Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ITS CERTAINLY A GAME OF OPINIONS

Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:03 pm

Just had the final arrangements through for a lad just released by the Cardiff City Academy.

He will now play for Manchester United V Crewe.

Where City don't rate him , Manchester United do.

Funny old game !

Re: ITS CERTAINLY A GAME OF OPINIONS

Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:06 pm

United can afford to take more risks than city. United can have hundreds of kids in their academy that won't make the grade.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:07 pm

But still a lower league player released and for a top 2 team in the prem to take him says alot!!

Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:11 pm

davebb wrote:United can afford to take more risks than city. United can have hundreds of kids in their academy that won't make the grade.

Bigger risk by if he turns out to become a pro in a year or twos time!

As i said all about opinions. Rather like the lad whos at Ipswich released by City about to get his Pro.

As i said funny old game!

Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:15 pm

Daya wrote:
davebb wrote:United can afford to take more risks than city. United can have hundreds of kids in their academy that won't make the grade.

As i said all about opinions. Rather like the lad whos at Ipswich released by City about to get his Pro.

The League of Wales is full of players who turned pro at United, Leeds, Cardiff, etc, all made their way down the leagues until they eventually found their level.

Hope the lad makes it.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:24 pm

davebb wrote:
Daya wrote:

The League of Wales is full of players who turned pro at United, Leeds, Cardiff, etc, all made their way down the leagues until they eventually found their level.

Hope the lad makes it.

As I said funny old game.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:29 pm

chelsea have spent over 50million on their acadamy over the years! the big clubs can afford to take risks!

Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:40 pm

AHERNE wrote:chelsea have spent over 50million on their acadamy over the years! the big clubs can afford to take risks!

And without a pot to piss in, the academy can't afford to lose promising talent.

That's Dave Jones' job.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:16 pm

Chelsea buy Academy players, even go as far as buying their parents houses! :o

Still cheaper than shelling out 40 mill on one player!

You would think though City would keep hold of anything that looks likely to earn a pro contract especially as they are skint.

Obviously someones opinion thinks in this instance is different to many other clubs including prem clubs on this particular player who think he may be worth a pro contract .

As i said its a game of opinions - it's ironic though that I took a call from 2 City Coaches saying " what the fck they doing!"

So again some coaches have different opinions to the descion maker !

Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:21 pm

Daya wrote:Chelsea buy Academy players, even go as far as buying their parents houses! :o

You would think though City would keep hold of anything that looks likely to earn a pro contract especially as they are skint.

Obviously someones opinion thinks in this instance is different to many other clubs including prem clubs on this particular player who think he may be worth a pro contract .

As i said its a game of opinions - it's ironic though that I took a call from 2 City Coaches saying " what the fck they doing!"

Who is the descion maker Steve?

Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:23 pm

TheMortgageAdvisor wrote:
Daya wrote:Chelsea buy Academy players, even go as far as buying their parents houses! :o

Who is the descion maker Steve?

Ardley i guess it falls back too.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:57 pm

Did you know that Clubs like Arsenal, Chelsea and such, send drivers to collect kids for training from miles away, if that falls foul of regulations they send their own private coaches now and the kid attends half terms and school holidays.

Chelsea send a driver and Range Rover 3 times a week for an u13 who lives this side of Swindon and take him to Cobham and back.

If you are a bit further away than that you get your own private coach .

Unreal hey!

Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:28 pm

Man Utd thought Ramon Calliste was a top prospect!

I'm not making any judgment unless the player makes it. It would be nice if we made a better effort at youth level though because I'm still concerned about local kids being missed out on.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:31 pm

Zabier wrote:Man Utd thought Ramon Calliste was a top prospect!

I'm not making any judgment unless the player makes it. It would be nice if we made a better effort at youth level though because I'm still concerned about local kids being missed out on.

No one has asked for any judgements? just saying how its a funny old game and how different opinions can be.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:45 pm

When a youngster has played for Man u youth team and then makes it to the carling cup team even if he his not very good by United's standards,United can command millions for them, just because he came through their system made it to the 1st team, Its like going to Eton or Sandhurst you have a career if you put your mind to it.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:04 pm

my mate played for man utd youth and wales under 21 (he was 17) ment to be next big thing he scored for southampton in the championship. now plays for eastbourgh.............. hes not happy! :lol:

Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:07 pm

what ever happened to that Chelsea acadamy player that we signed a few years ago ? Seemed to die a death that move .

Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:03 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:what ever happened to that Chelsea acadamy player that we signed a few years ago ? Seemed to die a death that move .

Cardiff import in many cast off's to make up the numbers. They are never any good. The French ones presently are not up to standard.