Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Down in Jackland today

Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:26 pm

Was down in Swansea today visiting my Daughter who is in Uni down there (And to her Credit travels to Cardiff for every home game) Anyway we went out for Sunday dinner but on the way back to her student digs we found the road closed and had to take a diversion that took us through a area called Gors which is close to Townhill.

Lebanon and Tehran (After the recent bombings) look pleasant and nice places to live in comparison with Gors it really was a shithole complete with a maasive Gypsy type horse chained to some green outside someones house, gangs of chavs who looked high on drugs hung around and spotty faced youths were reving high powered cars which they had probably nicked. I was quite relieved when we got out of that area but then had to drive through Townhill :o :D

I know all Towns and Cities have their bad areas but this Gors looked something else anyone else been through there???

Re: Down in Jackland today

Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:29 pm

I take my son to college in Tycoch and had to drive through there myself on Monday morning, not a pretty sight :lol:

Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:29 pm

most of swansea is like it apart from the beach area's that look half tidy

the rest is just a shit tip full of chavs, benifit claiming bums, drugs, riods and fake tan wearing umpa lumpas

a

Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:34 pm

carlccfc wrote:I take my son to college in Tycoch and had to drive through there myself on Monday morning, not a pretty sight :lol:

Carl, I have driven and walked through some pretty rough areas in the past like the Gorbals in Glasgow and Toxteth Park in Liverpool but i just wanted to get out of Gors as quickly as possible mind you i did have a couple of City stickers on my car :lol: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:37 pm

It is a shit hole, I lived in the halls up in townhill for a few months. Was a nightmare, used to watch them burning out cars and rolling them down the hill. They would throw things at the windows, we got the fire hoses out and kained them through the windows, was funny as but got into a bit o trouble for it..

Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:46 pm

I lived in Swansea for nearly a year for work, near the beach. I had a 6 month period where my car was broken into SIX times. Aside from this I was also assaulted once by a group of about 30 St. Thomas based chavs resulting in a not so nice hospital visit.

My girlfriends family live close to Townhill/Gors. They live in a pretty nice house half way up Mount Pleasant hill which is actually not that bad, it's just they are surrounded by nothing but scum.

Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:49 pm

You need to visit Blaenymaes.It.makes Townhill/Mayhill seem quite tranquil.Most people have cars parked in their drives,in Blaenymaes they have horses in the gardens to get about.

Swansea has a lot of nice areas too, Sketty,Killay,West Cross,Mumbles and of course the Gower peninsula. :D

Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:53 pm

Don't forget Mayhill as well

Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:58 pm

blackswan wrote:You need to visit Blaenymaes.It.makes Townhill/Mayhill seem quite tranquil.Most people have cars parked in their drives,in Blaenymaes they have horses in the gardens to get about.

Swansea has a lot of nice areas too, Sketty,Killay,West Cross,Mumbles and of course the Gower peninsula. :D

Not forgetting the lovely Dyfatty Flats...

Actually Killay is quite pleasant (my brother lived there) and Sketty is ok (Sketty Park shithole though).

As in all places there are good and bad areas. Bristol is probably worse than Swansea. Scouseland, Manchester and Sheffield are pretty shit too.

Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:07 pm

Its a shithole fullstop but im sick of the expats in cardiff thinking they are the big men -------http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34762

Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:25 pm

blackswan wrote:You need to visit Blaenymaes.It.makes Townhill/Mayhill seem quite tranquil.Most people have cars parked in their drives,in Blaenymaes they have horses in the gardens to get about.

That's like saying penarth is a nice part of cardiff, or the vale of glamorgan. I love how the jacks seem to claim the nearby countryside as there own. Its gower peninsula, not THE gower peninsula by the way :)

Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:42 am

blueheaven wrote:Was down in Swansea today visiting my Daughter who is in Uni down there (And to her Credit travels to Cardiff for every home game) Anyway we went out for Sunday dinner but on the way back to her student digs we found the road closed and had to take a diversion that took us through a area called Gors which is close to Townhill.

Lebanon and Tehran (After the recent bombings) look pleasant and nice places to live in comparison with Gors it really was a shithole complete with a maasive Gypsy type horse chained to some green outside someones house, gangs of chavs who looked high on drugs hung around and spotty faced youths were reving high powered cars which they had probably nicked. I was quite relieved when we got out of that area but then had to drive through Townhill :o :D

I know all Towns and Cities have their bad areas but this Gors looked something else anyone else been through there???

sounds good to me :ayatollah:

i miss the sight of stray horses and nackers....think i'll take a trip to ballymun tomorrow

Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:00 am

The following was posted by someone who has lived in Swansea all their life and it says it all really :D

swansea,chaviest place on earth
Posted on February 28, 2009 by admin
i’ve lived in swansea all of my life and i have to say of all the places ive been to, the chavs in my home town are the worst.
the most popular hangout is the city centre high st,the job centre is located here and its close to dyfatty flats, full of heroin addicts. walking down high st in the day is bad enough but at night you’re taking your life into your hands,the city centre is full of chavs especially on a monday, 15 year old girls with those piercings above their lips ,pack out primark with their prams ,greggs bakeries are another favourite to get their brats their pasties,oxford st is full of them , gangs of chavs with prams outside the 99p shop and of course soccer sports,if it wasn’t for chavs i dont think soccer sports would be open , the chavs go there for their tracksuits and nike air max trainers,and of course to buy the latest trainers in chav style for their babies.all the chav girls have yellow hair, elizabeth duke earrings, and about 40 rings on each finger,guaranteed every sentence they speak ends in the word MUSH,im hoping to move out of this shithole soon as its really starting to get me down, me and my mates dont even drink much in the city centre any more, because of the amount of chavs,thank god for the new sa1 development, otherwise we’d have nowhere to go, any body considering visiting this pit don’t bother, you wont be missing anything. :lol:

Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:39 am

Mumbles by christ???? f**k me I went there on a saturday and everythin was closed bar a Greggs, so I went in got a chocolate muffin which tasted like toothpaste :lol: Mumbles aint special. I do like Gypsy Centrals plans for their bay mind yo, when is it completed?

Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:09 am

People from Jackland = Even bigger gypo's than those retarded sounding c*nts from them shitty insignificant little valley towns. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:11 am

Was it Gorseinon or Gors?

Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:25 am

It's a bigger shithole than Iraq & Newport combined.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:26 am

Dafydd wrote:Was it Gorseinon or Gors?

Definitely Gors and definitely a shithole!!

Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:29 am

blueheaven wrote:
Dafydd wrote:Was it Gorseinon or Gors?

Definitely Gors and definitely a shithole!!

:lol: Well I played hockey in Gorseinon for ages and that was a proper shithole

Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:51 am

Roath_Bluebird wrote:People from Jackland = Even bigger gypo's than those retarded sounding c*nts from them shitty insignificant little valley towns. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wow! I bet our fans from the valleys love you. what do you reckon gwynne? I suspect that tact isn't one of your strong points Roath_Bluebird ? :D

Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:27 pm

Fair play Penlan's a dive as well. Went to watch one of my uni mates play football there. Agree though that the west side of Swansea (Killay etc) is nice.