Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What does rugby mean to you?

Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:34 pm

Chase the Egg time again, shall be avoiding town, the rubbish, stench of piss, vomit, middle aged women dressed as slags in cowgirl hats looking to get laid with thier cheap argos gold, none of them knowing the rules of the game or actually watch it, just a excuse to "go on the piss like".

Rugby national Sport of wales?? Got to be kidding right?, its f*cking 6 times a year Pathetic shit!!

Re: What does rugby mean to you?

Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:36 pm

I love rugby, it provides me with something to do when the city aint at home. And before you say go away, I can't afford it!

Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:36 pm

Drunk & sometimes very abusive fans [people wearing red shirts] on the train.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:37 pm

Sweet Football Association

Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:42 pm

I dont really watch Rugby ,but I love to watch Wales when they play. The 6 Nations I love I love to Watch Wales Crush the english scum.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:46 pm

As long as we beat the english........

Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:47 pm

What does rugby mean to me - nothing, I'll be watching Reading v QPR.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:56 pm

plenty of fat slags in sequinned cowboy hats :roll: that know feck all about the game pissed up looking to get some action :lol:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:57 pm

i hope wales beat englandstarn in anything, but i hate the egg

Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:59 pm

Means nothing to me other than I wont be going into town drinking on those days :cry:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:02 pm

I used to regularly follow Pontypridd RFC home and away and had a season ticket there for 3 seasons in the late 70's when Id given up on CCFC due to expense basically ...... back in the days before mergers when the likes of Newport , Aberavon , Swansea and Cardiff were shite :lol:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:16 pm

electricblue wrote:plenty of fat slags in sequinned cowboy hats :roll: that know feck all about the game pissed up looking to get some action :lol:

JUST YOUR TYPE THEN ? :lol: :lol:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:20 pm

A sport where grown men will laugh at you when you suffer a serious injury in your first training session

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:23 pm

Nowt, nothing, not a sausage, diddly squat, zilch, zero, feck all, if not less. :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:34 pm

Ben wrote:Chase the Egg time again, shall be avoiding town, the rubbish, stench of piss, vomit, middle aged women dressed as slags in cowgirl hats looking to get laid with thier cheap argos gold, none of them knowing the rules of the game or actually watch it, just a excuse to "go on the piss like".

Rugby national Sport of wales?? Got to be kidding right?, its f*cking 6 times a year Pathetic shit!!

f*cking hate the sport!!!

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:36 pm

I'd rather gauge my eyes out with rusty nails than watch a load of fat idiots bang into eachother.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:37 pm

It used to mean me going to my local, sitting with my back to the tv and shouting "thank fack we got a football team" if Wales were losing/ lost , while looking at the die hard supporters in the bar that wouldn't go to a game of rugby if it was part of thier community service. I aint shouted this for a while for obvious reasons.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:45 pm

You can stick the f*cking rugby up your arse :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:49 pm

For me its a free ticket, free food and free beer. I can pretend to like it for one day..... :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:04 pm

I think rugby in Wales has been dieing a death for several years now due basically to the arrogant arseholes that run the game.
I can remember going to a domestic cup final in the old stadium, Neath v Ponty, and you couldn't get a ticket for love nor money. These days they could play that same cup final in my back garden and the total number of fans wouldn't fill my patio set.
Rather than look at why fans were leaving the game in droves they decided to reduce the number of teams down to what we have now in the hope of combining fan bases. These days they have to resort to lying about attendances it's gone that bad.
National sport my arse? Don't make me laugh. I don't know who decided that but whoever he was he didn't consult the people of Wales.
I wonder if the train woman will catch the train this Friday? Then she can see what real holigans look like. Not that BBC Wales would report on it though.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:10 pm

30 fat fellas kicking an egg out of play as often as they can and kicking each others' heads in on the field ( also known as "high jinks" ) as after all it's a man's game.

In what other sport ( apart from cricket) do you get a round of applause for deliberately putting the ball out of play?

What other sport cannot think of a name for all the positions in the team so has to name one position after the number on the players back? "Number 8". Must have taken ages to think that up!

Only team sport which fat bastards can get involved and pretend to be sportsmen ( and before anyone says anything, Jon Parkin is "well-built", not fat. :lol: )

Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:18 pm

nothing!

Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:22 pm

I enjoy Rugby. Good crowd and atmosphere. If you dont like it, Dont watch and complain? Simple

Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:23 pm

Berwyn wrote:I think rugby in Wales has been dieing a death for several years now due basically to the arrogant arseholes that run the game.
I can remember going to a domestic cup final in the old stadium, Neath v Ponty, and you couldn't get a ticket for love nor money. These days they could play that same cup final in my back garden and the total number of fans wouldn't fill my patio set.
Rather than look at why fans were leaving the game in droves they decided to reduce the number of teams down to what we have now in the hope of combining fan bases. These days they have to resort to lying about attendances it's gone that bad.
National sport my arse? Don't make me laugh. I don't know who decided that but whoever he was he didn't consult the people of Wales.
I wonder if the train woman will catch the train this Friday? Then she can see what real holigans look like. Not that BBC Wales would report on it though.

I used to work on the trains and I can promise you it was the most horrible days of the year when those pissed up arseholes used to get on to go home. No manners, no brains and no class. Your right though, its just seen as a bit of fun when its egg chasers, but hooligans when its football. Most of the wankers at the BBC have never been subjected to a load of abuse from twenty five fat, obnoxious drunk tossers that you are actually trying to do a favour to by getting them home. They never travel alone and some of the things I've seen have been genuinely scary, but there's no trouble at the rugby is there lads :evil: :evil: :twisted:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:30 pm

Bluebird1962 wrote:
Berwyn wrote:I think rugby in Wales has been dieing a death for several years now due basically to the arrogant arseholes that run the game.

I used to work on the trains and I can promise you it was the most horrible days of the year when those pissed up arseholes used to get on to go home. No manners, no brains and no class. Your right though, its just seen as a bit of fun when its egg chasers, but hooligans when its football. Most of the wankers at the BBC have never been subjected to a load of abuse from twenty five fat, obnoxious drunk tossers that you are actually trying to do a favour to by getting them home. They never travel alone and some of the things I've seen have been genuinely scary, but there's no trouble at the rugby is there lads :evil: :evil: :twisted:

I work on the trains & thats exactly how it is.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:33 pm

Rugby is minority sport and as a proud welshman i fookin hate it with a passion..........stick it up your arses you tw@ts :evil:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:53 pm

cant stand the game. always have despised it. especially the 6 nations shite. everyone going out to "support" it. all the women in their shirts and hats etc. really gets on my wick! especially the plastic football fans that are sooooo patriotic, idiotic more like! this sums it all up for me: years ago, me and the boys were all having an indian after a nite on the beer, (wales had played england earlier that day and beaten them), when all of a sudden, this guy stands up and says "excuse me, can i have everyones attention for a minute please, id just like to say im really happy for 2 reasons today. firstly, we beat those bastards earlier, (to which the whole restaurant cheered), and secondly........coz the mighty leeds united won!!" EH!?!?!? Grrrrrrrrr! fuckin winds me right up! :evil:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:04 pm

SHIT
pointless 6 nation games every single year over and over.
in football were lucky to play england once every 6 - 8 years

town is overcrowded with pissed up people in Red shirts, many of them fit women , but they aint your usual
tart like woman you'l find in great western on a saturday night :ayatollah:

Just in genural there is no art to Rugby

Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:10 pm

its a good excuss for a punch up in maesteg........and thats just the women
international day is an embaisment to wales and the welsh people

Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:21 pm

maesteg bluebird wrote:cant stand the game. always have despised it. especially the 6 nations shite. everyone going out to "support" it. all the women in their shirts and hats etc. really gets on my wick! especially the plastic football fans that are sooooo patriotic, idiotic more like! this sums it all up for me: years ago, me and the boys were all having an indian after a nite on the beer, (wales had played england earlier that day and beaten them), when all of a sudden, this guy stands up and says "excuse me, can i have everyones attention for a minute please, id just like to say im really happy for 2 reasons today. firstly, we beat those bastards earlier, (to which the whole restaurant cheered), and secondly........coz the mighty leeds united won!!" EH!?!?!? Grrrrrrrrr! fuckin winds me right up! :evil:

what i mean is, the guy said summin along the lines of "we beat the english scum" then was over the moon coz leeds had won! fuckin hypocrite