Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Sorry to start a new thread...Chelsea

Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:29 am

Gutted for you and your family, my mate is up in court today, fingers crossed he gets lucky but after yesterday I can't see it.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:31 am

Our support is with you and your family Corky.
He should have told the judge he was always in trouble, an immigrant, heroin addict and always had a fight at the Wales rugby games - Im sure the judge would have fined him £40.
The country is a disgrace - Justice be F****d..... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:32 am

Corky i feel sorry for u and your family mate. Your son is a very nice lad and to get sentenced on his first offence is devastating. Any one could have got caught up in the incidents on that day thats what the police planed by letting the chelsea lot gather outside that pub and letting us out the same time. everyone had to defend themselves during that day. I hope he can appeal buddy and win his case. IT MAKES YOU FEEL SICK.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:32 am

Corky your son was a victim of circumstance and his biggest crime was simply being in the wrong place at the wrong time. The CPS saw an oppotunity to get a VO conviction and took it without any thought to the personal consequence.

If it was my son I would be livid with fustration because what happened was blown out of all proportion. That said you are doing the right thing by taking the pragmatic view in that with good behaviour his nightmare will be over in 4-5 months.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:47 am

so sorry to hear this paul

best wishes to you and your lad and his family

Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:02 am

I'm shocked to read of the sentence Paul, of all people, you don't deserve this!

Best wishes to your boy and all your family.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:39 am

Will the lads be able to get a transfer to Cardiff/Bridgend/Usk?

Not good being stuck down there away from family and mixed with all the WestHam/Millwall lot.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:55 am

Gutted for all the lads involved, most of us have been there or there abouts at some time over the years. I know a lad involved and its not looking good. All I will say is that the Home Office have won me over, I aint doing 12 months just for Gesturing and being aggressive towards away fans, makes me glad I aint going to Swansea now!!

Basically its sit down, shut up and behave yourself or your knicked - The Law's corrupt but then we already know that being City fans!!

Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:58 am

Just heard one of the boys up today had 16 months prison and a 6 year ban for doing hardly anything, f*cking disgusting!!!

Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:24 pm

Time to forget about marching to get chairmen out and collecting money for statues and worrying about promotion and local derby matches........now is the time for action on these obscene sentences handed out to mainly first time offenders.
Something must be done....petitions,marches,letters to MPs,pressure put on the clubs to act for the fans and the repealing of these laws that are sending people to prison for long lengths of time just because they done what they done while attending a football match.
My 15 year old son was recently assaulted by two drug addicts in the street one aged 44 the other 24.
what did they get ........tagged for 3 months.......Justice....????
Go to Cardiff tonight when wales play england and you will see women urinating in the street,men fighting and bars being smashed up,but non of them will end up in prison.
My thoughts now go out to all who have had friends and family sent down for these outragess lengths of time and to those among us who are waiting to go to court.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:24 pm

Just goes to prove how inept our justice system really is, Corky feel for you and your family, total disgrace. :evil:

Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:31 pm

Corky the sentance is a joke and as harsh as ive heard, in 2002 after barnsley i got done on sloper road caught on cctv kicking a Police dog that went for me, ok i was wrong but got charged with a section 3 affray, now on the day in court the prosecution wanted a 9 month sentence but my barrister argued because i hadnt been inside before that a short sharp shock sentence of 3 months would be the same to me as a 9 month sentence which the judge agreed, i had 3 months and was out in 4 weeks (2weeks with a tag) and still had my job, while im saying he doesnt deserve a jail sentence but the sensible thing to have done would have been a short sharp 3 months like i had, the british justice service stinks and that sentence is shocking, its definatley worth appealing mate and good luck if you do :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:00 pm

What a joke this country as become. Its Ok to be a Paedo, Corrupt Banker, Rapist, Extremist, Illegal Immigrant or Wife batterer. None of these would serve our Country in any war.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:03 pm

my thoughts are with you and the family fella shocking absolutely shocking :x

Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:38 pm

Corky, absolutely gutted for you, the boy and all the family, but knowing you as i do, keep that personality of yours as it is and you'll pull the family through and hopefully as you say, he'll be home in 4-5 months.
Chin up mucker
Regards,
GULLY

Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:40 pm

Gutted for you mate, Can't imagen how you and your family are feeling now. This really makes my blood boil the law is a joke and we are always the ones punshed, not the real criminals! This government need a good kick up the arse. :evil:

Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:53 pm

sorry if this is in the previous threads but was there any chelsea fans taken to court and if so did they recieve the same type of sentencing.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:41 pm

corky wrote:You probablt all know by now that my son was given sixteen months in jail today....he was charged with violent conduct for throwing an object and a cone at the Chelsea match...nobody was hurt in these incidents but my son was guilty of doing this crime...no argument....but 16 months sentence for a first offence????????????????

Peter was helping me that day and as soon as we came out of the stadium the same time as the Chelsea fans we got seperated, his battery was out on his phone and he was split from me and his brother...he ended up in the Kings road where a mass of Chelsea fans were and he threw a cone, which was out of order and made gestures towards the Chelsea fans( mostly blokes in their 40's and 50's)

He is gutted he let his family down and embarressed he got caught up in the events that day....but IO love my son and I will always stick with him and support him...He has been in the Navy for years, came out and worked full time ever since...always paid taxes and insurance...got a girlfriend and a new born baby 6 months old and a mortgage on a house tey have struggled to both work hard to afford.

Now he is in Jail, and some who think things are simple in life and straight forward will agree with the punishment and maybe I would aswell if this was common for similar incidents outside of a football match situation....it simply is not the case...the judge, the government, the home office are making this a show case and will make huge examples of all involved regardless of fairness of comparrion to sentences for similar things not football related.

There are guidelines which will be adhered to for every person found guilty in this trial

There are 4 different sentencing levels for Violent conduct section
There are also 4 more different sentences for Affray section 3

8 levels of sentence the first seven GUARANTEED jail and the last 50% certain jail or a suspended sentence

I cant remember the exact wording but its something like this

Violent conduct 1 actual fighting...up to 5 years
Violent conduct 2 throwing object that hits someone 2 years 6 months
violent conduct 3 throwing object hitting nobody 16 months
Agressive behaviour pushing at police or away fans 12 months

All the above are not quite accurate but they are set in stone and will be given to all found guilty....they were all HALVED today because all defendants had made early guilty pleas

Affray 1 Agreesive behaviour, being seen at the front all the time, being in both areas where the trouble was 16 months
Affray 2 Agressive beghaviour, bouncing about the place, threatening behaviour 12 months
Affray 3 Being seen at the from using threatening words or gestures and being seen at two venues 6 months
Affray 4 Actually being there, chanting abusive songs, gesturing even standing with your hands in your pockets posible jail but more like suspended sentence

Again all the above are not accurate but an indication of the guidelines the judges will follow...again Today they halved these sentences as a credit for a guilty plea.

I believe all this was done this morning before trial and the only point Today was for the judge to listen to everyones mitigation and then decide HOW LONG TO GIVE....6 WERE GOING TO PRISON REGARDLESS

The barristors defending all did excellent in my opinion and fought for my son with passion and real concern but it was probably all in vain but maybe she managed to lower my son down to the 16 months, I dont know

My son is in jail, I am devasted and so is all his family and many friends we just have to do what we can to rally around now and help each other through this...

People will come on and say Peter deserved what he got, well unless you know my boy I would appreciate you kept that to yourself....I can do without that Tonight

Tomorrow I have to drive back up to Wormwood scrubs to visit him.

Good luck to everyone else involved...its carved in stone for City and Chelsea fans but if you feel you are not guilty FIGHT for your lives because they will jail ALL that are found guilty unless its very , very minor.

All the best mate to your boy and all of your family's, those sentences are a joke and it is easy to see how normal fans could end up in trouble. If nothing else it sends a warning message to fans, be careful if it goes off around you, move away and don't get involved or even stand and watch, it simply isn't worth the risk.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:46 pm

gutted for you and your family mate ......this is a mockery of justice ffs......... :x

Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:14 pm

Corky

I live about 10 miles from the Scrubs. If there's anything I can do let me know. pm me or get my mobile number off Carl.

As has been said before, gutted for u

Chin up mate

Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:37 pm

Corky.

I'm SO sorry to hear about this. you of all people, and all you have done for other fans, do not deserve this.

If there is anything any of us can do to help please let it be know.

Yes your boy has done wrong, but the sentance is ridiculous, he hasnt hurt anyone.

Compare that to what Marlon King got for groping a woman then smashing a her to the floor, breaking her nose after 14 other convictions.

The law is an ass.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:11 pm

Corky i have never met you or your son but reading that was heart wrenching. There but for the grace of God and all that. I dont know what to say but good luck to you and your Son in what you decide to do next.
This is supposed to be a free country but it seems it is most definitely not. That frascus was a clear set up and it stinks to high heaven. Hey Peados fear not , Football fans be afraid very afraid :cry: :cry: :evil:

Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:41 pm

Corkey yes Neil is like a Dad to him its actually his uncle his old man died years ago Nathan has really done himself proud you know and to be smacked down in this way is a fukin disgrace .

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:09 pm

corky sorry to hear about peter been going down cardiff with you and mike best part of 25 years till you got involed with rams remember you taking peter when he was a kid dont have much to do with him but alway say hello to him when i see him everyone in ffald cant beleve it all say wot a nice bloke he is anyway good luck to you and his girlfriend in al you try and do for him

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:18 pm

This is awful and quite difficult to read.When are you lot going to realise,that being the top lads and trying to enforce this reputation you got is a complete mugs game nowadays.Is it that difficult to go to a football match and behave?

For what it's worth Corky,i feel your pain as a dad and i hope your lad comes through it positively,he sounds a decent lad so im sure he will.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:42 pm

asolutly outragious sentence the justice system is shocking hope you can win an appeal :evil:

Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:53 pm

feel quite sickened.. disgustin treatment.. if it was rugby, cricket or any other sport a ban at the most would be issued. head up guys! blue army!

Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:20 am

Sorry to hear this news Corky, seems well over the top sentencing for what your son did, seems well harsh mate.

Get the Appeals process going, you and your son have a good case.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:50 am

corky, i dont know you or your son, but i think its a disgrace that first time offenders are given sentances , its stupid, if it wasnt football related he would of got away with a fine, so why should the fact he is a football ( cardiff fan ) fan change that,

hope you're son is okay mate, hopefully not long before he is back at CCS supporting the best team in the world :ayatollah: :(

Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:45 pm

Gutted for you and your boy. If he is ex services then he will cope fine mate - honest......we have a knack of knowing when to keep shut.

Hope the time flies for you all!!!!