Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Scotish football (piss poor)

Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:13 pm

To me scotish football is a poor standard celtic and rangers thats all there is really the rest are to-bit sides who wouldnt survive in division two due to wage budget/fan base,its like putting man utd,chelsea wage structure wise and moving them in to are confrence in uk compared to there budget to other clubs in the same league i mean two teams every year for how long now 20years+? dont ppl find that really boring,The standard is crap i think in general celtic and rangers would be mid table sides in are league as for the rest well you only have to look at some scotish prem home games gates eg/4000 fans watching to see what the gap is between them and the 2real teams in that league i mean even bradford city got more at home last weekend than 3scotish prem home gates together wtf is that all about :lol:

Re: Scotish football (piss poor)

Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:14 pm

Was there any point in posting this? Who has claimed that Scottish football is quality?

League 2 quality is definitely stretching it. League 1 standard is much more realistic, and even then a couple of the teams below Rangers/Celtic could probably make it as lower table Championship teams, with the poorest teams maybe slotting into League 1. The quality is poor, but no one ever tries to argue against that fact. You look at all the countries in Europe that are smaller than Scotland and have a better league. I challenge you to find a couple. Also, look how much money the league gets outside of the top 2; Certainly way below the money pumped into the Championship.

I really don't get what this post is trying to prove other than a needless dig at Scottish football that no one really wants to hear.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:19 pm

To be fair, if teams like Scunthorpe and Doncaster can survive then I think teams like Aberdeen and Hearts could certainly make a go of it. I genuinely think Celtic and Rangers would struggle to get out of the Championship though.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:22 pm

G3vans wrote:Was there any point in posting this? Who has claimed that Scottish football is quality?

League 2 quality is definitely stretching it. League 1 standard is much more realistic, and even then a couple of the teams below Rangers/Celtic could probably make it as lower table Championship teams, with the poorest teams maybe slotting into League 1. The quality is poor, but no one ever tries to argue against that fact. You look at all the countries in Europe that are smaller than Scotland and have a better league. I challenge you to find a couple. Also, look how much money the league gets outside of the top 2; Certainly way below the money pumped into the Championship.

I really don't get what this post is trying to prove other than a needless dig at Scottish football that no one really wants to hear.

yes there was a point its a forum and like the thread says its my thoughts if u go around posting "was there any point in posting this" your 3posts on this forum will not go far.It is a dig at scotish football in general just saying how it is. :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:26 pm

PtB wrote:To be fair, if teams like Scunthorpe and Doncaster can survive then I think teams like Aberdeen and Hearts could certainly make a go of it. I genuinely think Celtic and Rangers would struggle to get out of the Championship though.

Yes they probly could but scots prem games between to lesser teams watched by not even 5k supporters is kind of crazy for prem sides in general the gap is huge from the normal two league runners over many years its not as if english/welsh ect players go there for the atmosphere unless its celtic/rangers derby i know its all about the money to players.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:30 pm

Just the effect of the Premiership - sometimes people won't have an interest in something when they know it's not the best quality (not that I'm saying a lot of Scots go to prem matches - just that they can't be arsed to attend). Just like in Ireland. We're lucky that we're in the pyramid

Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:39 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
PtB wrote:To be fair, if teams like Scunthorpe and Doncaster can survive then I think teams like Aberdeen and Hearts could certainly make a go of it. I genuinely think Celtic and Rangers would struggle to get out of the Championship though.

Yes they probly could but scots prem games between to lesser teams watched by not even 5k supporters is kind of crazy for prem sides in general the gap is huge from the normal two league runners over many years its not as if english/welsh ect players go there for the atmosphere unless its celtic/rangers derby i know its all about the money to players.

The standard isn't great in the SPL, and it's overpiced - punters are responding with their feet and not going. I can recall many of the SPL teams getting more than double what they do now with Hamilton maybe the only exception. Even the Old FIrm are struggling to get people through the gates - Rangers at home were watched by 13,000 earlier this month.
95% of players are all about the money - the game has been like that for years all over the world. f**k - Dundee signed Cannigia and Ravanelli - they sure as hell weren't there to see the sights of Tayside!!!!