Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OUT OF THE LAST 16 GAMES WE HAVE NOW WON

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:14 am

OUT OF THE LAST 16 GAMES WE HAVE NOW WON ONLY 4 GAMES, THAT TO ME IS RELEGATION FORM and THE PRESSURE IS ON US, NOT THE JACKS ON SUNDAY.

DJ's FAMOUS QUOTE " IF WE LOOSE to SWANSEA I AM SURE THE FANS WONT REALLY CARE AS LONG AS WE GET PROMOTED "

But DJ We never get Promoted and If We Loose on Sunday you will go down in History as the First Cardiff City Manager to ever let the Jacks do the double over us in the Same Season.
No come on DAVE JONES Show Some Passion and sort your head out and lets BEAT THE JERKS and GO ON FROM THERE TO AN AMAZING RUN :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: OUT OF THE LAST 16 GAMES WE HAVE NOW WON

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:17 am

If i was the Chairman i would have gone in and sacked him at half time last night, during this bad patch only Chopra was trying and at he was scoring hoe come he was dropped last night the man is a clown.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:19 am

if the jacks do the double over us they will always have bragging rights over us but prsonally i dont think it would bother dj one bit just as long a he s picking up his huge wages the bloke dont care his shoking team selections prove that

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:20 am

I honestly cannot see a win coming on Sunday! The only benefit we have is that the Jacks believe they will beat us. That is the only thing we can use to our advantage.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:25 am

I'm with you on that annis get rid of jonesy now he don't even move from the side he doesn't get anything across to the players and is only mr plan A

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:52 am

you could look at it this way , we are unbeaten in our last 4 league games , winning 2 and drawing 2 , 8pts from 12 considering who we played leeds, norwich , watford and reading , i don't think its that bad return

Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:00 am

mad-bad-brad wrote:I'm with you on that annis get rid of jonesy now he don't even move from the side he doesn't get anything across to the players and is only mr plan A

So what was the change of formation then....both plan A?

Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:02 am

Darran,

Spot on fella, anybody would have bit their hands off for 8pts from those games. Like I said, lets get FEB out of the way then kick on

Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:05 am

darran1927 wrote:you could look at it this way , we are unbeaten in our last 4 league games , winning 2 and drawing 2 , 8pts from 12 considering who we played leeds, norwich , watford and reading , i don't think its that bad return

that's actually very good way to think about it didn't think of that haha :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:06 am

bluebirds23 wrote:
darran1927 wrote:you could look at it this way , we are unbeaten in our last 4 league games , winning 2 and drawing 2 , 8pts from 12 considering who we played leeds, norwich , watford and reading , i don't think its that bad return

that's actually very good way to think about it didn't think of that haha :ayatollah:

4 games is way too small a sample set to draw any conculsions from.

Other than Naylor is utter gash.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:07 am

nerd wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote:

4 games is way too small a sample set to draw any conculsions from.

Other than Naylor is utter gash.

oh here he goes.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:14 am

We will probably loose to the Jacks on Sunday and the go on to beat them in the play-off final! :lol:

The problem with our league position all stem from the bad run we had in November and December. Last nights result although disappointing was not that bad considering Reading are a decent team but now we are playing catch up. Its not the end of earth we are still only 3 points off 2nd spot with a game in hand on most teams. I still think that 2nd spot we be between us and Forest. The new players we have will need time to gel and when that happens we should be flying. The last 4 league games have been a big improvement on the previous 10. We have played very good teams in Leeds, Watford, Norwich and Reading and we are unbeaten. Thats not bad. Once Keinan is fit and ready to go I think the defence will settle down and that will be a massive boost.

Its all to play for. The other results went against us last night but its swings and roundabouts and from now til the end of the season other teams will slip up and we will hopefully hit form and go on a run. At the moment we are playing like a group of talented individuals and not a balanced team, get this right and we go up. :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:02 am

Forever Blue wrote:OUT OF THE LAST 16 GAMES WE HAVE NOW WON ONLY 4 GAMES, THAT TO ME IS RELEGATION FORM and THE PRESSURE IS ON US, NOT THE JACKS ON SUNDAY.

DJ's FAMOUS QUOTE " IF WE LOOSE to SWANSEA I AM SURE THE FANS WONT REALLY CARE AS LONG AS WE GET PROMOTED "

But DJ We never get Promoted and If We Loose on Sunday you will go down in History as the First Cardiff City Manager to ever let the Jacks do the double over us in the Same Season.
No come on DAVE JONES Show Some Passion and sort your head out and lets BEAT THE JERKS and GO ON FROM THERE TO AN AMAZING RUN :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sunday is more than just 3 points and pride at stake.
When the Jacks beat us last game, it dented our confidence and we went about 10 games without a decent result.
If we lose, it will be a massive dent in confidence and will define our season. :| :|

Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:07 am

FIVE (5) clean sheets all season!

That is relegation form.

We cannot just hope we will score 3-4 every time to compensate for the goals we will concede.

What I will say as Jones said post game is that Forest, swansea, QPR all played teams in bottom reaches. Norwich not so but were at home and again sneaked a late win - they cannot do that every time.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:36 am

its not relegation form as we are 5th with game in hand , i agree def needs sorting , but we are unbeaten in 4 against 4 teams that will be challenging autos / playoffs , im confident we will get top 2 still :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:58 am

darran1927 wrote:its not relegation form as we are 5th with game in hand , i agree def needs sorting , but we are unbeaten in 4 against 4 teams that will be challenging autos / playoffs , im confident we will get top 2 still :ayatollah:

It is not exactly promotion form is it? If you look at past 14 games (nearly a third of a season).

4 wins.
4 draws.
6 defeats

14 points from 42.

ONE clean sheet.

Love your (misplaced) optimism though :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:09 pm

This sunday i expect nothing but the normal WHICH GOES LIKE THIS.Dj will stand on the touch line with his hands in his long black flashers mac which for some reason over 90 mins they never leave his pockets due to the no more nails someone put in them before the start of the game to boost morale,meanwhile the scum will pass the ball around us for fun for 85mins as after all we will have 5mins of the game like the last 3games vs them posession wise,no1 will be instructed to close them down the formation will be the same old mess to counteract the jacks,dyer will walk past naylor for the whole game if hes not subbed again by halftime (i hope he dont play im begging) and while all this is going on are manager is still doing an impersonation of ive got my head in the clouds once again as he can not see whats going on and what went on in past derbys (ITS ONLY 3POINTS) ,terry burton will wisper one instruction to a random player during the time as dave carnt be arsed and BR will be blue in the face while screaming for 90+mins hugging the touchline,we will get beat and its embarrasing to watch like the last few games vs the filth but im guessing there be some kind of blagg come the aftermatch interview...be lucky for a draw i think but carnt see anything other than a swansea team passing around us for fun if we go off the last load of team talks/tactic/player instuctions by dj before previous derbys :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:22 pm

.............and pick up his monthly pay packet of £62,500 as though its just another game, bemoaning "we have to learn to keep the back door shut."

yeah right - 1 clean sheet in past 14!

Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:27 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:oh here he goes.

Tis a fact tho. On both points.

Longer trend of 14 games indicates poor form. Last four games shows an improvement, but 4 games too small a number to believe things have dramatically turned around.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:43 pm

So need to win 2-3 on the spin.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:41 pm

From Facebook

Adrian Gregory 02 February at 11:04 Report
Just say this annis.why leave chops and burke on bench.4 wins in last 16 games with this squad is laughable.i was confident going down jerk land sunday but I aint after that showing last night its 2 late 2 sack him but we need 2 get behind the squad and back them now.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:44 pm

4 wins.
4 draws.
6 defeats

14 points from 42

That is shit!!

Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:50 pm

The preassure IS firmily on us, & the one thing i do know about DJ & his teams is that they don't perform under preassure, they blow it & crumble in spectacular fashion. I said earlier, if we loose Sunday things will fall apart. Sorry for the doome & gloome, but thats what i feel! :cry:

Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:55 pm

Ben wrote:4 wins.
4 draws.
6 defeats

14 points from 42

That is shit!!

8 from 12 isn't in last 4 games (current form ) its not brilliant by any means , but its a big improvemt on previous 4 games before that, especially the teams we have played in last 4 leeds, norwich , watford and reading

Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:58 pm

darran1927 wrote:
4 draws.
6 defeats

14 points from 42

That is shit!!

8 from 12 isn't in last 4 its not brilliant by any means , but its a big improvemt on previous 4 games before that, especially the teams we have played in last 4 leeds, norwich , watford and reading

Massage the figures any you want mate; it's still piss poor form.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:13 pm

Danny Says wrote:
darran1927 wrote:
4 draws.
6 defeats

14 points from 42

That is shit!!

8 from 12 isn't in last 4 its not brilliant by any means , but its a big improvemt on previous 4 games before that, especially the teams we have played in last 4 leeds, norwich , watford and reading

Massage the figures any you want mate; it's still piss poor form.

if you look over last 16 then yes, but if you look at most '' recent games '' then you have to say its an improvemt its there in black and white , i know we are 5th but we could be 2nd again if results go our way on weekend

Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:14 pm

I will go on the record of saying Annis that if we lose to those Jacks at the weekend we will NOT go up.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:21 pm

Damned Yank wrote:I will go on the record of saying Annis that if we lose to those Jacks at the weekend we will NOT go up.

I totaly agree, loose on Sunday & we are on a slippery slope down. As for results going our way on the weekend, result have gone our way for the last three months , last night the tide finaly turned & results went against us. Our destiny is still in our hands at the moment, lets just see what happens!

Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:26 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:
Damned Yank wrote:I will go on the record of saying Annis that if we lose to those Jacks at the weekend we will NOT go up.

I totaly agree, loose on Sunday & we are on a slippery slope down. As for results going our way on the weekend, result have gone our way for the last three months , last night the tide finaly turned & results went against us. Our destiny is still in our hands at the moment, lets just see what happens!

the fixtures this weekend though are not easy , qpr away to reading , forest home to watford , norwich away burnley , leeds home to coventry

Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:29 pm

darran1927 wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:

the fixtures this weekend though are not easy , qpr away to reading , forest home to watford , norwich away burnley , leeds home to coventry

the week after qpr are home to forest