Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ANDY MURRAY TO END 75 YEARS OF HURT

Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:51 pm

well ive been saying for the last 4 years that andy murray will deffo win a grand slam tournament. with nadal and federer now knocked out this must be his biggest and maybe only chance of finally bringing home a grand slam for britain since fred perry in 1936..... COME ON MURRAY! :ayatollah:

Re: ANDY MURRAY TO END 75 YEARS OF HURT

Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:04 pm

No pressure then lol

Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:08 pm

I suppose he'll be British again for a short while, egged on by Sky Sports....before becoming Scottish again when he's knocked out in the early stages of a tournament!!

:lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll:
:roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:11 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:I suppose he'll be British again for a short while, egged on by Sky Sports....before becoming Scottish again when he's knocked out in the early stages of a tournament!!

:lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll:
:roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:

i always think of him as a fellow celt!

Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:09 pm

AHERNE wrote:
Sven Ghali wrote:I suppose he'll be British again for a short while, egged on by Sky Sports....before becoming Scottish again when he's knocked out in the early stages of a tournament!!

i always think of him as a fellow celt!

That's fair....as long as it excludes the egotistical bunch over 'the bridge'

:ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol:
:lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:17 pm

I dont think he's ready to win he's been in better form and fitness before now

and still shit and lost :lol:

dont get me wrong he's ok but his game is pretty text book and ordinary to watch ,
unlike nadal who's classy , and as much as i hate big nose ''federer'' he's got some amazing signatures

Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:24 pm

ccfc_cotta wrote:I dont think he's ready to win he's been in better form and fitness before now

and still shit and lost :lol:

dont get me wrong he's ok but his game is pretty text book and ordinary to watch ,
unlike nadal who's classy , and as much as i hate big nose ''federer'' he's got some amazing signatures

NADAL AND FEDERER ARE OUT!

Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:46 pm

Who the f**k is Andy Murray?

And what happened 75 years ago, 1935 or thereabouts?

A cursory search reveals that both Pavototti and Elvis were born that year but nothing else of any note.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:00 pm

Willy the Wombat wrote:Who the f**k is Andy Murray?

And what happened 75 years ago, 1935 or thereabouts?

A cursory search reveals that both Pavototti and Elvis were born that year but nothing else of any note.

Andy Murray is a tennis player.

And 75 years ago was 1936, and Fred Perry won Wimbledon. Last British male tennis player to win a singles grand slam.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:06 pm

I hope he wins obviously
but he aint that good :lol:

Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:43 pm

Pinster25 wrote:I hope he wins obviously
but he aint that good :lol:

well he's now in the final, so maybe just maybe..............

Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:16 pm

Andy Murray will win sports personality of the year 2011. Nailed on, take the odds now, there is no WC, no Olympics, even a Brit winning open wont beat Britain's first slam winner for 75 yrs

Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:29 pm

BEEP AHM wrote:Andy Murray will win sports personality of the year 2011. Nailed on, take the odds now, there is no WC, no Olympics, even a Brit winning open wont beat Britain's first slam winner for 75 yrs

Odds at the moment at 11/8 with William Hill.
Not worth the gamble, the rugby WC is at the end of the year, usually plays a part. And the Cricket WC.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:35 pm

Aled,

I know what you are saying mate but if Murray wins the final it doesnt matter who wins the cricket and rugby WCs. It will be biggest sporting achievement in decades.
Plus he still has 3 other slams to contest.
Mind you odds are shorter than I thought :cry:

Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:51 pm

Andy Murray on verge of historic disappointment

After moving into the semi-finals of the Australian open, Andy Murray has put himself within touching distance of a historic double in securing back-to-back defeats at the final hurdle.

Murray, Britain’s number 1 and the World number 5, is seeking a repeat of his 2010 Australian Open performance which saw him lose in straight sets in the final to that Swiss guy who is actually much better than him at tennis.

Commentator and former professional tennis disappointment Sue Barker told viewers, “What we’re seeing here is history being made. Losing back-to-back finals is something that will be talked about long after Andy has hung up his tennis racket.”

“He really is on the brink of something special here. Fans can easily look past his sullen demeanor when he’s providing such memorable moments of sporting misery.”

Murray reaches Australian Open semi-final
Murray’s path to his latest disappointment has been fairly smooth, though some experts suggest that losing only one set so far has not provided the best preparation for losing three of them in one of his next two games.

His former coach Miles Maclagan said, “What we are looking at here is an on-form Andy Murray, who has so far looked completely untroubled throughout the tournament – which is why this next disappointment will be so significant.”

“He looks fit, confident, and just about ready to burst with anguish when he gets beaten in the next few days.”

“If he could lose in the final at Wimbledon too I’d say he was a shoe-in for Sports Personality of The Year 2011.”

Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:33 pm

MyNameIsAled wrote:
BEEP AHM wrote:Andy Murray will win sports personality of the year 2011. Nailed on, take the odds now, there is no WC, no Olympics, even a Brit winning open wont beat Britain's first slam winner for 75 yrs

Odds at the moment at 11/8 with William Hill.
Not worth the gamble, the rugby WC is at the end of the year, usually plays a part. And the Cricket WC.

Hes 11/8 to win the Australian Open your better off doing that bet and getting your payout Sunday as opposed to the end of the year. If Murrey loses one of the Ashes team will win it.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:43 pm

Magners,

Fair point, however, Murray will be recognised for runner up and maybe another good showing at wimbledon will gd enough.

Anyway I'm punting both at that price so hopefully come sunday I will be on the magners :lol:

Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:30 pm

Sports 'personality'????????... He should get done under the Trades Description Act!

He is the most boring tw*t I've ever seen. He makes Steve Davis look like Freddie Starr!!!

I actually have a recording of one of his interviews that I play when im struggling to
get to sleep at night

Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:57 pm

Sorry mate, i'm not interested in AM, what about Cardiff City, 50 years of hurt? The last time WE played in the [old] first division was May 01, 1962, a two all draw agains Aston Villa [away] att, 22174. Our last home game in the [old] first div was v West Ham Utd, a 3-0 win, [Ward 2 Tapscott] att 11274 :o on the 23 April 1962.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:45 pm

Murray will do well to beat Djokovic in the final, as I watched him beat Federer in straight sets and Murray wasn't nearly consistent enough against Ferrer!

Football is still my first love, but I will still look forward to watching the final on Saturday and hope that Murray wins it! :) :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:40 pm

Overthemoon wrote:Murray will do well to beat Djokovic in the final, as I watched him beat Federer in straight sets and Murray wasn't nearly consistent enough against Ferrer!

Football is still my first love, but I will still look forward to watching the final on Saturday and hope that Murray wins it! :) :ayatollah:

Final Sunday morning mate

Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:05 pm

TENNIS = POSH mans sprot

So f**k it and f**k Murray the Jock

Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:21 am

Stewart wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:Murray will do well to beat Djokovic in the final, as I watched him beat Federer in straight sets and Murray wasn't nearly consistent enough against Ferrer!

Final Sunday morning mate

:oops: Yes, thanks for correcting my mistake mate! :ayatollah:

I have no idea why I put Saturday instead of Sunday, as I knew it is due to start around 8.30am Sunday! :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:24 am

Pricey wrote:TENNIS = POSH mans sprot

So f**k it and f**k Murray the Jock

Do you ever read back, any of the shit that you type? :idea: :roll:

Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:48 am

Andy Murray does not have a great personality agreed but the last two winners of the award were RYAN GIGGS and AP, hmmm now theres two guys who are life and soul of the party dont you think? :lol: