Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff city history books?

Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:56 am

does anybody know of any cardiff city book that tell you stories about legends or great games of the past because i know f*** all about cardiffs history other than the obvious ones eg. real madrid,leeds and so on but i know hardly anything of ex players and was just wondering if there was any books on it? thanks in advance

Re: Cardiff city history books?

Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:08 am

In my opinion the very best book around of the type you talk about is The Official History of the Bluebirds which was written by John Crooks. The downsides with the book though are that it was published back in 1992 and, even if you were able to find one on sale now, I understand that it would cost you a lot more than the original price (which I seem to remember was about £15).

However, last year saw a similar type of book published called Cardiff City 100 Years of Professional Football by Terry Grandin which, although not quite as good as the original, is an excellent read - it has a chapter called "Legends" about our most famous players.

I paid £15.99 for that book, but it looks as if you can get it for as little as £8.76 on Amazon - I'd say that is the one you should go for.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_nos ... rs&x=0&y=0

Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:39 am

Have you read the Fred Keenor book? I thought it was a pretty good read,quite a bit about the players from the 1920s.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:56 am

Cardiff City Miscileny (I can't spell that word) has loads of random facts about CCFC. Brilliant and funny facts book.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:03 am

Agree with TOBW regarding that book, also excellent is 'The who's who of Cardiff City', by Dean Hayes. I think its still available.
I wish the John Crooks book was still available!