Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: The official last day transfer window thread

Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:57 pm

Anyone nthink we will sign anyone today ?.......i just got a feeling where going to go with what we got...an truthfully i think what we got is class an good enough

Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:01 pm

boozer wrote:Anyone nthink we will sign anyone today ?.......i just got a feeling where going to go with what we got...an truthfully i think what we got is class an good enough

Agree - though a LB would be OK :)

Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:09 pm

I think what we got will do, but if another left sided defender came available on loan or permaneant, that would be perfect.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:15 pm

What ever happened to those trailists we had in pre-season? A French guy Gergory something who was an ex-Liverpool left-back and some tall Finish fella who apparently could play any where accross the back four.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:18 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:What ever happened to those trailists we had in pre-season? A French guy Gergory something who was an ex-Liverpool left-back and some tall Finish fella who apparently could play any where accross the back four.

Gregory Vignal

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_detai ... erid=22584

Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:32 pm

Andy Keough could be the only player leaving us today, most likely on a loan until the end of the season.
unless any big bids come in for jay!

Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:34 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:What ever happened to those trailists we had in pre-season? A French guy Gergory something who was an ex-Liverpool left-back and some tall Finish fella who apparently could play any where accross the back four.

Gregory Vignal

Cheers Martyn looks like he is still avaiable.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:35 pm

milly44 wrote:Andy Keough could be the only player leaving us today, most likely on a loan until the end of the season.

if newcastle sell carroll for 35 or 40 which is reporting to happen later, don't be surprised if newcastle go there u go der 5 or 6 for jay lol

Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:35 pm

milly44 wrote:Andy Keough could be the only player leaving us today, most likely on a loan until the end of the season.

if so, we need toake advantage of this free 'main' loan anhd replace him with another player

did keogh want to leave or does wolves want him playing regularry?

Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:36 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Vintage 63 wrote:

Gregory Vignal

Cheers Martyn looks like he is still avaiable.

wasnt the other guy Tony Koskella or something ????

Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:41 pm

That was him - looked a bit pants against Deportivo I think it was.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:44 pm

david campese going to bolton

roger de courcy on loan to southend

bobby davro may move to newcastle

dennis waterman has left fulham for watford

elton john might be gay

Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:55 pm

Perhaos this will bring a smile to our faces - from Jay:

Tweetfam please listen : I'm happy at Cardiff just finished training im ready for the game tomorrow!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:56 pm

Bluebird1962 wrote:Heard a rumour ages ago that Marshall was going back to Norwich - probably bullshit though.

I was told this by someone ages ago who is 'close' to the club. I was cynical. However, in that conversation the same person said Keogh would be recalled from loan and loaned elsewhere :?

Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:59 pm

glammy74 wrote:

if so, we need toake advantage of this free 'main' loan anhd replace him with another player

did keogh want to leave or does wolves want him playing regularry?

carl has just confirmed keough's move in another thread. its a bit of both :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:01 pm

so if Keogh is off to Bristol then that must mean Sam Vokes has left Bristol and gone back to Wolves ?

Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:01 pm

am i right that the loan window is open again next week? if so we can wait and see who's not in the premierhsip squads and replace keogh and drinkwater that way

Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:17 pm

I've nothing to add

Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:18 pm

Bothaldo wrote:am i right that the loan window is open again next week? if so we can wait and see who's not in the premierhsip squads and replace keogh and drinkwater that way

Yes as far as I am aware.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:25 pm

Nicesocks wrote:I've nothing to add

Neither have I

Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:28 pm

moz-dublin wrote:david campese going to bolton

roger de courcy on loan to southend

bobby davro may move to newcastle

dennis waterman has left fulham for watford

elton john might be gay

ANNIS moving to cardiff :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:34 pm

anis and 10 move to canton cant name them yet untill move is confirmed just incase someone else jump in :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:55 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:so if Keogh is off to Bristol then that must mean Sam Vokes has left Bristol and gone back to Wolves ?

Sam Vokes been back at Wolves a couple of weeks now.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:22 pm

City old boy Matt Green joins Cheltenham on loan from Oxford. Hope he does well. :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:27 pm

1517: While we all wait for further news on those two biggies, here's BBC Sport's David Dulin with news from Wales: Preston have turned down an approach by Cardiff City for goalkeeper Andy Lonergan. PNE Chairman Maurice Lindsay said: "Andy Lonergan was coveted by Cardiff but they didn't value him very highly. Even so, we probably wouldn't have sold him."

If Carl is right and there trying to put their players out in the shop window there really trying to drum up interest for Lonergan.
Probably wouldn't have sold him, that screams out "bid bid bid!!!"

Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:34 pm

Hull captain midfielder Ian Ashbee moves to Preston. could this mean someone out ??

Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:36 pm

hurry up and shut transfer window ffs!

Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:39 pm

Hopefully a cheeky loan bid for Chelsea's LB Ryan Bertrand. His loan finished with Forest this month and they've now got Konchesky. Would be a great signing for us I think, provide a bit of pace at the back and some legs to get forward.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:11 pm

CHARLIE ADAM TO MANCHESTER UNITED :shock:

Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:12 pm

I wouldnt be to sure the odds are: -

Liverpool 1/5
Man Utd 1/4

So Liverpool are still favourites to sign Charlie Adam.