Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sorry to start a new thread...Chelsea

Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:13 pm

You probablt all know by now that my son was given sixteen months in jail today....he was charged with violent conduct for throwing an object and a cone at the Chelsea match...nobody was hurt in these incidents but my son was guilty of doing this crime...no argument....but 16 months sentence for a first offence????????????????

Peter was helping me that day and as soon as we came out of the stadium the same time as the Chelsea fans we got seperated, his battery was out on his phone and he was split from me and his brother...he ended up in the Kings road where a mass of Chelsea fans were and he threw a cone, which was out of order and made gestures towards the Chelsea fans( mostly blokes in their 40's and 50's)

He is gutted he let his family down and embarressed he got caught up in the events that day....but IO love my son and I will always stick with him and support him...He has been in the Navy for years, came out and worked full time ever since...always paid taxes and insurance...got a girlfriend and a new born baby 6 months old and a mortgage on a house tey have struggled to both work hard to afford.

Now he is in Jail, and some who think things are simple in life and straight forward will agree with the punishment and maybe I would aswell if this was common for similar incidents outside of a football match situation....it simply is not the case...the judge, the government, the home office are making this a show case and will make huge examples of all involved regardless of fairness of comparrion to sentences for similar things not football related.

There are guidelines which will be adhered to for every person found guilty in this trial

There are 4 different sentencing levels for Violent conduct section
There are also 4 more different sentences for Affray section 3

8 levels of sentence the first seven GUARANTEED jail and the last 50% certain jail or a suspended sentence

I cant remember the exact wording but its something like this

Violent conduct 1 actual fighting...up to 5 years
Violent conduct 2 throwing object that hits someone 2 years 6 months
violent conduct 3 throwing object hitting nobody 16 months
Agressive behaviour pushing at police or away fans 12 months

All the above are not quite accurate but they are set in stone and will be given to all found guilty....they were all HALVED today because all defendants had made early guilty pleas

Affray 1 Agreesive behaviour, being seen at the front all the time, being in both areas where the trouble was 16 months
Affray 2 Agressive beghaviour, bouncing about the place, threatening behaviour 12 months
Affray 3 Being seen at the from using threatening words or gestures and being seen at two venues 6 months
Affray 4 Actually being there, chanting abusive songs, gesturing even standing with your hands in your pockets posible jail but more like suspended sentence

Again all the above are not accurate but an indication of the guidelines the judges will follow...again Today they halved these sentences as a credit for a guilty plea.

I believe all this was done this morning before trial and the only point Today was for the judge to listen to everyones mitigation and then decide HOW LONG TO GIVE....6 WERE GOING TO PRISON REGARDLESS

The barristors defending all did excellent in my opinion and fought for my son with passion and real concern but it was probably all in vain but maybe she managed to lower my son down to the 16 months, I dont know

My son is in jail, I am devasted and so is all his family and many friends we just have to do what we can to rally around now and help each other through this...

People will come on and say Peter deserved what he got, well unless you know my boy I would appreciate you kept that to yourself....I can do without that Tonight

Tomorrow I have to drive back up to Wormwood scrubs to visit him.

Good luck to everyone else involved...its carved in stone for City and Chelsea fans but if you feel you are not guilty FIGHT for your lives because they will jail ALL that are found guilty unless its very , very minor.

Re: Sorry to start a new thread...Chelsea

Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:20 pm

corky i dont know you well, your lad, or family personaly, but this is shocking.
it seems a point is simply being made here, a point to make national headlines to let ''football fans'' know where they stand.
it is so harsh it is unbeleavable.
feel for your lad, his young family, and yourself.
wish all cardiff fans in court tomorrow the very best :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:23 pm

corky wrote:You probablt all know by now that my son was given sixteen months in jail today....he was charged with violent conduct for throwing an object and a cone at the Chelsea match...nobody was hurt in these incidents but my son was guilty of doing this crime...no argument....but 16 months sentence for a first offence????????????????

Peter was helping me that day and as soon as we came out of the stadium the same time as the Chelsea fans we got seperated, his battery was out on his phone and he was split from me and his brother...he ended up in the Kings road where a mass of Chelsea fans were and he threw a cone, which was out of order and made gestures towards the Chelsea fans( mostly blokes in their 40's and 50's)

He is gutted he let his family down and embarressed he got caught up in the events that day....but IO love my son and I will always stick with him and support him...He has been in the Navy for years, came out and worked full time ever since...always paid taxes and insurance...got a girlfriend and a new born baby 6 months old and a mortgage on a house tey have struggled to both work hard to afford.

