Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

nicking in

Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:05 pm

how many of u oldies can remember the buzz of nicking in to the old ninian park,i can.my oldest brother would plan it military style,the best place was at the back of the bob bank stand wall,there would be up to 30 kids at any one time hiding in the grass and bushes on the side of the railway line.we would wait for the coppers to move away from the outer fence and on my older brothers command would run like f**k and climb the fence or through the ready made damaged hole depending what size u were.the coppers would catch some but because of the numbers a few would get through,being one of nine kids the game of british bulldogs was great practice for this and was the only way we could have afforded to watch the footy.when u got to the bob bank wall u had to climb up the small gap between the brick wall and the corrugated sheeting.my older bro would then launch all the kids up the gap and up onto the top of the wall inside the ground making sure u didnt get spotted by the old bill.i remember one particular time especially when having made all the effort of breaking in we peered over the top of the wall looking for the coppers but instead all we could see was about 200 of birminghams finest looking straight at us,f**k that we thought so we dropped straight back down and landed bang on top of my oldest brother who had started to climb up himself.we didnt know who we were more affraid of my bro, or the 200 brum. :lol: :lol: :lol: :old: :old: :old: