Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: For Those Waiting To Go To Court...Please Read

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:30 am

mutie wrote:Very very harsh. Wurzel gummidge didnt get much more than that for trying to kill a copper throwing a fire extinguisher off millbank roof.

Gutted for them all. Best wishes to all the families involved. Stay strong.

He didn't try and kill a copper he got lost in the moment and did something stupid. He was charged with Violent Disorder and admitted guilt. I'm not defending him the guy is a tw*t.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:41 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
krab wrote:
princebluegaz wrote:well said geraint,ive read a few comments today from so called city fans who in my opinion dont live in the real world,i would advise these people to have a good look at themselves,do these pricks understand how the world works ,peter threw a cone ,he reacted to a situation ,i challenge anyone to say that they havent done anything silly and regretted its seconds later ,thats why were human !

as i posted earlier ive known you guys since you were little,your are both a credit to your mam and dad ,im gutted tonight ,in fact im angry!!!!
take care talk soon !!!! :ayatollah:

it makes no odds mate if as you put it SO CALLED CITY FANS.because he is a city fan doesnt mean fans need to back him,but and this is my honest opinion,the sentence is disgustingly harsh and given by a judge who has never encountered anything in the real world,be peter be a city fan,a jack or a man u fan this sentence is rubbish :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I'm in no way trying to justify the sentencing, but having looked at the offence 'Violent Disorder' I would guess that these lads are more victims of circumstances than anything else.

Their actions appear to be trivial and no-one got hurt but unfortunatley the criteria for bringing a successful prosecution for VO was committed and the sentences they received were in line with other case law See: http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/s_to_u/sent ... _disorder/ and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violent_Disorder

I suspect that's why there is no plan to appeal and frankly writing to MP's and AM's will fall on deaf ears. TBH this is a real eye opener for me and it's all rather frightening.

Having reflected on this overnight, and the obvious similarities to the sentence handed down to the muppet with the Extinguisher at Millbank I think the overtones are far more sinister. The Government are forcing through unpalatable policies and we haven't seen anything yet. They have put a marker in the ground "By all means protest but misbehave and you are going to get hammered." There was a sharp intake of breath from many at the sentence given to the Millbank muppet. They have carried this on to the other "organised" flash points - football related violence. This hard-line approach was seen with sentences of those Burnley fans.
I would be very surprised to see it applied tonight in Cardiff for the rugby where misbehaviour is sporadic, not organised and usual fuelled by too much alcohol - government would want to take too much action that might force down tax revenues.
Like it or not, problems are football matches are seen to be more organised - there is a long history - and many members of the public will be saying it's about time there was a proper crack down, irrespective of how just the sentencing is.
The most unfair element of this is that an example is being made - I'm sure if everybody involved properly understood what the penalties could have been, they would have thought twice before undertaking what they did. It just does not feel like justice.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:50 am

If protesters turn violent and get hammered I am all for that. Many on here, when the protests occurred were all for harsh sentences on them.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:08 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
krab wrote:
princebluegaz wrote:well said geraint,ive read a few comments today from so called city fans who in my opinion dont live in the real world,i would advise these people to have a good look at themselves,do these pricks understand how the world works ,peter threw a cone ,he reacted to a situation ,i challenge anyone to say that they havent done anything silly and regretted its seconds later ,thats why were human !

as i posted earlier ive known you guys since you were little,your are both a credit to your mam and dad ,im gutted tonight ,in fact im angry!!!!
take care talk soon !!!! :ayatollah:

it makes no odds mate if as you put it SO CALLED CITY FANS.because he is a city fan doesnt mean fans need to back him,but and this is my honest opinion,the sentence is disgustingly harsh and given by a judge who has never encountered anything in the real world,be peter be a city fan,a jack or a man u fan this sentence is rubbish :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I'm in no way trying to justify the sentencing, but having looked at the offence 'Violent Disorder' I would guess that these lads are more victims of circumstances than anything else.

Their actions appear to be trivial and no-one got hurt but unfortunatley the criteria for bringing a successful prosecution for VO was committed and the sentences they received were in line with other case law See: http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/s_to_u/sent ... _disorder/ and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violent_Disorder

I suspect that's why there is no plan to appeal and frankly writing to MP's and AM's will fall on deaf ears. TBH this is a real eye opener for me and it's all rather frightening.

totally agree,frightening,and everyone should be made aware that a moment of madness,brevado whatever is going to cost you very dear,not good and certainly not the right justice. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:36 am

stefan lewis davies was on for affray, hes 1 of the quietest boys youll ever meet, hes got a good job and a great family and has never been in trouble before. ive seen all the video evidence of him and he is standing at the front chanting like hundreds of others, tell me where a 16 month sentence come from for that.
everyone that knows morgan knows how nice of a lad he is. ive also seen all morgan videos and all he is doing is running with the crown, how does that deserve a 8 month sentence.
yesterday was the worse day of my life and ill never put myself or my family and friends through that again.
watching all the lads being taken down for very small offences really was sickening, thoughts are with all their families