Now he is in Jail, and some who think things are simple in life and straight forward will agree with the punishment and maybe I would aswell if this was common for similar incidents outside of a football match situation....it simply is not the case...the judge, the government, the home office are making this a show case and will make huge examples of all involved regardless of fairness of comparrion to sentences for similar things not football related.

There are guidelines which will be adhered to for every person found guilty in this trial

8 levels of sentence the first seven GUARANTEED jail and the last 50% certain jail or a suspended sentence

All the above are not quite accurate but they are set in stone and will be given to all found guilty....they were all HALVED today because all defendants had made early guilty pleas

Affray 1 Agreesive behaviour, being seen at the front all the time, being in both areas where the trouble was 16 months
Affray 2 Agressive beghaviour, bouncing about the place, threatening behaviour 12 months
Affray 3 Being seen at the from using threatening words or gestures and being seen at two venues 6 months
Affray 4 Actually being there, chanting abusive songs, gesturing even standing with your hands in your pockets posible jail but more like suspended sentence

Again all the above are not accurate but an indication of the guidelines the judges will follow...again Today they halved these sentences as a credit for a guilty plea.

I believe all this was done this morning before trial and the only point Today was for the judge to listen to everyones mitigation and then decide HOW LONG TO GIVE....6 WERE GOING TO PRISON REGARDLESS

The barristors defending all did excellent in my opinion and fought for my son with passion and real concern but it was probably all in vain but maybe she managed to lower my son down to the 16 months, I dont know

My son is in jail, I am devasted and so is all his family and many friends we just have to do what we can to rally around now and help each other through this...

People will come on and say Peter deserved what he got, well unless you know my boy I would appreciate you kept that to yourself....I can do without that Tonight

Good luck to everyone else involved...its carved in stone for City and Chelsea fans but if you feel you are not guilty FIGHT for your lives because they will jail ALL that are found guilty unless its very , very minor.

Gutted for you and your family. The sentence most certainly doesnt fit the crime and hopefully your lad will appeal this sentence and justice will be done.

Good luck.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:26 pm

THERE IS NO WAY THE OFFENCE CAN POSSIBLY MERIT SUCH HARSH PUNISHMENT-FOR A FIRST OFFENCE-SURELY YOU CAN APPEAL?

Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:31 pm

Absolute joke of a sentence. If it wasn't football related it probably wouldn't even had made the court. A young mans life ruined because the authorities want their pound of flesh.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:33 pm

Touching post mate, I feel for you. Respect to you and you son fo holding your hands up for the wrong doing. But these times are crazy, they are really making a point here. I think something needs to be done, and all of you involved need to get to the high courts about the time of these senteces. Banning orders I can understand, but 16months for throwing a cone, (at people who also wanted to fight) its madness. If they bought that into weekends out in town theyd have the whole city locked up.

Hope your son and the others all stick together, keep there heads down and stay sane. Not an easy place to be!!! Do the crime face the time yes, but the time is way off !!!

Hope his wife and kid ae good through this awsel, not good for them !!!

Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:38 pm

he would have been better off ......................., he would have just been told off, or giving 9months probation, the laws a joke, and those police know it,,,,

[edited due to innapropriate content]

please be careful of wording used.

Moderator.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:38 pm

They are paying for past crimes/reputations.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:42 pm

the laws an arse .

How long did that illegal immigrant get again Corky for running you over whilst driving with no licence or insurance?

Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:42 pm

Paul I don't know you personally but I'd like to tell you how deeply sorry for what has happened your son and to all of your family. Keep the faith. I'm sure he will cope through this terrible ordeal and come out strong.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:47 pm

Thanks for you support lads...the guy that rammed my car, trapping me inside was never charged becaiuse the police could not find an interpretor to read him his rights...thats no joke.

I would try to appeal but they have already halved the sentence to 8 months...because he pleaded guilty promised another 2 nonths if he behaves and then he may even be allowed home on a tag so maybe 4-5 months?

Who knows....I do know that Peters a good kid and all of us are devastated

Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:51 pm

as we say, only in britain can this happen,,,,,,

Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:59 pm

corky wrote:Thanks for you support lads...the guy that rammed my car, trapping me inside was never charged becaiuse the police could not find an interpretor to read him his rights...thats no joke.

I would try to appeal but they have already halved the sentence to 8 months...because he pleaded guilty promised another 2 nonths if he behaves and then he may even be allowed home on a tag so maybe 4-5 months?

Who knows....I do know that Peters a good kid and all of us are devastated

Unreal ..... the truth is they say they cant find intereptors because they cant afford em! thats straight up.

