Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: The official last day transfer window thread

Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:44 am

Bluebird1962 wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:
Bluebird1962 wrote:Sky Sports rumours page reporting Pratley and Williams to Wolves in double swoop.

SSN reported Craig Bellamy at Manchester training ground when the rumours of him coming here, he was watching reports from CCS as he was about to sign so I wouldn't believe in much they tell us.

ONly following the thread mate - people asked for news and I've posted what i've seen - I never for one minute suggested it was true.

I know pal, I'll be glad when 11 o clock come's. But then the loan window opens :lol: which according to what we read Keogh is off to Brizzle and that makes way for another loanee :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:44 am

Vintage 63 wrote:Rumours that we have bid for PNE keeper Andrew Lonergon ????

The problem is we don't need a new keeper, we need a new LEFT BACK! :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:46 am

Martyn that would be great if it comes off, Always rated him and westwood of Coventry as best two keepers in championship :ayatollah:
I have no confidence in Heaton at all would prefer marshall but he is shocking on crosses so i would love us to get Lonergan here :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:47 am

maybe either Marshall or Heaton are going then ? If Keogh left now I wouldnt lose any sleep :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:49 am

Bowmonster wrote:

Martyn that would be great if it comes off, Always rated him and westwood of Coventry as best two keepers in championship :ayatollah:
I have no confidence in Heaton at all would prefer marshall but he is shocking on crosses so i would love us to get Lonergan here :ayatollah:

Lonergan single handedly kept preston in the lead here and westwood in that boxing day game was amazing :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:53 am

31 Jan 2011 10:15:11
Man u have been offered 5m for michael owen by leicester. sven is keen to reunite with his former england player and owen is desperate for regular football

I Swear i heard somewhere that he was training with us? :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:59 am

Carl and annis very quiet today!!! :shock:

Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:59 am

1048: Preston chairman Maurice Lindsay claims to have turned down offers for Billy Jones, Sean St Ledger and Andy Lonergan. Meanwhile, I'm hearing that the Ian Ashbee move from Hull to Deepdale is not yet done. I'll keep you posted.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:01 am

Its been said that well known transfer site that Keogh has passed a medical at Bristol City :?

31 Jan 2011 00:10:15
Bristol City news. .3 signings for Monday. Andy Keogh has had his loan with Cardiff cancelled and will sign for City on loan from Wolves for the rest of the season (passed a medical this morning). Martin Woolford will also be signing tomorrow from Scunthorpe on a permanent transfer pending medical Monday morning, same for Billy Jones from PNE. All to be announced tomorrow. City had lined up Bednar from WBA on a permanent contract but the Keogh loan deal was more attractive to the club.

4 players on their way out or already gone - Danny Haynes went to Barnsley last week, Cole Skuse subject of a bid from Stoke, Nicky Hunt going on loan with a view to a permanent move as is Marlon Jackson.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:14 am

St Ledger rumoured to be moving to Forest with Wilson heading north to Celtic from Forest ???

Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:18 am

Why would we want Lonergan?

Sounds like Liverpool have accepted a bid for Torres and have offerred £30m for Carroll. If Carroll leaves Newcastle then I wouldn't be surprised if they try and get Bothroyd before the deadline :(

Vintage 63 wrote:St Ledger rumoured to be moving to Forest with Wilson heading north to Celtic from Forest ???

f**k me, everyone seems to be on the road to Celtic. Celtic dont have a squad, they have an army :D

Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:19 am

Blackdragon wrote:Sounds like Liverpool have accepted a bid for Torres and have offerred £30m for Carroll. If Carroll leaves Newcastle then I wouldn't be surprised if they try and get Bothroyd before the deadline :(

Geordie land is too far north for Bothroyd considering his g/f lives in London , hopefully the distance will put him off the move ?

Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:20 am

Lonergan is versatile and can play left back.
Yes it would be on the cars if Carroll goes. Keep fingers crossed.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:23 am

i know people claim we dont need a keeper but i for one would be happy to sign him up to replace either of our keepers

Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:27 am

Maybe marshall on his way?

Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:28 am

Vintage 63 wrote:
Blackdragon wrote:Sounds like Liverpool have accepted a bid for Torres and have offerred £30m for Carroll. If Carroll leaves Newcastle then I wouldn't be surprised if they try and get Bothroyd before the deadline :(

Geordie land is too far north for Bothroyd considering his g/f lives in London , hopefully the distance will put him off the move ?

I agree! He also hates the cold!! :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:28 am

Forestbluebirds wrote:Lonergan is versatile and can play left back.

Your shitting me right? I know back in the day I would have had Chilavert (The Paraguayan GK) upfront in the blink of an eye, but Lonergan LB? Surely not :D

Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:30 am

Yes im shitting

Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:32 am

Heard a rumour ages ago that Marshall was going back to Norwich - probably bullshit though.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:34 am

Forestbluebirds wrote:Yes im shitting

Thank god for that, although there's no reason at all to doubt that he wouldn't be an upgrade for Naylor haha!

Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:35 am

1116: Rolling, rolling, rolling. The Press Association is reporting that Newcastle have rejected a £30m bid from Liverpool for Andy Carroll.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:35 am

Forestbluebirds wrote:Why would we want Lonergan?
Because he is better than the two keepers we currently have.
:ayatollah:

Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:36 am

30m for Carroll :o that means we should ask for 10m for Jay take it or leave it then DJ would have to work fast to get a replacement in :roll:

Personally there is no way i would sell Jay on the last day of the transfer window but if somebody offers silly money i can see our board selling :(

Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:43 am

Increased chatter about Harry Kewell coming here

Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:48 am

Ruislip Blue wrote:Increased chatter about Harry Kewell coming here

Because he meets the criteria of 'always injured' that we crave.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:56 am

Bothroyd is better than Carroll. Lets call Liverpool and say come and have jay for a cut price £25mill.
We can than sign anyone we like, or clear our debt.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:09 pm

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -28085733/

Apologies if this has been put up elsewhere.

Meaning Marshall is on his way?

He was good down here this season but better than what we have got?

Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:45 pm

Torres has left Melwood by helicopter. Looks like he's definitely leaving Liverpool.