would've been nice to see what May could have done with our current wage budget and players...and I'm willing to bet he'd be willing to do it for a quarter of DJ's pay :lol: .

Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:50 pm

Best time following the City under Eddie. Our players would be left in no uncertain terms about the need to win tomoz for the Club and the fans. Stuff Jones bring back Eddie for a one off game tomoz :D

Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:25 pm

eddie can say what he likes to D.J,its wether D.J can be arsed to listen :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:26 pm

Don't really know but my guess would be "Who Are We Playing Today" :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:52 pm

Tell the tea lady to brings her boots just in case!