Shame everyone who got nicked didnt speak welsh when they got to Chelsea nick :lol:

Seriously though Corks, keep your chin up and hopefully he gets out as soon as possible and prior gets a transfer nearer to home so its easier for you to visit.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:12 am

Corky, I don't know you but I am also saddened by this.

Please don't listen to the minority spouting their rubbish. The sentences were unduly harsh, and really show what is wrong with the legal system.

Tell your son that any Cardiff fan that matters is behind him and is supporting him. Please give regards to all of your family, and I wish you all the best that is possible in such circumstances.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:14 am

Corky mate I guted for your boy and your family too,just to say my freind Nathan aka(bomber) was sentanced to 12 months today aswell for excactly the same offence throwing a traffic cone he also was in the paras has been fighting in Afgan for his country for the past 4 years .The news has come as a masive shock to us in Gabalfa as knowing Nathan as we do Wormwood is not where he belongs especially for a MINOR offence like this,but being positive IF we can under these circumstances I dont think they will struggle to do there time knowing what they are trained for ,and I am also glad he aint going back to Afghan to fight for a country that has today proved that it dont give a f**k for him, ye we will miss them but WE are used to that with the job they do its at the moment the way im trying to think of it .

Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:51 am

Is his dad Big Neil? If so that was a shock to all of us mate....never thought they would send him down...3 times toured Afghan...unreal

Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:58 am

corky, what happened today is sh*t, all wrong. we all respect you and your family and im just really gutted for you, its just not wright. stay strong corky - we all with you, thinkin of you and your family. im very upset about this, if i cold put it wright i wold, but i cant, all i can do is to say im thinking of you and when i see you at the city next i will give you a big hug.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:10 am

Sorry to hear about that. The justice system in the UK is a farce.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:49 am

corky wrote:You probablt all know by now that my son was given sixteen months in jail today....he was charged with violent conduct for throwing an object and a cone at the Chelsea match...nobody was hurt in these incidents but my son was guilty of doing this crime...no argument....but 16 months sentence for a first offence????????????????

Corky, I'm with you on this one. The sentence did not fit the cime. Look at the way all those MP's conned the tax payers with their expences' claims and what happened for 99.9% of them? NOTHING! People in the S/E of England thinks the whole of GB has money. How wrong can they be.

StT.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:04 am

Corky, this is all wrong, I 'm gutted for you mate. You and your lad along with all our boys up there are in our thoughts.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:54 am

just reading your post corky and tbh it has made me speechless, i even read it out to my missus and the first thing she said was '''look at all those pervs that are walking the street'' just makes you feel hatred towards our dated system and our once ever so proud country

Our thoughts are with you and your family

Baz

Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:13 am

A totaly shocking story,all the best to you and your son in coping with this complete misscarige of justice :( :(

Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:20 am

Paul,

The sentence is a f*cking disgrace mate, im speechless tbh.

Keep strong for his young family mate as I know you will

Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:26 am

The worlds gone mad mate. Stay strong Corky. Hope he lands a job as soon as he's out and about.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:37 am

Corky, I know you well and you and your Family are Good people, Your Son does not even Deserve a day in prison, If you need any help in appealing the sentence, I would be very happy to help you.
Thinking of you All. :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:00 am

thanks guys for support...we all need to stick together...we wont appeal...hopefully with remision and credit for early guilty plea Pete will be home in 4 months maybe 6 maximum. We have other bills that need sorting now and appeal seems fruitless to me me seeing what I did Yesterday....the Home office want examples made...

Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:09 am

good luck to you and your family corky.

The sentence seems completely disproportionate to the 'crime'.

I am usually outspoken about football hooliganism on here but on this occasion your lad is carrying the can for years of some of our fans really misbehaving at football matches.

16 months is ridiculous. I really hope it gets reduced on appeal.

Your son sounds like a good kid, who simply had a rush of blood.

Good luck.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:17 am

Corky,
I know Peter well, my family and I are devastated at this gross miscarriage of justice. This has just proved what we already know, our country is a joke, the justice system is a joke.
I hate to see a good mans life turned upside down.
Thinking of you and hour family

Gavin Gray

Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:20 am

Cork,

Im no solicitor obviously, but what you say mate about the Met being hell bent on making people pay, I would forget the appeal cos that could backfire. Lets hope mate we have him back on tag in 4//5 months. All the best

Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:22 am

MAKES ME MAD AS SHIT! I CANNOT EVEN PUT INTO WORDS THE ANGER!!

A f*cking nonce gets less time! take this to any media you can and shame the useless twats! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: