Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Is it time........

Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:48 pm

Jonathan Meades had a look in - in midfield? almost 19yrs old, 13st and 6ft 1" midfielder.....

Bout time we started blooding these lads? He had a loan spell in Norway recently - Anyone know how he got on?

Wouldn't mind seeing him on the bench against Reading to be honest and let him have 20 mins towards the end or something if we're leading?

anyway, Food for thought. :ayatollah:

Re: Is it time........

Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:56 pm

i really dont understand peoples obsession with blooding these youngsters now....we are at the business end of the season and we need experiance at the moment, people that have been there and done it. I mean sometimes it comes across like this "well we didnt get promotion, but we gave the young lads a run out" bollox, if DJ does this and it backfires everyone will be saying never should have put the youngsters in! If we get to the prem that is when to try out youngsters, in the meaningless carling cup or send them on loan to championship clubs....

Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:01 pm

Yes experience is important but look at all the youngsters in Watford team. They are full of passion and fight until the final whistle.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:02 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:i really dont understand peoples obsession with blooding these youngsters now....we are at the business end of the season and we need experiance at the moment, people that have been there and done it. I mean sometimes it comes across like this "well we didnt get promotion, but we gave the young lads a run out" bollox, if DJ does this and it backfires everyone will be saying never should have put the youngsters in! If we get to the prem that is when to try out youngsters, in the meaningless carling cup or send them on loan to championship clubs....

Well as you know, Dave Jones hasnt had the money he had hoped for (Again) so rather than spend hundreds of thousands on players, why not use the talent we already have - Matthews doesn't get a look in - in his natural position (right wing/midfield) whilst Burke continues to have many off days, we could also slip McNAughton over to left back and play Darcey on the right using keinan and Hudson in the middle- there are many options-im just simply putting it out there for discussion....

When you have limited resources like we do financially at the moment - we should maybe play with the team spirit of clubs like Blackpool and Swansea and Others that havent spent much money.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:17 pm

Tbh i can see him being released at the end of the season just like magennis was
We should be bringin up our youth to challenge for the first team but they need chances to impress

:ayatollah:

Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:20 pm

Sorry but darcy has been shit this season, and matthews hasnt exactly shined......

Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:30 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:Sorry but darcy has been shit this season, and matthews hasnt exactly shined......

Yea must agree darcy hasn been as effective as last year and matthews confidence has fallen extremely since DJ publicly critised him.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:33 pm

You don't win anything with kids! Oh wait

If won't happen we would have kept Wildig had DJ wanted that methodology.