Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Newcastle accept 35 million 4 Carrol

Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:08 pm

From Liverpool

Re: Newcastle accept 35 million 4 Carrol

Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:09 pm

A £15 million bid for Jay in the offing then.............

Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:10 pm

The Cobra wrote:From Liverpool

World has gone mad.

How can that be possible - is it April fools day come early?

Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:10 pm

The Cobra wrote:From Liverpool

the sky sports guy up in north east said thats rubbish .

Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:12 pm

If Andy Carroll is worth £35m to Liverpool then Bothroyd is worth AT LEAST £5m! :|

Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:14 pm

5 million for Jay then?

Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:23 pm

Merlin wrote:If Andy Carroll is worth £35m to Liverpool then Bothroyd is worth AT LEAST £5m! :|

More like £25m.

This whole scenario is totally pathetic for a thug who was elbowing his way around the Championship less than twelve months ago.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:48 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:
Merlin wrote:If Andy Carroll is worth £35m to Liverpool then Bothroyd is worth AT LEAST £5m! :|

More like £25m.

This whole scenario is totally pathetic for a thug who was elbowing his way around the Championship less than twelve months ago.

I agree - He's NEVER worth that much!! bit of publicity stunt in it too for a Liverpool team that cant win shit this season!

Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:50 pm

I think Pardew may go in for Carlton Cole instead of Bothroyd

Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:51 pm

Hmm, let's see.

5m for Bothroyd when his value goes to errm, zero tomorrow?

Bit of reality, eh?

Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:04 pm

nerd wrote:

Hmm, let's see.

Bit of reality, eh?

So just because his contract runs out his value goes down does it! :lol:

He might not earn us any money if he leaves, but he still has value! That's like saying my BMW convertible isn't worth anything after the 1st day of winter!!!

Anyway, if jones sells him for arguments sake £2.5m and risks a promotion bonus of 90m and we fail that wouldn't be good business would it. So I'd keep Bothroyd and risk losing him but with more chance of promotion! :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:06 pm

Btw. That was in retrospect of Andy carrolls fee! I'm not saying Bothroyd is worth that much, I was merely comparing him against an over rated player...

Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 pm

Gerrard, Carragher and Carroll on a night out in Liverpool; they are gonna have to cover up some murders next season :o

Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:21 pm

Merlin wrote:
nerd wrote:

Hmm, let's see.

Bit of reality, eh?

So just because his contract runs out his value goes down does it! :lol:

He might not earn us any money if he leaves, but he still has value! That's like saying my BMW convertible isn't worth anything after the 1st day of winter!!!

Anyway, if jones sells him for arguments sake £2.5m and risks a promotion bonus of 90m and we fail that wouldn't be good business would it. So I'd keep Bothroyd and risk losing him but with more chance of promotion! :ayatollah:

Errm, yes, his value is precisely zero when transfer deadline window closes, that's what he will almost certainly leave for if we don't promote.

Why do YOU think established Prem player Pienaar went to Spurs for less than a third of his market value? Why do you think Parkin was got for only 100k?

And money in the hand is guaranteed money in the hand. Given DJ's end of season record, promotion with Jay not guaranteed... gambling on the hopes of going up is precisely what Ridsdale did... which is why we're utterly reliant upon the Malaysians...

Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:26 pm

Yep that's the point indeed. Bothroyd will be worth nothing tomorrow if he is still here. If he signs another contract then thats a different ball game.

You cannot compare it to a BMW; sorry but you cannot. Take Anelka. He has 18 months left on his contract. His value is suggested to be £6-8m. If he was out of contract in June then if he stayed at Chelsea for the rest of the seaosn his value would be, like Bothroyds, nothing.

That is why it is so vital to get them signed up to decent contracts.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: