Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re Loans. Koumas and Keogh a waste

Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:00 pm

I know it wasnt to be expected and it looked a great idea at the time, but JK has sadly turned out to be a wasted loan player as `i am sure you all dissapointingly agree. And if Jay stays I think Keogh will turn out that way too, now Beast has arrived.

Is there no way we can send this pair back to their clubs and get some quality central midfield and left back cover?

Not sure of the arrangements of the above deals. Gutted about JK though
:ayatollah:

Re: Re Loans. Koumas and Keogh a waste

Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:14 pm

i think keogh has been a good addition scored a few important goals and doesnt stop running, now we have strengthend the squad think he's a great player to have on the bench!! :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:15 pm

Keogh hasn't been awful but he hasn't worked in the DJ system.

He run's, he's full of energy and he likes the ball to feet. Yet, we lump it to him in the air

Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:34 pm

keogh good squad player who works hard! id like to see koumas pissoff back were he came from, hes a waste of space! Were going for promtion, we cant afford to carry pasengers, bollox to him needing an arm around him and all that crap, hes not up 2 it, so hes no use to us! Fuk sentiment, hes taking up a valuble loan space lol

Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:38 pm

keogh is up for the fight and to be fair has taken hell of beating in games he plays but he gives his all in city shirt can't fault him. koumas i was happy when we signed him but he been massive fail its shame because he a fantastic player but looks like he lost lost his confidence well and truly

Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:41 am

Keough does work hard and is a useful squad player-but with the way we play and djs tactics the beast must rank ahead of him.Koumas is a shadow of the player we had a few years ago-there can be no sentiment in our push for the holy grail-so we have to get rid of him if we can.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:59 am

totally agree with koumas the player of old would have been great ,i d go as far to say that if we had the old koumas back we would be top by a distance at this moment feel sorry for the lad completely lost it,and as far as keogh seems alot aree he aint totally shit he does do alot of the had work which goes unnoticed but i expectd alot more considering he s an premership and interational player

Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:00 am

In my mind the failure of the Koumas/Drinkwater loans (Keogh hasn't been too bad) proves the beauty of the loan system. Had we bought these players for a transfer fee we would now be stuck with them on long term contracts.

Drinkwater has already gone and JK will be gone in the summer, so while both where a gamble (as are all signings) at least the damage of these loans isn't too long lasting.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:06 am

has koumas been fit at any point,is he carrying an injury?,he cant have become shite,he has 2 much class for it to be just a loss of form

Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:06 am

Do you know what Keogh is? He's the player who is going to secure us promotion. He is the sort of player who isn't a total fans favourite who will pop up and enter himself into club folklore. He's a similar ilk to Andy Campbell. I reckon he's still got something to offer and I've been happy with his input so far.

I think Koumas has let the fans and himself down. I don't care what issues he has got. If they were that big he shouldn't have put himself in the position of signing for us on loan. He's had his chances and he's not been fucked.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:16 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:In my mind the failure of the Koumas/Drinkwater loans (Keogh hasn't been too bad) proves the beauty of the loan system. Had we bought these players for a transfer fee we would now be stuck with them on long term contracts.

Drinkwater has already gone and JK will be gone in the summer, so while both where a gamble (as are all signings) at least the damage of these loans isn't too long lasting.

Maybe, we're still stuck paying part of the wage and a season long loan fee.

The failure with Drinkwater was the manager changing tactics, throwing Drinkwater back when not fit then playing him against Stoke - on the left, something he did with Taiwo against the Jacks. And I'd be amazed ifthe reasoning wasn't to cover Naylor against Pennant.

Drinkwater is a decent player - showed that start of the season. After that, teams twigging how we played / tactically inept manager made some players look poor.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:21 pm

A half fit (mentally and physically) Koumas would carry this division. Its sad and I feel for the lad

Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:40 pm

nerd wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:In my mind the failure of the Koumas/Drinkwater loans (Keogh hasn't been too bad) proves the beauty of the loan system. Had we bought these players for a transfer fee we would now be stuck with them on long term contracts.

Maybe, we're still stuck paying part of the wage and a season long loan fee.

The failure with Drinkwater was the manager changing tactics, throwing Drinkwater back when not fit then playing him against Stoke - on the left, something he did with Taiwo against the Jacks. And I'd be amazed ifthe reasoning wasn't to cover Naylor against Pennant.

Drinkwater is a decent player - showed that start of the season. After that, teams twigging how we played / tactically inept manager made some players look poor.

Is that the SMAE manager that's got our club to THREE Wembley appearances, an FA Cup Final, a higher league position EVERY year he has been in charge and a debut England international????

Pretty shit really, I suppose, after what we achieved BEFORE he came, eh????

WTF???? I've said it before: Nerd by name....

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:01 pm

Komas-What a waste of tallent he needs tosort his head out but i think its to late.
Keough- Maybe he should of gone to a 1st or 2nd division side sorry cant cut the championship slow and cant shoot.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:17 pm

birchblue wrote:Komas-What a waste of tallent he needs tosort his head out but i think its to late.
Keough- Maybe he should of gone to a 1st or 2nd division side sorry cant cut the championship slow and cant shoot.

He's won two games for us though with crucial goals? Surely he's worth having just for that? Especially if we get promoted by 4 points come the end of the season.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:55 pm

keogh has been a very good loan signing

Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:23 pm

we needed a keogh type player when jay went off in the play-off final

Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:35 pm

Keogh is not the player we need i would put Parkin in front of him any day ok he scored two goals but how many could of he scored.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:42 pm

you could say exactly the same about the rest of our forwards over the last few months