Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Shay Given wants a loan to the Championship !!!!!!!

Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:12 pm

Get on the phone DJ and Bellamy !!!!!

He is worth at least another 10 points to any Championship team IMO.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 56,00.html

Re: Shay Given wants a loan to the Championship !!!!!!!

Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:17 pm

Erm, Given says he 'would consider' a move to the Championship to get first team football....and it would have to be with a worthwhile team, i.e. pushing for promotion

Whilst we fall into that category and he would be a great catch, so to speak, we have two keepers more than capable of seing us through this season and beyond....and Dave Jones knows that!!

So not for us, I'm guessing....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:20 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:Erm, Given says he 'would consider' a move to the Championship to get first team football....and it would have to be with a worthwhile team, i.e. pushing for promotion

Whilst we fall into that category and he would be a great catch, so to speak, we have two keepers more than capable of seing us through this season and beyond....and Dave Jones knows that!!

So not for us, I'm guessing....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Surely Given is miles better than both, and he is friendly with Bellamy, I would absolutely love him to come here. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:27 pm

We've get good enough keepers as it is not an area we are struggling in.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:28 pm

RFMH wrote:We've get good enough keepers as it is not an area we are struggling in.

True, but its shay given :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:30 pm

RFMH wrote:We've get good enough keepers as it is not an area we are struggling in.

We've got good strikers too, if Torres wanted a game would you say the same ???????????????????????????????????????????????

Imagine if he went to Swansea, QPR or Leicester or Forest, a guaranteed extra 10 points...........

Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:32 pm

glammy74 wrote:

True, but its shay given :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I agree as unlikely as it is he would be a temendous coup, the ampunt of ;last ditch saves he makes is unreal especially as we have a defence that leaks like a tea bag!

Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:35 pm

Yeah but that's 7 loans

Granted Koumas makes it 6 loans as he's never coming back

Its workable as Bellamy or Keogh would miss out (for different reasons) and i'd welcome him here. But i'd rather see us get a player like Oly.

Thats without his wages being a factor which I imagine would be enormous as we couldn't really afford.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:40 pm

Bluebina wrote:

We've got good strikers too, if Torres wanted a game would you say the same ???????????????????????????????????????????????

Imagine if he went to Swansea, QPR or Leicester or Forest, a guaranteed extra 10 points...........

Is Torres a mate of Craig's too, then????

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:46 pm

I agree. Not a priority. Would be disruptive. He talks of a recall clause. We would gain less than he from such a deal.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:50 pm

Shay Given is light Years better than our 2 clumsey muppets

Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:52 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Shay Given is light Years better than our 2 clumsey muppets

Possibly, but how long would he stay?

Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:53 pm

If we get promoted - he would want to stay

Lets face it our supporters & club are infectious

Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:56 pm

thought he had picked up an injury not that long ago?......... prob just wanting to get himself match fit, rather keep the two we got, after all they are the ones that will prob be playing for us next season against the big guns.... they need the experience imo :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:56 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:If we get promoted - he would want to stay

Lets face it our supporters & club are infectious

Quotes I have seen refer to an immediate recall clause.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:04 pm

Clumsy muppet? Ohh dear :lol:

GK Muppet
RB Injury Prone
CB Donkey
CB Tool slow Hungarian International
LB Worst player ever worse than Comminges

RW Lost form Scottish RW
CM Shit's out of challenges
CM Shits even more out of challenges
LW Can't play more than once a week

CF Doesn't score 'enough' despite more than 20 goals last season
CF Falls over too often

Cardiff fans are a right old negative bunch in fairness, if that's what we have and we're second, what the hell else does the league have?

Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:15 pm

Not Negative at all but we need a good keeper IF we go up & if Given is available - GO & GET HIM I SAY

Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:37 pm

Uccello Azzurro wrote:

Possibly, but how long would he stay?

For the rest of the season UNLESS Joe Hart got injured.............

Would have to be worth the gamble...........

Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:39 pm

welshdougie wrote:thought he had picked up an injury not that long ago?......... prob just wanting to get himself match fit, rather keep the two we got, after all they are the ones that will prob be playing for us next season against the big guns.... they need the experience imo :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

No chance if we were to go up, we would get a new number one and Marshall would probably move on.......

Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:48 pm

Uccello Azzurro wrote:

Possibly,

there's no possibly about it. Given is 1 of the best keepers in the country.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:03 pm

Talksport

Stan Collymore
TSCollymore Stan Collymore
Strong rumour of Shay Given going to Leicester City on loan from Manchester City,with the Foxes paying all of his wages.

:? :?

Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:31 pm

Xplosiv3 wrote:Talksport

Stan Collymore
TSCollymore Stan Collymore
Strong rumour of Shay Given going to Leicester City on loan from Manchester City,with the Foxes paying all of his wages.

:? :?

That would be bad for the rest of the Championship !!!

If they get him I see them going up, even if it's through the playoffs, they are building one hell of a strong squad !!!

Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:45 pm

You are only allowed to loan 4 players over the age of 23 per season....as we have keogh, bellamy, oli and koumas this thread is retarded!

Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:10 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:You are only allowed to loan 4 players over the age of 23 per season....as we have keogh, bellamy, oli and koumas this thread is retarded!

Oh is it John Wayne ??????????? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:11 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:You are only allowed to loan 4 players over the age of 23 per season....as we have keogh, bellamy, oli and koumas this thread is retarded!

keogh's gone :lol:

Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:12 pm

glammy74 wrote:

keogh's gone :lol:

I know there was always a chance loan players could leave and new one could arrive, tell John Wayne, he hadn't thought of that :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: